Purchase link: Zavvi.com
Price: £21.99
Notes: Limited to 4000

01.jpg

02.jpg 04.jpg
00.jpg 03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mate,

IM play has been going for £65+ consistently.

Blufans is on the bottom of the pile followed by Kimchi.

I hope they keep the print run under 3k and price under £18 including both discs.

...and then print another 3k copies next year in the form of a "gold edition" ? ...yea i guess that could work. theres more than 2 ways to milk steelbook suckers after all lol :naughty:

Last edited:
I'd be up for this as I don't own a iron man steelbook.
BUT it should not be higher than £18
They will probably cancel my order tho like they did with the avengers and then lie to me and say they won't get any stock and then put it back online 3 or 4 times.

I have a feeling that if they do a iron man 2 lenti then they might over time continue and do all including hulk, thors, caps and guardians and future releases

Reactions: Steelselecta
I'm disappointed, but not surprised the UK is getting another release.

I've got my play.com & kimchidvd releases which I'm happy with.

Maybe, just maybe the original FS one finally will appear within in my price range because that's the one I really want and I got a few IM's now. But not that one.

(It won't happen though I know. Why should it? There just are some titles that remains grails for good reasons and that's one of them. )

Maybe, just maybe the original FS one finally will appear within in my price range because that's the one I really want and I got a few IM's now. But not that one.

(It won't happen though I know. Why should it? There just are some titles that remains grails for good reasons and that's one of them. )
It appeared 4 or 5 times in the past few months provided you had a budget of £80 - £120. [emoji6]

Reactions: spass
It appeared 4 or 5 times in the past few months provided you had a budget of £80 - £120. [emoji6]

Must admit I haven't been that much active in my search lately, but yeah, I would've paid that. :)

Were they sealed?

Brilliant

Instant purchase
They just need to make sure the Lenticular Magnet is a decent one

I always expected this would happen its not a surprise to me
I look forward to seeing the artwork

Good Artwork with cool embossing with a Gloss finish and needs to be 2 Discs (Film Disc and Extras Disc) as previous UK Steelbook was only 1 Disc

They should also do Lenticular Magnet editions of
Iron Man 2 (2 Discs)
Iron Man 3 (3D/2D)
The Incredible Hulk
Marvel sells so the more the better IMO

I remember mentioning this should happen another UK Steelbook of Iron Man in 2013/2014 and some said no need
We have had Kimchi and Blufans bring out steelbooks of Iron Man and what happened they sold out mega fast

Lots of new steelbook collectors since the Play steelbooks were release and majority of these new collectors missed out on getting these

Any film that's very popular always gets re releases and always will and with the success of avengers you have lot of new film fans
New generation of kids growing up now working and existing collectors who love everything to do with Avengers and Iron Man and Marvel Films

I'm looking forward to this

I wanted IM 2 and IM 3 more than another IM especially with Blufans and Kimchi exclusives..but we all know Marvel and Disney titles are cash cows so as long as the art isn't recycled. It's time for Mark I to make an appearance.
image.jpg

I'd be up for this as I don't own a iron man steelbook.
BUT it should not be higher than £18
They will probably cancel my order tho like they did with the avengers and then lie to me and say they won't get any stock and then put it back online 3 or 4 times.

I have a feeling that if they do a iron man 2 lenti then they might over time continue and do all including hulk, thors, caps and guardians and future releases
God I hope so! I personally think they did a good job with avengers, and would like to see them continue the trend!

hmmmm….

….the average price of an oos IM steelbook is around £100, give or take…. i wonder if zavvi realise there is a very high probability they can get away with charging an extra high price for this? :naughty:

I think you can easily charge £50 for this zavvi…. easily….. and it wld still go oos fast, providing the run isnt more than 4k.

Of course there might be plenty of righteous indignation on forums such as HDN when such a price is revealed…. but when live day comes, u can bet ur ASS that steelbook noobs will still be orderin in their droves, because the alternative is at least double :naughty:

OR

I suppose zavvi could keep it low at £25, but have a significantly higher print run than normal … say 6,000 copies? ….wait…. play.com terminator & prometheus was 5,000 and they still did very well, so how about 8,000? ….this is IM after all :naughty:

Using either way, our retailing friends here would do good business here and make a lot of money :naughty:

Zavvi, SaberTooth advice is: Best to milk this one for all its worth here and now, before the next 17 noob retailers jump in on the IM action ;)

Indeed…. Film Arena edition cant be too far off…. …. better be quick and milk this one goooooood b4 steelbook suckers get half a clue :whistle: :naughty: :D
Why oh why would you give them ideas??[emoji19]

Reactions: Flloydo
Brilliant

Instant purchase
They just need to make sure the Lenticular Magnet is a decent one

I always expected this would happen its not a surprise to me
I look forward to seeing the artwork

Good Artwork with cool embossing with a Gloss finish and needs to be 2 Discs (Film Disc and Extras Disc) as previous UK Steelbook was only 1 Disc

They should also do Lenticular Magnet editions of
Iron Man 2 (2 Discs)
Iron Man 3 (3D/2D)
The Incredible Hulk
Marvel sells so the more the better IMO

I remember mentioning this should happen another UK Steelbook of Iron Man in 2013/2014 and some said no need
We have had Kimchi and Blufans bring out steelbooks of Iron Man and what happened they sold out mega fast

Lots of new steelbook collectors since the Play steelbooks were release and majority of these new collectors missed out on getting these

Any film that's very popular always gets re releases and always will and with the success of avengers you have lot of new film fans
New generation of kids growing up now working and existing collectors who love everything to do with Avengers and Iron Man and Marvel Films

I'm looking forward to this

I would be welcoming to releases for Iron Man 2 & 3 as they have so far been ignored (apart from the initial releases)

Reactions: paulboland
Got to admit, IM was my first blufans... and I don't like it at all. Steel feels cheap and the lenti isn't great. One of the few Asian steels I own that is not on show. I've been priced out of the play steel, so happy to see this pop up. Hopefully the lenti magnet on this is not like the Avengers shocker...!