Latest & upcoming Record Releases

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Since most ninjas are more interested in Soundtracks/Scores I thought a Discussion Thread for the latest and upcoming releases of regular records would make sense!

Share your pre-orders you're excited about, re-issues you're looking for or share special editions we should know about!

Attachments

• comingsoon1.png
    comingsoon1.png
    82.8 KB · Views: 620
Reactions: spass and Noodles
If theres ninjas who like soul music theres a record you NEED to check out! Debut album by Durand Jones & the Indications.
First 1000 vinyl where blue colored and are sold out at most places. In 2-3 weeks a regular black vinyl will follow up.

Four music students who met when playing with their "old" bands and now finished university. Recorded directly to tape. The record got that old school soul to it. The horns, the drums and the soulful voice are such a blessing. There's possibility that we will never get a record again from them since they spread up in the US after finishing university. One member of the group works now for Numero Group btw. But we will see.

DURAND-JONES-the-indications.jpg

This will be released through Death Waltz Originals via Mondo on August 31, 2016 at 12PM (CST).

Using his knowledge of film scoring and his love of melodic modern electronica, Wojciech Golczewski has managed two create an absolutely flawless, beautiful synth record that soar above all others, creating the style of music at the moment. Fourteen tracks of dystopian decayed synth workouts that are both incredibly intricate yet moving and melodic. A truly immersive listening experience.
If you loved the Stranger Things score then this is definitely worth your time.

• Wojciech Golczewski - Reality Check LP.
  • Artwork by Marie Bergeron.
  • One-off pressing of 400 copies on 180g Coke Bottle Clear vinyl with green colour in colour and white splatter.
  • $20

fb19b4e8-6c16-418b-8350-f401c7ab51f5.jpg

------------

I really like the tunes. And I must confess I ADORE the cover artwork :drool::drool:
I did some research on the composer, he scored those movies: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3431129/

I think I'll go for this :oohyeah:

@Noodles @spass @Flloydo @martinouchou @Travis Bickle @comICS-soon @Sigill @TobinFrost

These distributed titles all will be released via Mondo on August 31, 2016 at 12PM (CST).
Just a note: Since they're "only" distributed they maybe also available at your local stores

9934929a-7671-459f-a7b0-d35bcee99069.jpg

• John Carpenter's Assault on Precinct 13 / The Fog
  • Released on Sacred Bones Records.
  • Music by John Carpenter.
  • $15
Sacred Bones Records present newly re-recorded versions of John Carpenter’s classic themes recorded by his brand new band. Pressed on black vinyl and housed inside a mirror board cover.

8b7e1063-82a8-42d0-83b9-7a3aaa4165ab.jpg

• John Carpenter's Halloween / Escape from New York
  • Released on Sacred Bones Records.
  • Music by John Carpenter.
  • $15
Sacred Bones Records present newly re-recorded versions of John Carpenter’s classic themes recorded by his brand new band. Pressed on Black vinyl and housed inside a Mirror board cover.

f60c2194-d2ff-401f-9596-f7b905e05b80.jpg

• Code Elektro - Wolf.
  • Released on Iceberg Records
  • $35
Alongside acts such as Perturbator, Code Elektro is at the forefront of the Nu Elektro scene that owes as much to ancient video games and 80s synth worship as it does to filthy techno such as Underground Resistance. Chock full of bubbling synths, banging beats and a baseline to rumble your speakers, Code Elektro prove that their debut record Superstrings was no one-off. We also have a limited number of the first record back in stock too for those that missed out!

This will be released through Death Waltz Originals via Mondo on August 30, 2016 at 12PM (CST).

Using his knowledge of film scoring and his love of melodic modern electronica, Wojciech Golczewski has managed two create an absolutely flawless, beautiful synth record that soar above all others, creating the style of music at the moment. Fourteen tracks of dystopian decayed synth workouts that are both incredibly intricate yet moving and melodic. A truly immersive listening experience.
If you loved the Stranger Things score then this is definitely worth your time.

• Wojciech Golczewski - Reality Check LP.
  • Artwork by Marie Bergeron.
  • One-off pressing of 400 copies on 180g Coke Bottle Clear vinyl with green colour in colour and white splatter.
  • $20

View attachment 261597

------------

I really like the tunes. And I must confess I ADORE the cover artwork :drool::drool:
I did some research on the composer, he scored those movies: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3431129/

I think I'll go for this :oohyeah:

@Noodles @spass @Flloydo @martinouchou @Travis Bickle @comICS-soon @Sigill @TobinFrost

Cheers bud! Can't say I've ever heard of this, but anything that's compared to Stranger Things is worth checking out in my book. :D

I just had a listen to the tracks on SoundCloud and definitely enjoyed what I heard... but I've spent far too much on vinyl these past few days, so I'm going to have to pass on this one unfortunately. :(

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
Thanks @dan8885, it definatly does have a Stranger things feel to it! I love that retro synth sound! The John Carpenter editions look good and are a decent price aswell! I have spent a lot recently though so will probably have to pass on these for now.

