Jurassic Park Trilogy (G1 Blu-ray SteelBook) (Future Shop Exclusive) [Canada]

RobertJoseph17

Premium Supporter
Jan 22, 2011
Illinois, United States
Jurassic Park Trilogy (Blu-ray Steelbook)

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/jurassic-park-ultimate-trilogy-future-shop-exclusive-steelbook-2011-blu-ray-blu-ray-disc/m2192440.aspx?path=b9eae938b6ca7dc4903b4962bb57d02aen02

Release date of October 25th, 2011.

jp.jpg

Thanks to Fan_of_Gaming from the BD Forums.

According to a Futureshop empoloyee who is quite credible, There will be a Futureshop exclusive for the Jurassic Park Trilogy.

Guess this makes up for the other copy getting canceled. Can't wait for this one! Will try and update more when more news comes out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously enough people buy G1 for them to be released on a regular basis. I don't get it but I guess it is what it is...

WoW!
What a shame that FS cancelled X-Men and announced a G1 for the 2nd biggest release of 2011.

It's too bad, but eh, I'll spend my money elsewhere. Too bad FS...

So now that Universal screwed up this "exclusive" release, what will be the preferred choice in pre-ordering this trilogy? UK Tin Case? Dutch Wooden Case?

If the UK release ends up being like BttF tin case, I would not be nearly as upset with learning that Future Shop will be G1. Epic Fail.

I don't know guys, I understand you are all upset that it's G1 size, but I'm remembering Hurt Locker and Sucker Punch...

G1, small print run, and lots of :drool:

Reactions: BluRayJunkie
Ap, yeah, folks are definitely making exceptions for G1's-I have on rare occasions, too. I am not sure that this will have a small run like Hurt Locker or Sucker Punch. But as a fan of Jurassic Park, this is a 100% fail for me.

I don't know...not a news flash, but had FS (or for that matter another retailer) had an exclusive "set" (no other retailer would have it) of G2 Steelbooks, with unique, embossed art, they could have easily sold them, even if the sequels were not as strong as the original, according to some. We would have loved the exclusivity. But sadly the studio calls the shots....

Last edited:
Shanester-as is sometimes the case, some other retailer may suddenly creep up with G2 versions. All part of the SB guessin' game ;)

Hey Old-yeah just wishful thinking on my part,as I really like JP, conceptually-still has that hollywood "wonder",for me. We have no info on other retailers releasing G2 Steels at this time, but it would be nice....

Shame on you , don't encourage them to continue this practise :drool::drool:

Ha, unfortunately you exaggerate my buying power. I would like to think that my purchase of one steelbook would impact the decision of Universal one way or the other, but it doesn't. ;)

We're also talking about the same studio that just did a huge G2 print run of Scarface worldwide. On smaller print runs, until there is a G2 capability for studios to get it printed cheaper in the USA or Mexico than in Denmark and import it, this is what we are stuck with, like it or not. :(

Ap, yeah, folks are definitely making exceptions for G1's-I have on rare occasions, too. I am not sure that this will have a small run like Hurt Locker or Sucker Punch. But as a fan of Jurassic Park, this is a 100% fail for me.

I don't know...not a news flash, but had FS (or for that matter another retailer) had an exclusive "set" (no other retailer would have it) of G2 Steelbooks, with unique, embossed art, they could have easily sold them, even if the sequels were not as strong as the original, according to some. We would have loved the exclusivity. But sadly the studio calls the shots....

I hear what you are saying DB, but if it was a big enough print run, say as Transformers 2 or something, it would have been G2.

No I agree, it won't truly be a minimum or tiny print run, I'm just saying that I think its funny now how many people jumped off the bandwagon.

But, if it is harder to get, everyone will be back on the bandwagon. :naughty:

Its not a criticism folks, its just an observation. :movie:

I will take a steelbook, no matter the size. Frankly, I'm just not into the plastic collectors set...I don't have the shelf space for all my steelbooks. :(

Hey Ap-yeah, I don't know if print run size, or the lack of access to G2 manufacturing (since it's for the NA market) played the deciding factor here (especially not if, for example, it also pops up at Best Buy USA). I used to love FS exclusives, but for me, personally, the final studio decision makers have dropped the ball on this regarding the size. Apparently some G1's are clearanced at FS, and the majority of people just don't care them, so it's sad to see more popping up for cost savings, or otherwise. I have no doubt that it ends up selling, because of the strength of the title, and anticipation of Jurrassic Park fans, and perhaps even a geographical restriction (who knows if any other retailer in another country will have it). Some have already said that they'd buy it because it's "better than nothing" but, as a collector, I personally can't get excited about a G1 for this:(

It's a no brainer for me to skip it considering other really cool collectible sets coming out for the trilogy like the UK tin, and the German wood box set. If this was going to be put out in a G2 jumbo, Universal would have gotten my $$ on a third set. Only going to be 2 sets now, and I'm ok with that :D