Killzone 2 Megathread - New DLC Coming (Map Pack 3!!!) - Patch As Well!!!!

Jan 29, 2009
k2.jpg

Killzone 2 is an upcoming science fiction first-person shooter for the PlayStation 3, currently in development by Guerrilla Games and to be published by Sony Computer Entertainment. It is the third installment in the Killzone franchise that began on the PlayStation 2 with Killzone and was continued with Killzone: Liberation on the PlayStation Portable. First announced at E3 2005 in Los Angeles, California,[5] Killzone 2 is due for release in February 2009.

Killzone 2 follows the events of Killzone and Killzone: Liberation, and will take place entirely on the planet Helghan, the home-world of the Helghast, who invaded an Interplanetary Strategic Alliance (ISA) colony. Two years after the Helghast assault on Vekta, the ISA has launched an assault on the enemy's home world of Helghan. The ISA goal is to capture the Helghast leader, Emperor Scolar Visari, and bring the Helghast war machine to a halt. Players assume the role of Sergeant Tomas "Sev" Sevchenko, a battle-hardened veteran of the special forces unit known as "The Legion", who go on a mission to take out the Helghast threat.

During the invasion of Helghan, Sev's unit is deployed behind enemy lines to assist the main invasion force. Tasked with securing the enemy capital of Pyrrhus, the team quickly discovers that the Helghast are a more formidable enemy on their home planet. Not only have they adjusted to Helghan's hostile conditions, they have also harnessed a source of power they can now use against the ISA - the very planet on which they live. A barren, unforgiving world, Helghan provides a ready defense with thick, acidic air, dust clouds, and violent surgical lightning storms. Sev discovers his squad is not just fighting enemy forces – their fiercest opponent may be the planet itself

OFFICIAL BOX ART: KILLZONE.COM
killzonebox.jpg

KILLZONE 2 SCREENSHOTS
killzone1.jpg

killzone3.jpg

killzone2.jpg

killzone6.jpg

killzone4.jpg

killzone5.jpg

killzone8.jpg

killzone7.jpg

killzone10.jpg

killzone9.jpg

killzone-2-20090129014059684_640w.jpg

killzone-2-20090129014106387_640w.jpg

killzone-2-20080901052325267_640w.jpg

killzone-2-20081209055117890_640w.jpg

killzone-2-20081209055122390_640w.jpg

killzone-2-20081203111753822_640w.jpg

80 GB EURO PACK
80gbpack.jpg

user_184_killzone2_banner_.jpg

Killzone 2 - Superbowl Commercial *Probably a spoof*
Click Here

Killzone Biography - Getting You Up To Speed Story Wise
Click Here

Killzone 2 - HD Video Blowout "The Weapons Of Killzone 2"
Click Here

Last edited:
i've fallen back in love with killzone in the past couple of days. all because of the "high precision" controls. the deadzone is tightened up and it plays great. it's no longer a chore to actually look down the sights to aim. and now that the airbots don't suck i'm actually starting to get those ribbons. i'm glad that killzone is now everything i wanted it to be.:scat:

Good to hear Tek! I'm gonna have to go online and give it a try. I'm really interested to give the controls another go to see if they are much better. That was my only problem with the game.

Idk, I kinda like the regular controls better. I got too used to it. I turned on high precision and I couldn't hit anybody LOL I going past them. I do like how both turrets were tweaked. Definitely seems like it helps out a lot more now.

The second Killzone 2 map pack, the Flash and Thunder map pack, is out today, adding re-designed versions of two fan favourites from Killzone 1.

The pack features Beach Head and Southern Hills maps, which are apparently "two of the best" arenas from the original Killzone - now completely remade for PS3.

Hello there PlayStation Blog! It’s good to be back. And it’s even better to be back with some exciting news for you guys. There is a new DLC pack incoming, called Napalm & Cordite. It has flames and bolts will fulfill the wishes of many of our weirdest fans. There will be more info on that next week, for now let’s focus on the patch.

