La La Land (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 7) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: December 29, 2017
Purchase links: Lenti Slip - Full Slip - Special Box - One Click (Pre-order November 17, 2017 at 8 PM HKT, GMT+8)
Price: $48.99 (Lenti - Full Slip) - $54.99 (Special Box) - $152.97 (One Click)
Notes: Region A
Print Run is 2000 units for both Domestic and International. Limited to 2 Copies per Customer for each edition and 1 for One Click.
Full Slip: 200 Units
Lenti Slip: 300 Units
Special Box: 300 Units
One Click: 400 Sets (Includes all editions, Matching Numbers)
HDN Group Buy: Live at 2 PM tomorrow (Friday 3 November at 2 PM CST, Central time/US)

23130495_1558761787567257_3067312473449576367_n.jpg 23031709_1558761694233933_6758941504530821347_n.jpg 23031348_1558759534234149_375165741784518586_n.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sure they didn't want to. It's pretty clear that Lionsgate has been extraordinarily difficult for this entire release.

Yeah I know but still.
They went into a lot of detail about the issues a few months back to me but it don’t mean I still can’t be annoyed.

• Thanks
Reactions: dchamp444
Yeah I know but still.
They went into a lot of detail about the issues a few months back to me but it don’t mean I still can’t be annoyed.

For sure, it makes sense to be annoyed. Just remember that I'm sure Manta is just as frustrated, if not more, about everything around this release.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
For sure, it makes sense to be annoyed. Just remember that I'm sure Manta is just as frustrated, if not more, about everything around this release.

Yeah it’s been stressful for them

Same with edge of tomorrow but I’m glad they cancelled and didn’t release any old sh*t for it (which is the zeta design ;))

Bummer about the region locking AGAIN, but thankfully I already have the UK disc, so it's not really an issue for me this time.

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
Let's not forget that just because there's an "A" on the sleeve that it's region locked to "A" . . . for example, all of the US/Canadian imports that I buy invariably have an "A" on the sleeve but play just fine in my region "B" player . . .

Anyway, LA LA LAND steelbooks' regions?
Japan - Region Free
UK - Region "B" locked
US - Region "A" locked
ML - TBC (region "A" locked?)

So, ML using the US disc ?

US:-
upload_2017-11-4_4-13-40.png
upload_2017-11-4_4-15-4.png

ML:-
upload_2017-11-4_4-16-31.png

Last edited:
Manta has already apologized for producing a release of a film with a disc that was region locked (and they supposedly didn't know about it), it would be intolerable for this disc to be locked— Manta must know about this. Either they don't care, or they lied they said they wouldn't do region locked releases.

Btw, sometimes packaging showed "region A" locked, and the disc(s) turned out to be region free, that has happened on a few Korean releases.

Most of us ideally want to be able to play the movies we buy in these premium editions but realistically, we're not paying all this money for the movie as we can get it relatively cheap sourced locally. We're paying for the steelbook and the extras that come with it so all this complaining about region locked discs is abit of a mute point really

Most of us ideally want to be able to play the movies we buy in these premium editions but realistically, we're not paying all this money for the movie as we can get it relatively cheap sourced locally. We're paying for the steelbook and the extras that come with it so all this complaining about region locked discs is abit of a mute point really

Yeah not to mention many keep theirs sealed anyway.

A region free Blu-ray player can be purchased by spending a little less than the one click set.

I bought a Toshiba Region free player for £55 4 years ago and it has been working well for me so far. Another option is use MakeMKV to rip the Blu-ray and watch it.

A region free Blu-ray player can be purchased by spending a little less than the one click set.

I bought a Toshiba Region free player for £55 4 years ago and it has been working well for me so far. Another option is use MakeMKV to rip the Blu-ray and watch it.

Exactly. I got my LG region free player off Amazon about 6 years ago for £200 but they're dirt cheap today by comparison. I think people should consider themselves lucky to be able to have the region free discs included in these foreign releases when they are actually included instead of complaining when the odd one is actually locked