• Thanks
Real Gone is putting out another pressing of the Return Of The Living Dead soundtrack, featuring tracks from The Cramps, SSQ, The Flesh Eaters and more. The cult soundtrack favorite is being released on 600 copies of grey wax. Previous variants have been on”Blue With Blood Red Haze” and”Translucent Acid Green.”

Release: October 14, 2016
Price: 23,99 USD
Link: Amazon.com

51b8S12CceL.jpg

Can't watch it here but I watched it elsewhere already. It's ridiculous expensive though :(
Oh yes sorry didn't see it doesn't work here ! Yep especially the limited edition numbered to 1200 ^^ But I'm not interested since I have the original MK2 ^^ But yes they could have sold it for a little less.. A lot of people were expecting this new turntable, but a lot of them won't be able to buy it..

• Thanks
A couple big pop releases are getting exclusive variants through Urban Outfitters.

First up, Rihanna’s Anti, previously released digitally but now coming to wax, it’s a 2xLP set housed in a 6-panel, 3-pocket jacket on white vinyl
Buy here: http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=40912164&category=SEARCH+RESULTS

The next exclusive white variant belongs to Banks’ upcoming record, The Altar
Buy here: http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=40798464&category=SEARCH+RESULTS

• Helpful Post
Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
A couple big pop releases are getting exclusive variants through Urban Outfitters.

First up, Rihanna’s Anti, previously released digitally but now coming to wax, it’s a 2xLP set housed in a 6-panel, 3-pocket jacket on white vinyl
Buy here: http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=40912164&category=SEARCH+RESULTS

The next exclusive white variant belongs to Banks’ upcoming record, The Altar
Buy here: http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=40798464&category=SEARCH+RESULTS

You prob won't expect this but I'm a huge Rihanna fan!!! And I'm not afraid to admit it. I used to hate her but i got into her last 3 albums Before this one a couple of years back when I see her at a festival whilst I was waiting for Eminem and I just eneded up loving her lol

I think we found love was the turning point for me, love it

It's my guilty pleasure. Don't worry i get stick from my mates but I really don't give a **** lol

I'm going to keep an eye out for this. Wouldn't mind getting it but i can't really afford it this month at the moment. Plus this album isn't her greatest but it's not bad. Always loved that artwork though

You prob won't expect this but I'm a huge Rihanna fan!!! And I'm not afraid to admit it. I used to hate her but i got into her last 3 albums Before this one a couple of years back when I see her at a festival whilst I was waiting for Eminem and I just eneded up loving her lol

I think we found love was the turning point for me, love it

It's my guilty pleasure. Don't worry i get stick from my mates but I really don't give a **** lol

I'm going to keep an eye out for this. Wouldn't mind getting it but i can't really afford it this month at the moment. Plus this album isn't her greatest but it's not bad. Always loved that artwork though

I can't stand people who are making fun of other people's music taste. In the end it's a personal thing. Often you connect times, moments or people to songs. Or it is just the vibe you like.
My opinion is that people who are making fun of other music tastes are people who "just" listen to music. If you really love music you can connect to different genres, different artist and maybe you
don't like Rihanna but you can honest say that you see why people could like her. And if you can vibe to Rihanna I'm happy for you and everyone else. That's what counts.

And I like some Rihnanna songs too. "Good Girl Gone Bad" was a really strong pop record in my opinion.

So I'm glad my post helped at least someone here in that soundtrack driven vinyl community :thumbs:

I can't stand people who are making fun of other people's music taste. In the end it's a personal thing. Often you connect times, moments or people to songs. Or it is just the vibe you like.
My opinion is that people who are making fun of other music tastes are people who "just" listen to music. If you really love music you can connect to different genres, different artist and maybe you
don't like Rihanna but you can honest say that you see why people could like her. And if you can vibe to Rihanna I'm happy for you and everyone else. That's what counts.

And I like some Rihnanna songs too. "Good Girl Gone Bad" was a really strong pop record in my opinion.

So I'm glad my post helped at least someone here in that soundtrack driven vinyl community :thumbs:

Completely agree mate,

ive seen her live twice now, at that festival and took a mate as a wedding gift (I was best man and took both of them to gigs for gifts. I took her to Rihanna and him to he black keys - I thought it was a bit different and we had a great time)
Oh and she also came out with eminem to do a track later in the evening when he headlined which was cool.

I think were I also grew up on rap/ hip hop and R&B it helps plus I was getting back into it all around that time. And one of her more recent albums was a bit dance esque and house and I was getting into all that at the time.

I went backwards with her so I started on the most recent and went back towards the good girl gone bad etc. Is a great album. Love disturbia and Hovis verse on umbrella

Yeah cheers because I am really interested. But i might risk eBay or Amazon later down the line. Not sure what urban outfitters mark their packages as - I imagine they are honest lol

Wow it's nearly $70 including shipping from urban outfitters to the UK and that's without customs etc

Damn