Director: Todd Phillips

Cast: Joaquin Phoenix

Plot: A sequel to the 2019 film Joker.

Of course, there's no comparison to a Top-10 masterpiece of All-time! :D

This is a serious film thanks
Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Of course, there's no comparison to a Top-10 masterpiece of All-time! :D

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
A bunch of half naked girls in one half of a slow motion music video the second half an over the top sci fi action film is not comparable to a psychological drama. Sucker punch may be fun but you can’t compare. You feel nothing for those characters because of how it was made. Fun and that’s it

Probably not even in the top 5 of his films. Nothing on watchman, day of the dead, man of steel, BvS (extended) and his justice league

You feel nothing for those characters because of how it was made.

Probably not even in the top 5 of his films. Nothing on watchman, day of the dead, man of steel, BvS (extended) and his justice league
Well I feel a lot for them, after the initial watch, understanding what everything was, it's a very sad and powerful movie for me, seriously, and I do like it much more than all aforementioned.
Watchmen will be far second speaking of his filmography, but nowhere in my personal Top-10. :bag:

Well I feel a lot for them, after the initial watch, understanding what everything was, it's a very sad and powerful movie for me, seriously, and I do like it much more than all aforementioned.
Okay and that’s fine. I kinda take back certain things I’ve said because film speaks to us all in different ways but you sure you’re not a fan because all the girls are gorgeous and half naked with guns? I mean if it wasn’t for Megan Fox being in Jennifer’s body I probably wouldn’t like it as much as I do but my point was this looks like a much more serious film than sucker punch. The fantasy side I’m guessing will sit in their heads with the musical parts, so yeah similar to sucker punch however I feel the metaphorical punches will hit a lot harder i this
Watchmen will be far second speaking of his filmography, but nowhere in my personal Top-10. :bag:

None of my mates like Watchmen, never had the pleasure to enjoy it with someone else. Most my mates find it too much crammed In and ambitious whereas for me it’s perfectly balanced and handled perfectly too. I’d say it’s my top film of his. Saying that I used to love 300 at 18 but not so much anymore at 37

None of my mates like Watchmen, never had the pleasure to enjoy it with someone else. Most my mates find it too much crammed In and ambitious whereas for me it’s perfectly balanced and handled perfectly too. I’d say it’s my top film of his. Saying that I used to love 300 at 18 but not so much anymore at 37
Watchmen is definitely a great film, and I like it a lot, I was just underlining how much farther ahead Sucker Punch is for me.
Watchmen deserves, rather demands its running time, if any film ever had, and maybe would be even better as a miniseries or a trilogy.
you’re not a fan because all the girls are gorgeous and half naked with guns?
All that surely has an effect, but that's not what I primarily remember or think about. Without the underlying story it'd be just another CGI-filled cartoon, but heavy subject matter and great selection of songs, montage, everything together makes it amazing. I don't like musicals, but love music in films - kinda contradictory... :facepalm:
So I'll hope Joker 2 is more like Sucker Punch, especially in its serious portrayal as you said, so it has an emotional impact.

If the dance scenes are in their imagination, that'll make sense for me, unlike all those people suddenly starting arranged choreographed dancing in Wonka. :rolleyes: Those kind of things pull me out of the movie...

Reactions: Flloydo
Not fan of Gaga but here she seemed ... good. Loved the trailer. Won't make me go like :

Screenshot 2024-04-10 145418.png

:naughty:

Loved the first Joker movie...
Not happy with the look of this if the trailer is anything to go by....

Come on cynical you. It does not look any/that much different than first one. Only maybe more musicalish.