Kingsman: The Secret Service (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchi Exclusive No. 22) [Korea]

Dec 2, 2014
UK, China
Release date: 13th of August, 2015
Purchase link:
Full Slip
Lenticular
(Pre-order 10:00AM 10th of July, 2015 Korea Time) You can use this time zone converter. Cancellation and unpaid orders go live at 2 PM, 18th of July (Korean Time)
Price: $34.99 SOLD OUT

Note:
Full Slip Version - no booklet (1000 copies)
Lenticular Version - no booklet (Total 1500 copies)

11698567_1750595668500976_8914404625616728738_n.jpg

11141138_1750595648500978_3798813140680948788_n.jpg
1513681_1751856085041601_1116662957646759661_n.jpg

11247963_1750595608500982_2431029305656581562_n.jpg
11210401_1751856045041605_9148038868932736533_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
if the earlier comment about no domestic allocation is correct and looks like it was a joint allocation reading again there facebook post and the timing of the pre order around 2.00 am european non friendly pre order time
Then guess could explain it.
maybe they didn't want to get burned again with loads of non sold copys ala The Raid,and others
small companys can only take so many hits on there capital ingoings ,got to keep cash flow coming in as well as going out.
odd the korean raid domestic not that interested
kingsman ..all over it ,just goes to show
they have just put a post up on there international facebook site,but its hard to make out out what its about with my korean being a bit rusty :whistle: and page translator not a big help
mentions kings something about 13th july, cancel deposits and TBA let you know about volume.
so hopefully if some of you missed out that may be a hope for you

Last edited:
Keep in mind folks:

2500 was the total print run for this as far as we know.

Based on past releases and observations + info given by Kimchi, they've always allocated a certain number for their local market in S.Korea. That number is not always disclosed/confirmed though (i.e. this instance).

This is after all a highly sought after title for a very successful movie with "some" goodies and regardless of their latest snaffus, Kimchi is still highly regarded in the collectors' community; so whether Kimchi is late to the party or not (it is btw), doesn't detract from the fact that there are:

- Completionists (be it of the Kimchi collection or simply collecting every single release of Kingsman) out there that will want this in their collection and not all of them post here.
- Collectors who missed out on the FA release. A simple look at the aforementioned threads (FA release and GB) is a clear indication of that.
- Resellers, which is perfectly normal in this hobby.

I'm not really surprised it sold out and I wouldn't be surprised either when they announce some re-stocking (it's happened many times before and it's perfectly normal) due to cancelations (order payments that didn't go through, people simply changing their mind, duplicate orders etc...).

I didn't go for it cos I'm satisfied with my decision to go with the FA release but for those that missed out, my advice is to subscribe to this thread by clicking (or tapping if you're on a touchscreen device) on "watch thread" at the upper right side of your browser window; and also a good idea would be subscribing to this price drops/back in stock/sold out thread to be notified as well since some of our members take the time to post about similar titles being back in stock there.

Good luck! :)

P.S.: They've actually posted on their Facebook page earlier that re-stocking cancelations will be on the 13th.

I'm not surprised this would have sold out fast even with european and lot of overseas collectors getting the Film Arena version

As already mentioned Kimchi releases print run is split domestic and overseas
A lot of the time that's will be a 50/50 split or similar
Sometimes if domestic allocation don't sell that well this stock is then made available to overseas customers on the day or later until its sold out

Usually on Kimchi website in the notice section the international (Overseas) print run is stated clearly but on this occasion its the overall print run that's been listed instead with no mention of the overseas allocation difference between domestic and international

If you took the print run as the average 50/50 split
FullSlip 1,000 would mean 500 Domestic and 500 international (overseas)
Lenti 1,500 would mean 750 Domestic and 750 international (overseas)

If the print run split was 50/50
International (Overseas) Print run would have been
500 Full
750 Lenti
That would always sell out fast regardless of Film Arena version been popular

They have listed on facebook re-stocking cancelations will be on the 13th and that most likely will be from both Domestic and Overseas stock
Unless there was a large amount of cancellations the amount of stock that will be made available on the 13th this will also sell out very fast

Overall print run of 2,500 is small if you look at previous releases were the overall print run is usually 4,000 and that then is split between domestic and international

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: MGD and IRON MAN
Makes you wonder though how The Raid is still in stock. This is Sold Out No Way. Keep ya eyes peeled. It`ll BE BACK ;)
You can't really compare this to the Raid. The Raid is an older release that isn't all that popular of a movie. Kingsman was really popular and released within a year. That makes it easier to sell. IMO the number of versions for the Raid at the same time contributed to it not selling out.

I have no doubt some additional copies will be made available but it will probably be unsold domestic stock. I doubt they just marked it as sold out to gain hype.

Wait some days. You don't know the amount for the international buyers. Maybe the unsold domestic stock will be available for international buyers. I didn't expect that. I just can say sorry to you.
No worries man. We both know that with a print run of 2500, it won't be that hard to hunt one down. Especially when other retailers like BF, and FA have exclusives as well. :)

@AlienKing It will be available again on the 13th.[emoji106]
Thanks, I shall wait until that day arrives :thumbs:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: harry and Hatori
Update from Kimchi Facebook:

International Customers

We are so sorry for late reply of the Kingsma`s request and so on...
Please wait ...We will send the e mail to you soon...
There are too many e mail to be sent you.

Sorry for your inconvenience.

Tony

Make of that what you will...