Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: May 27, 2024
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £34.99

ef6a3472-ea8e-4095-9bf5-976384a99847.jpg

4e310b2d-9994-4575-916a-bab895dd4f6b.jpg e8b43790-9cdc-480f-a0e7-e0ed1856ad9c.jpg

Last edited:
Nah, hmv try like 3 times. Or is it 3 extra times? I forget but usually if it declines they try the next day and the next after that.
Fair. It's just a bit of a coincidence that there's a small restock on the day people are charged for the preorders. Perhaps cancellations prompted by the charging.

Fair. It's just a bit of a coincidence that there's a small restock on the day people are charged for the preorders. Perhaps cancellations prompted by the charging.
I often times will ore order everything that takes my fancy but I don't always actually have enough money when it comes to actually pay. More often than not when it tries to charge me (cos I don't keep money in the account I use for pre orders) I either transfer the money and let it take payment, or I decide I don't want it/can't afford it and cancel it. So it makes sense other people might cancel shortly after pre orders take payment.

I often times will ore order everything that takes my fancy but I don't always actually have enough money when it comes to actually pay. More often than not when it tries to charge me (cos I don't keep money in the account I use for pre orders) I either transfer the money and let it take payment, or I decide I don't want it/can't afford it and cancel it. So it makes sense other people might cancel shortly after pre orders take payment.
Yeah, exactly that. I use a credit card for pretty much everything, so never have that payment issue.

Unlikely. The tracking number usually registers the day after with hmv dispatches. So it should go out tonight.
They usually abide to their release dates. Unlike zavvi. That would be very surprising if HMV are dispatching for an early delivery before Monday. My falcon was dispatched early, picked up by RM a day later than usual and at my local depot ready for Saturday delivery and they still held off and delivered it today.

My last few HMV orders:

Dispatch email 10th May, arrived 11th May
Dispatch email 10th May, arrived 13th May - matching release date
Dispatch email 27th April, arrived 1st May
Dispatch email 19th April, arrived 20th April - two days before release date

I assume it'll arrive soon?

They usually abide to their release dates. Unlike zavvi. That would be very surprising if HMV are dispatching for an early delivery before Monday. My falcon was dispatched early, picked up by RM a day later than usual and at my local depot ready for Saturday delivery and they still held off and delivered it today.
That sounds more like RM than hmv to me, holding off delivery. Like I had crimson peak today, whereas others had it Saturday.

Hmv never dispatch this early in my experience. It's Wednesday, at the earliest. Where I've had the odd friday delivery, but usually Saturday.

If this has actually been dispatched, and the tracking updates tomorrow, it'll be here in a few days time.

That has absolutely not been my experience with them.
It has been mine. Every time I've had a dispatch email from hmv recently, the RM tracking updates by the next day, and arrives 1-2 days after.

It's not like zavvi, where they say it's dispatched amd evri don't actually get it for another 5 days lol

Reactions: TheWildEye
I’ve never heard of anyone getting a release earlier than the release date through HMV. At least in the last few years. They’re so strict with release dates. This could be a one off but it’s crazy rare. Fast at delivery once it’s dispatched when I order in stock items. Usually 2 days after I’ve ordered but not pre orders

Saying that everything for me comes from the West Midlands with HMV as a first stop so if you live around that area it’s possible to get stuff a day early I suppose

I’ve never heard of anyone getting a release earlier than the release date through HMV. At least in the last few years. They’re so strict with release dates. This could be a one off but it’s crazy rare. Fast at delivery once it’s dispatched when I order in stock items. Usually 2 days after I’ve ordered but not pre orders

Saying that everything for me comes from the West Midlands with HMV as a first stop so if you live around that area it’s possible to get stuff a day early I suppose
That's odd cos everything I got recently I think comes from more up north and I seem to have been one of the last to get them. Though most of my stuff comes a few days before street date.

When my Hunger Games steelbook came damaged recently they wouldn't exchange it in the shop until street date. Which was especially annoying as they even said they were in the shop.