Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release Date: 22 Aug, 2012

Buy Link

Special note: comes with a clear slipcase and a booklet

Amazon JP pictures:
81TcV-yt9aL__AA1500_.jpg

91Io4EooSL__AA1500_.jpg

Member pictures courtesy of chipvideo - [WARNING - Peruse at your own risk :hilarious:]

Last edited by a moderator:
I must be lucky. All 3 TGWTDT that I have does not seem to have any paint chips or damage...I must go and look again.... I also sent a few TGWTDT to a few HDN members and none complained.

Last edited:
After it goes oos, it might come back in stock again, just like TGWTDT. :p

Probably. :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 08:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 AM ----------

I got a replacement yesterday that was dented worse than the one it replaced. :hilarious:

They shipped the damn thing in an envelope.

Yep, still showing 1 available. Maybe were discovering Amazon JP's strategy for selling these deluxe edition steels? Making it seem super limited by showing very limited stock numbers, when in fact it's only limited to the number they can print.

Seems to be OOS for good. Glad I secured my order. Anyone wanting a copy badly will probably have to spend $200+ on eBay, won't be long till prices skyrocket. Anyways, FANTASTIC job ninjas. The only thing that would ruin this moment is if it came back in stock.

Seems to be OOS for good. Glad I secured my order. Anyone wanting a copy badly will probably have to spend $200+ on eBay, won't be long till prices skyrocket. Anyways, FANTASTIC job ninjas. The only thing that would ruin this moment is if it came back in stock.

$200 seems so ridiculous for this Steelbook with every Steelbook country releasing this same looking Steelbook. :)

$200 seems so ridiculous for this Steelbook with every Steelbook country releasing this same looking Steelbook. :)

If this doesn't get restocked it could be one of the rarest releases ever. There were only 100 copies available when I checked the stock levels upon release. It's possible less than 500 copies or less were made, maybe even 200 or 300.

But it's pretty much the same as Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. You're not buying it just for the steelbook. You're buying it because it's the highest quality release of the title.

Reactions: Steelknight47
Yeah not really worth it when I believe ive probably got the same booklet in my Dutch digibook apart from mine is in English and not Japanese so can read it.

Reactions: n3wk1d
i locked in my order with Blade steels which will only ship in Mid Sept.
does this secure my order for Jaws?

Hopefully it does......but I just had an order with the Back to the Futures that had Captain America in the same order. When it came time to ship ths order they did not have CA anymore so Amazon canceled the Captain America. To be safe you might want to separate the shipments and have them deliver the Jaws earlier then the Blades

TBH I would bet Jaws comes back in stock anyways

Reactions: chantm
Hopefully it does......but I just had an order with the Back to the Futures that had Captain America in the same order. When it came time to ship ths order they did not have CA anymore so Amazon canceled the Captain America. To be safe you might want to separate the shipments and have them deliver the Jaws earlier then the Blades

TBH I would bet Jaws comes back in stock anyways

That adds 70 more dollars to the already expensive shipping cost. Just cancel the item that are on pre-order. Much cheaper method

If this doesn't get restocked it could be one of the rarest releases ever. There were only 100 copies available when I checked the stock levels upon release. It's possible less than 500 copies or less were made, maybe even 200 or 300.

But it's pretty much the same as Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. You're not buying it just for the steelbook. You're buying it because it's the highest quality release of the title.

@blumaster

I could not have said it better myself.
Quality over quantity.

Don't know if this is the right place for this (maybe the ebay thread would be better) but I saw one of these go for £92 on ebay last night.