snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: August 18th, 2014
Purchase link: La Haine
Price: £17.99
Notes: WEA (World Exclusive Art), Limited to 2000 copies.

10945413-1397224073-351443.jpg

10945413-1397224073-351542.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:
sorry over priced for there ultra ultra limted releases just cos its 2000, £17.99 EEK!
personally would only maybe buy this one if was £9.99 and doubtful at that really. polt does not entice me in the slightest.
also the write up on zavvi is piss poor about the plot more of about how many french awards it got. Big bloody deal.

write up from imdb below make your own mind up and then decide if is worth money
I have put in spoilers for those that want to go in blind.

The film follows three young men and their time spent in the French suburban "ghetto," over a span of twenty-four hours. Vinz, a Jew, Saïd, an Arab, and Hubert, a black boxer, have grown up in these French suburbs where high levels of diversity coupled with the racist and oppressive police force have raised tensions to a critical breaking point. During the riots that took place a night before, a police officer lost his handgun in the ensuing madness, only to leave it for Vinz to find. Now, with a newfound means to gain the respect he deserves, Vinz vows to kill a cop if his friend Abdel dies in the hospital, due the beating he received while in police custody

basil :thumbs:

I double-dipped with pleasure.
Iconic film + Vincent Cassel + steelbook = What's not to love?

I will bag this one and go back to the Criterion for re-watching.
:p :p :p

sorry over priced for there ultra ultra limted releases just cos its 2000, £17.99 EEK!
personally would only maybe buy this one if was £9.99 and doubtful at that really. polt does not entice me in the slightest.
also the write up on zavvi is piss poor about the plot more of about how many french awards it got. Big bloody deal.

write up from imdb below make your own mind up and then decide if is worth money
I have put in spoilers for those that want to go in blind.

The film follows three young men and their time spent in the French suburban "ghetto," over a span of twenty-four hours. Vinz, a Jew, Saïd, an Arab, and Hubert, a black boxer, have grown up in these French suburbs where high levels of diversity coupled with the racist and oppressive police force have raised tensions to a critical breaking point. During the riots that took place a night before, a police officer lost his handgun in the ensuing madness, only to leave it for Vinz to find. Now, with a newfound means to gain the respect he deserves, Vinz vows to kill a cop if his friend Abdel dies in the hospital, due the beating he received while in police custody

I'm having a harder time with these £17.99 releases as they release more and more. I really like La Haine but I'd like it more if it was priced at £14.99 or less. They've got people who actually like these films over a barrel.

I'm having a harder time with these £17.99 releases as they release more and more. I really like La Haine but I'd like it more if it was priced at £14.99 or less. They've got people who actually like these films over a barrel.

The limited to 2k is good for some but to do it for every single one is a joke. But they are guaranteed sellers so zavvi wont stop anytime soon

Reactions: UpsetSmiley

well the reason for the 2000 is they know they would never sell 4000 but they are prepared to jack the price up and as long as people keep buying so it will go on.
only way to break the cycle is kick them where it hurts and leave them alone. my bet is in bit of time these will pour on the bay and prices will fall.
this really is worth no more than £14.99 truely at new.
time will tell but think people need to be a bit more savvi with zavvi and not pay over the odds on these ones that they try pushing as rarer than hens teeth, the finish on alot of these have not even been that good for the money.
some might even say mis-described but then when problems occur there have been a few of late, we all know what they have been. such as glossing.
anyway not to go over old spoken ground, i think people should hold off abit and give zavvi a little learning curve called we don't like being robbed.
maybe make them think on abit just a shame some don't have a bit more of backbone but sometimes you have to read between the lines of when some things are being pushed that little bit more than would seem necessary and i think the reasonably intelligent members here can work out which ones they are.

anyway hopefully people will learn with past experiences how this has been going the last couple of months, with zavvis description and actual recieved goods and can then go from there making a more informed choice from there own understanding and own point of view/need.

cheers

eBay is merely a dumping ground for these print runs. I know I mention eBay a lot, but it just confirms the real worth of these steelbooks. Wish they'd go back to standard print runs, the number '2000' just isn't special anymore. 2k print runs are almost contrived!

Reactions: RickB84 and terry44