Digibook Labyrinth: 30th Anniversary Edition (Blu-ray Digibook) (Amazon.co.uk Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: September 19th, 2016
Purchase link: Labyrinth: 30th Anniversary Edition
Price: £10.99

81JO3-R7SSL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: PunkNinja
Are you keeping it buddy or sending it back?
I'm gonna keep it Harry. The cover is really nice. For the price I paid I would rather keep it for the artwork and leave the back sheet attached when I open it. It's a shame but it looks like they all have the same issue. What are you gonna do with yours mate?

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
I'm gonna keep it Harry. The cover is really nice. For the price I paid I would rather keep it for the artwork and leave the back sheet attached when I open it. It's a shame but it looks like they all have the same issue. What are you gonna do with yours mate?

Dont know, will have to wait and see when i get it.

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
I should have delivery today or on Friday
I have a lot of digibooks in my collection

Warner digibooks are the same info sheets attached with removable glue adhesives but they come of easily

I might leave it near some heat source or ask my new tenant can I borrow her hairdryer to soften the glue before attempting to remove the info sheet
I will try removing info sheet slowly and leave the glue on the back attached then roll the glue off

Received mine today from Amazon and the j card came off fine. I just rolled the glue off instead of pulling the j card off.
One tiny bubble on it but nothing major at all.
Good to know that they are not all that bad! Did you remove the data sheet then pull the glue off after.

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
Good to know that they are not all that bad! Did you remove the data sheet then pull the glue off after.

No I rolled the glue off with the data sheet still on by folding it up to the glue. Didn't want to Janice anything. Just to note it's always worth making sure the glue is soft but leaving the didi oil somewhere warm for a few minutes.

• Thanks
I just got delivery
I had no issues at all removing the jcard it came off very easily.

I did not even do anything major different compared to usual with my other digibooks just slowly remove the jcard
Just carefully and slowly remove the jcard from the bottom upwards
Most of the glue remains on the jcard and some on the digibook
Just roll off the remaining glue that is on both

I don't even have any bubble showing as some others mentioned

Others might have had issues due to pulling of the jcard card to quickly instead of slowing removing it

Last edited:
I honestly couldn't have removed the info sheet off any slower on mine (it literally took me about 5 mins), and I could see the back had already bubbled before the glue had even properly come off... I think it's just a case of whether you're lucky/unlucky enough as to whether you get a "damaged" copy or not.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: jim 80 and harry
I had this delivered today and I was extremely wary after reading about the glue issues on here.

Sure enough, I could feel big blobs of the stuff under the j-card right away. I started on just one glue point and peeled glacially slowly. At first I thought they may have changed the glue or something because it was very soft and pliable and showed no signs of any problem. I kept close to the point of peeling to minimise leverage and it was working perfectly; I was ready to stop and back off at the first sign of strain or bubbling. Then suddenly out of nowhere, the surface just ripped up.

I tackled the other three glue blobs by using a credit card to scrape the glue back (pushing it out rather than pulling it up, no matter how slowly). That worked absolutely fine and I'll probably use that method exclusively from now on when I have a jcard glued to a rough paper cover like this.

Annoyed that I managed to rip this despite being super-careful, but I think I'll be returning this copy and doing the credit card method on the replacement.