3707137525_00a92b1826_o.jpg

3707947742_502c2d1e6c_o.jpg

As with any good DLC, it needs a great patch. We’ve been scouring the forums, stopping and interrogating you in the streets and using futuristic mind-reading technology* to find out what you wanted changed in Killzone 2 and have done our best to try and accommodate that with our patches. So it is time for the latest and greatest update to come to Killzone 2, imaginatively titled: Patch 1.28. (How we come up with these snappy names I’ll never know)

So without further ado, here is the official press-release with the list of new features and fixes for you to go through and discuss further. I’ll be hanging around the comments section for a wee while, so feel free to ask any questions you might have regarding the below, or anything Killzone related.

3707137633_0d9f8b496b_o.jpg

3707137373_43ac840ec1_o.jpg

Over and out. Seb “MotherH” Downie

*Futuristic technology comprising mainly of some rope, a hammer and some knee-caps.
On Tuesday, July 14th 2009 at 8AM Greenwich Mean Time, Guerrilla Games will release the 10th update for the visceral shooter, Killzone 2.

Patch 1.28 will be 91MB in size (316MB for Asian release) and will be released worldwide simultaneously pending a server update. There will be an anticipated server down-time of about 2 hours while the patch is rolled out and the server updates are completed and tested. The following fixes and features are included in this latest release:

• Feature - Code support for DLC pack III “Napalm & Cordite”. The update will enable players to create games with the newest maps “Suljeva Cliffside” and “Arctower Landing”
  • Feature - Code support for DLC to allow the additions of the Flamethrower and the Boltgun to multiplayer.
  • Trophies – New trophies added for DLC pack III “Napalm and Cordite”.
  • Feature - Detailed information screen when browsing games. Items displayed include: Friendly Fire, Faction Balancing, Custom Weapons and Custom Badges as well as the region, game size, selected maps and allowed Missions and Badges.

3707137857_dfb168f2e8_o.jpg

• Feature - Higher values for Bodycount mode. Players can now create games with 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 50, 100 and 200 points to increase the time of the mode for 32 player games.
  • Feature - Moderators can now create double-points events.
  • Fix for persistent squads now working correctly when users using separate Japanese accounts join Friends.
  • New loading screens.
  • Moderation – Additional powers and functionality for online moderators.
  • Fix for Clan Leader leaving his clan before an active Tournament of Clan Challenge.
  • Fix for score replication on different clients.
  • Fix for a Clan Challenge results displaying a won/lost games as a ‘Draw’.
  • Fix for incorrect Tournament timings being displayed for (semi)-final.
  • Fix for an empty message pop-up being displayed.
  • ‘High Precision Mode’ now defaulting when requested.
  • Fix for stuttering audio on the Asian version.
  • Fix for network error displayed when trying to log in with another users account.
  • Fix to reduce network traffic and improve performance.
  • Fix for occasionally being displayed an empty background when ‘Join Friend’ via Communications tab.
  • Exploit – Pyrrhus Rise map boundary fix.
  • Exploit – Radec Academy collision fix to prevent players being revived inside a pillar and using it to their advantage.
  • Cosmetic fix for Medic Gun visual effects.
  • Cosmetic fix for Search & Retrieve object being cloaked by the Scout.
  • Cosmetic fix for Scouts body remaining cloaked after being mortally wounded (i.e. headshot).
  • Gameplay – Damage from Sentry bots tweaked back on request of the community.
  • Collection of minor code fixes.
  • For the latest new content, news and all things Killzone, visit www.Killzone.com which will also reflect the changes made to the game such as being able to view Battle Replays of games played out on the new maps or being able to use the new settings to create Clan Challenges or Tournaments. Further features and fixes to www.Killzone.com include:
  • Feature - Tournaments - Full tournament functionality enabled once again.
  • Feature - Upcoming Tournaments are now displayed in a clan’s calendar.
  • Feature - Upcoming Tournaments are now displayed in My Killzone upcoming events.
  • Feature - Upcoming Tournaments are now displayed in clan communication center.
  • Feature - Tournament and Clan Challenge support for DLC Pack III “Napalm & Cordite”.
  • Feature - Additions of sounds in Battle Replays.
  • Feature - Additional animations in Battle Replays.
  • PlayStation®3 landing page updated.
  • Higher selectable Bodycount values when creating Tournaments or Clan Challenges via www.Killzone.com.
  • Various bug-fixes and minor updates.

