Release date: November 30th 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi.com
Price: £21.99
Notes: Limited to 4000

01.jpg

02.jpg 04.jpg
00.jpg 03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Man you're a legend, I had no idea they were so reasonably priced until I saw your post. Now I've got a Blufans Iron Man for £44.50 including postage, so I'm pretty happy with that.

I owe you one pal :thumbs:
Haha awesome dude, yeah the ate very reasonably priced. Theirs probably too many IM's now so the prices have come down a fair bit. Play version and FS seem the only 2 unaffected by this. :naughty:

Did you go for the lenti or quarter slip? [emoji41]

Haha awesome dude, yeah the ate very reasonably priced. Theirs probably too many IM's now so the prices have come down a fair bit. Play version and FS seem the only 2 unaffected by this. :naughty:

Did you go for the lenti or quarter slip? [emoji41]

It had to be the lenti, to match my Thor and Cap blufans :cool:. Trouble is I'm hooked on Blufans now. So although you're in my good books my wallet hates you ;)

This zavvi version does now seem kinda pointless to me, I think it will mostly only benefit casual collectors or noobs.

Reactions: psychoscot
It had to be the lenti, to match my Thor and Cap blufans :cool:. Trouble is I'm hooked on Blufans now. So although you're in my good books my wallet hates you ;)

This zavvi version does now seem kinda pointless to me, I think it will mostly only benefit casual collectors or noobs.

I think all our wallets hate us :rofl::rofl::rofl: I mainly stick to slipped version now and pass a lot of UK editions up unless they are seriously nice and that has saved me a fortune. I spent way too much last year on steels I will probably never watch again lol

Reactions: ChrisIW and harry
A completely unnecessary release. We already have an Iron Man SteelBook. We don't need yet another rerelease of something we already have! What's the point in having a limited run of a product if they are only going to print more a couple of years down the line for all the n00bs who missed out the first time around? Let the new collectors pay eBay prices if they really want it. Comes down to pure greed on Zavvi's part. May as well just rerelease every PLAY and HMV exclusive while they are at it...

• Helpful Post
Reactions: SaberTooth
A completely unnecessary release. We already have an Iron Man SteelBook. We don't need yet another rerelease of something we already have! What's the point in having a limited run of a product if they are only going to print more a couple of years down the line for all the n00bs who missed out the first time around? Let the new collectors pay eBay prices if they really want it. Comes down to pure greed on Zavvi's part. May as well just rerelease every PLAY and HMV exclusive while they are at it...
Don't buy it then! why moan about something you don't want or need. What you don't realise is some people that are new to collecting may not have this title and others who have missed this before and also people who love IM so much that they are prepared to buy it again! historically its always sold well, so why shouldn't they sell this release. How dare they try to make money. Why should noobs pay ebay prices, seems a bit selfish to me! You have this already so screw everyone else who doesn't.......seems out of touch with the general goodwill of this forum!

Seems like your only thinking of yourself. but than again what can you expect from a noob!!! :D

I do not believe for one second that everyone that buys steelbooks is buying them for a monetary gain. Some do, but many buy because it is what they like doing. If you like a character or steelbook enough, you will buy every version out there. Some are more selective. It's all a personal choice. No one is forcing anyone to buy anything. At the end of the day, it's a painted tin can encasing plastic.

I buy them because I like them and it's a hobby of mine. Sometimes it becomes expensive for me, so I don't buy a certain steelbook. In this case, I have the Future Shop one as well as the BluFans one because I like them. I didn't care much for the play.com ones, so I didn't buy them. If this one peaks my interest, I will most certainly buy it depending on the price.

Those who are in this game looking for a monetary gain, you take your chances much like the stock market. Sometimes you gamble and come out on top, and sometimes you lose your shirt. That's just the way it is. I have seen my fair share of ups and downs, but carry on purchasing those that I like, not because of what they would be worth 10 years down the road. Companies have every right to distribute as many copies as they want for profit because that's exactly what they are in it for. They will continue rehashing the same title over and over again so long as there is a demand and there is money to made. They don't care about our bleeding wallets one bit.

In an ideal world, everyone would get every steelbook that they wanted at the price they wanted / afford and have the value of them rise forever skyward, but obviously, this will never be the case.

Peace!

Absolutely disgusting! This is friendly forum for like minded collectors! "Let them pay eBay prices" really! REALLY! [emoji35]

Good release, wanted this steelbook for sometime but I'm not the type of noob to pay eBay prices. So do us a favour zavvi and release IM2 and Thor as well

Reactions: dLux
We don't need yet another rerelease of something we already have! What's the point in having a limited run of a product if they are only going to print more a couple of years down the line for all the n00bs who missed out the first time around? Let the new collectors pay eBay prices if they really want it.

Well thats a very douchey and unfriendly thing to say...
Feels like youre in the wrong forum completely if you have that kind of mindset.

I havent been around long enough to enjoy those earlier releases so this is perfect for me.
And I dont have the money to pay insane prices on ebay...

Good release, wanted this steelbook for sometime but I'm not the type of noob to pay eBay prices. So do us a favour zavvi and release IM2 and Thor as well

Yes please!

Last edited:
Thats a part of collecting. sometimes you lose. But the amarays are still available for a good price ;)

You never know. This might be the second in the series of lenti magnets that they are doing. I personally would love to se whole series released with lenti

The problem is that the Avengers steel was alright but not as great as expected - so either they're all going to be just "ok" or (assuming they do better from now on) the Avengers steel will look out of place if all the others are of a better standard.

Why oh why couldn't they have just done a proper job with the first one, then I may have genuinely been excited about a new zavvi/marvel wave.

Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
When are we gonna some of the other movie I want on steelbook instead of all these re releases,
I thought the point of collecting limited edition items was to have something that's rare and collectable
in the future, zavvi are just making a joke of collecting now, rant over.

You know on one hand, I feel bad for people just getting into this game now wanting to get the rarer steels like Iron man 1 and 2 from Play and Thor/Cap from HMV.

But at the end of the day, these are collector items and long out of print, anything like that only increases in value.

It cost me £100 for iron man 1/2 sealed on a forum about 2 years ago, I thought that was steep then but I didnt mind paying it cause I wanted those steelbooks.

Long story short, if you want something bad enough, especially if its of a collectible nature, you'll pay what you need to. Thats what us collectors do

Reactions: lgans316
The nature of Steelbook collecting changed long ago, those who accept things like re-releasing and scalping as being part of the hobby will enjoy it more in my opinion.

In terms of this release, if it is worse than what I already have I will simply pass and it will make no difference to me or my collection. If it is somehow better, I will buy it and sell off my current copy thereby making my collection better and probably making another collector happy in the process. I can't be any worse off than I am now. I would prefer to see something new in Steelbook form of course but the amount of releases nowadays means this is unlikely to have an impact on what other titles are released, so that isn't really a concern.

Although I'm looking forward to seeing the artwork. Zavvi truly is clutching at straws with all these Marvel releases. Everything Marvel related is pretty much the linchpin of their business. I get that it sells but this year of collecting feels more like retailers lining their pockets and I'm not just talking about Zavvi.

However artwork pending this could be stunning.

Reactions: DJ IXS