John Carter (3D Blu-ray Viva Metal Box) [Taiwan]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Street Date: 8 Jun, 2012
BUY LINK

john_carter1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
it's kind of strange but VIVA METAL is doing a great job with art presentation n maybe the quality is not the same as the steelbook, the presentation to collectors is a key factor for those to become huge... comparisons: the latest REAL STEEL...any how it this become a VIVA it would be cool still...

I'll find out if its steelbook. I'm hoping for a steelbook version myself. Its sad the movie did so poorly at box office compared to what they spent on it ... just goes to show you that no matter how good homeboy (see, even I dont know his name right now) did that you need a lead actor people know/recognize.

I still hope for a sequel tho. My guess is they'll do it but the budget constraint may make it suck.

I'll be owning this for sure.

Reactions: tono06
I'll find out if its steelbook. I'm hoping for a steelbook version myself. Its sad the movie did so poorly at box office compared to what they spent on it ... just goes to show you that no matter how good homeboy (see, even I dont know his name right now) did that you need a lead actor people know/recognize.

I still hope for a sequel tho. My guess is they'll do it but the budget constraint may make it suck.

I'll be owning this for sure.
Taylor Kitsch and it's going to get worse because I think Battleship is going to bomb too. Ouch.They'll probably replace him and he was great. The weak point was the princess. Her acting was stiff. Great movie though. I do hope there is a steel for it.

^^^^ Im hoping Battleship does well financially for the sake of our BC boy Taylor Kitsch. Iv'e been a big fan his ever since the 5 years he was on Friday Night Lights. Great actor IMO. I thought John Carter was a pretty awesome movie but studios don't care about that... they wanna see $$$'s.

Battleship had a pretty series budget as well but I think it will turn a pretty good profit. It already made back its budget from its release in Europe (budget= 209 MIL, earned 215 MIL).<<< And thats before its North American release which happened today. Hopefully go watch it this weekend myself.

Last edited:
i actually am really getting into the viva's these days. these are the only rivals to the steelbooks that have the same quality in my opinion.

Viva or Steelbook this will be mine as it's from Taiwan and has a very nice and unique cover-art :scat:

Will this be available at boomerang,as ive checked their site and theres no mention of it at the moment.Or am i missing something,or someone else has it.
HAVE TO GET THIS ONE....:drool:

Viva or Steelbook this will be mine as it's from Taiwan and has a very nice and unique cover-art :scat:

I think the FS design is better than this one. But I think this design is good enough; it may be that the actual steel (Viva?) is better looking in the flesh (so to speak). The great thing is that it is from Taiwan. Does anyone know if there will be a slipcover, quarter or otherwise? I am a sucker for Taiwanese slipcovers.

Reactions: posty01 and ash333
Pre-order link is up at JSDVD.

http://dvd.jsdvd.com/product_info.php?cPath=34_223&products_id=30242

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

I've been buying Taiwan steelbook for years now and if I remember correctly, all their steelbooks comes with slip.
Shall we order together ?

I think the FS design is better than this one. But I think this design is good enough; it may be that the actual steel (Viva?) is better looking in the flesh (so to speak). The great thing is that it is from Taiwan. Does anyone know if there will be a slipcover, quarter or otherwise? I am a sucker for Taiwanese slipcovers.