Yeah, ditto. I need to really get back into it, but I heard that in one of the most recient patches, they removed the spawn invinciblility, which means that you have no protection when you respawn. Too bad this patch doesn't have this either.

yeah thats the only thing i didn`t like about the last update to many people now camp spawn points and put C4 on them so as soon as you spawn you die

BoltGun for me ... That flamethrower was weak in campaign, hopefully its more damaging in MP

Napalm & Cordite, the new downloadable content pack for Killzone 2, contains two exciting new multiplayer maps: Suljeva Cliffside, which takes place on the rocky outskirts of the Suljeva mining village; and Arctower Landing, which revisits the Arctower defense posts of Blood Meridian.

On top of that, the DLC pack allows you to wield a pair of weapons which were previously accessible only through the single player campaign!

Napalm: The VC1 Flamethrower
Found in the Suljeva Cliffside map, the VC1 Flamethrower projects an ignited stream of flammable liquid at high pressure. Consisting of low-octane gasoline and an unidentified component indigenous to Helghan, this form of Napalm is extremely effective for clearing out enemy trenches and bunkers.

Cordite: The Boltgun 4400
Also known as “The Handyman”, the semi-automatic Boltgun 4400 can be picked up in the Arctower Landing map. It uses Cordite to propel metal bolts at an extremely high velocity, often pinning its targets to walls and other objects. In addition, each round contains a time-delayed explosive charge – so if impalement doesn’t finish the target off, the ensuing explosion will.

Napalm & Cordite – an explosive cocktail
Both of these weapons radically alter the Killzone 2 multiplayer dynamic, delivering an experience that’s as fresh as it is intense. If you’re a veteran Killzone 2 online player looking to mix it up, or if you simply liked wielding these weapons in the single player campaign, Napalm & Cordite is your ticket. Look for it on the PlayStation Store July 23rd!

For more information visit Killzone.com.

Hey All!

It has been a exciting week at Guerrilla Games with the release of the third DLC map pack “Napalm & Cordite”, the release of patch 1.29, the latest update to www.killzone.com, the announcement of the “Map Pack Bundle” and the opening of “Our World” an art exhibition here in the Netherlands based around the visually creative process of making the Killzone 2 universe and those that inhabit it.

So to celebrate all this we have decided to give back to the folks who have supported us through thick and thin since the release of Killzone 2: You. The most attractive and charismatic fans any video-game can have. (Yes, flattery won’t get me anywhere) And what better way to thank ones loyal fans than with POINTS!

3751718791_4a3d31b57a.jpg

This weekend from Friday at 17:30 GMT till Monday morning at 09:00, any games created will give extra XP points to let you guys rank up quicker and unlock those Badges and climb up the Leaderboard.

That way you get more bang for your buck, more meat on your sandwich, more points for your prizes, more sauce on your fries, more … okay I think you get it.

3751718713_a6e147df9b.jpg

A Win will earn you a 2.5 multiplier and a Loss will still grant you the normal multiplier for a Win: 1.5. This applies only to individual points, not Clan Valor and will be available in all regions during this time.

We hope all those coming new to Killzone 2 and the veterans alike will take part in this celebration and make sure to keep an eye out for people with [GG] in front of their handles. We’ll be rocking the new DLC this weekend too.

3752510440_c4f8d0dfd3_m.jpg
3751718935_8226cdbb1b_m.jpg

3752662968_a097bed1c2_o.jpg

I'll be playing this weekend :D

+1

i have a wedding to go to right now, but ill be back on later tonight if people are still playing. i saw a handful of yall on right now so im hoping some still will be playing. if not ill catch up with everyone tomorrow.

next week ill finally be able to relax a bit and get back to some games!