Latest Framed Posters & Art

roseart

everyrosehasitsthorn
Premium Supporter
Mar 20, 2012
Texas, US
I know we have the newly acquired thread, but with the cost of framing these bad boys it can take some time to get these framed. So, I thought I would start a thread to show what's the latest Posters & Art you've gotten framed and how you proudly display it.

:movie:​

Here are the latest I just got back. Note, the wife wants to paint first, so the "how you proudly display it" is not valid in these pics. ;)

attachment.php

Primus "Bass Concert Hall ATX 11/7/12" (Todd Slater) Wife and I went to this show last year. We plan on getting a shadow frame for the ticket stub to go underneath.

attachment.php

Django Unchained (205/250) (Mark Englert) - Gallery1988 "2013 Oscar"

attachment.php

The City of Lost Children (Variant) (Sig 04/70) (Ken Taylor) - Mondo

attachment.php

Transformers "Oversized Version" (Sig 162/225) (Tim Doyle) This actually turned into a gift for my brother in-law. Nice gift. ;)

Finally was able to pick these up from the gallery:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
I went with black suede matting and masterpiece glass!!!:LOL:

2ppc.jpg

AND NOW!!!!!

ig7o.jpg

And before you point it out, I know. That's how my studs were aligned! Although, I will probably use the Lannister spot for the red viper banner to continue the red theme.:thumbs:

Sweet!! :scat:

yo homie if what you mean by studs alligned is that your MoD could be a tad to the right then I got a TIP for you ....

I recently had to hang this Django , and its FREAKIN heavy! (has that real prop replica gun inside) ive found you can get this a your hardware store (or lowes or homedepot) i got mine at lowes.

I used the 50lb for the django but used 25 for scarface mondo (which is more than enough)

gorilla%2Bhook.JPG

best hanging invention ever .... right in the drywall (2 small holes) no need for studs.

Well, damn! That is awesome. I'll be heading to the hardware store today. Thanks :thumbs:

never store prints in tubes? OUCH

i've got a few bioshock lithos that have been in tubes for years...

i think i've missed the deal on the portfolio but if i had one, could i just put the straight from the tube into the portfolio or should i go the flatten out route first?

i think i've missed the deal on the portfolio but if i had one, could i just put the straight from the tube into the portfolio or should i go the flatten out route first?

yup, flatten them first. Since you have had them in tubes for years I suggest a bit more complex flattening process that will allow the fibres in the print paper to relax and then flatten....

- remove from tube and unroll

- lie print face down on a sheet of glassine or foam board (it will sit there kind of "humped", let it sit there, this will allow the fibres in the paper relax from the air around it).

- after a few days, when the paper is less stubborn, turn it over and place 4 small relatively light weights on each corner (weights vary on the roll of the print, usually dvd's/books etc). leave it for a few days like this again.

- Then remove the weights and sandwich it between two foam board pieces and place bulldog clips around the foam board and leave it for a few weeks like this.

- once flat, store with some kind of acid free protection around the print

^^^ thats what I found as the best process for flattening prints that have been stored in tubes for years.

that would be cool, maybe try and find a department store that's closing.

sale is still on until at least 8/8/13

Reactions: vonnie
I want to look for one of these in the UK, does it have to be anything special to protect the prints, or will a standard 24" x 36" portfolio suffice?

Yep, any help from a UK collector would be great. trying to find a decent one to house my posters and get rid of the old tubes cluttering up the room

I actually did a little bit of research and the Stein Design Picturesque Portfolio seems to be the only portfolio that features a binding with pages. Just a guess, but you could maybe get it shipped by a ninja for $100.

yeah, it ended on the 8th. You can still buy it from them for $200 or $100 when you buy their $60 membership. Than there's a different online store that's selling them for $150.

The one in the link is A1, so it won't fit the 24x36 posters, and there are quite a few of them.

any ideas of uk shops that would sell them?

i got 2 weeks off now and determined to clean my room!!

comic collection first, posters second!

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

how about this one bud?

here

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

and A0 sleeves here

25 for £158... man this is even worse than collecting steelbooks!