Premium Supporter
Jan 9, 2012
Germany

Attachments

• lawless germany.jpg
    lawless germany.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 325
Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know everything about it yet but for example in the beginning of the movie when the pig gets a head shot you can only see the pistol in the us version. In the canadian cut you can see the pig....

Edit: A user wrote ( where I got the information about the cut version ) that this will be a media markt exclusive but I don't know if it's true. Honestly I don't think that because the koch media page has listet the amazon buy link....

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me what was left out of Play's cut version?
Lawless Exists in 2 Versions, the US is Censored

Prohibition Drama With Different Cuts

Sometimes, there are films that are released in alternate versions without anybody really noticing because there are no obvious signs. In 2010, the film Splice had significant differences between the British/American and German releases. The same goes for On the Road where there was no advertisement or announcement that there would be 2 versions.

One of our users has now brought to our attention that the film Lawless starring Tom Hardy, Shia LaBeouf and Jessica Chastain is such a case, as well. Here, the US and Canadian versions differ. We will cover the alterations in a comparison report as soon as possible but we can confirm that there are in fact differences with the color timing and alternate material. For example, there's a scene right at the beginning where a pig is shot in the head. While the Canadian version shows a close-up of the bullet impact, the US only shows the gun.

http://www.movie-censorship.com/

\\Edit: I think the UK version is uncut.

Reason 1: It's an Alliance/Momentum release. The Canadian version from Lawless is also from Alliance films.

Reason 2: I just tested the pig scene and the bullet-impact is cleary to see. :)

Don't know everything about it yet but for example in the beginning of the movie when the pig gets a head shot you can only see the pistol in the us version. In the canadian cut you can see the pig....

Edit: A user wrote ( where I got the information about the cut version ) that this will be a media markt exclusive but I don't know if it's true. Honestly I don't think that because the koch media page has listet the amazon buy link....
Nationwide release.

Last edited:
I think it's Koch media, from what I have seen they usually lock their discs.

Yes, Koch Media GmbH.

Darn. Not a biggy but its always nice to have region free discs. If this one turns out locked then both releases will end up being locked.

Either way this cover art kicks some serious a$$. Must buy. I hope they give it some debossing "Baytown Outlaw" style :naughty:

Yeah Jessica, yeah Jessica! :scat:

Glad to see you're on Jessica's train too - she's going to be one of the great actors of our time if not already. I already have all her "released" movies on Blu-ray and her talent is evident even earlier on. I hope she keeps it going and that more steelbooks of her movies are released.

Hey Ash-yes I loved her in "The Help" and then began familiarizing myself with other things she has done. I look forward to what's to come-she is emerging as a chameleon in terms of variance in characters chosen-a plus for most actors.

:::: Digitalbabe ::::

Staff/Community Manager
Hidefninja.com

From LV-426 on iPhone

Hey Ash-yes I loved her in "The Help" and then began familiarizing myself with other things she has done. I look forward to what's to come-she is emerging as a chameleon in terms of variance in characters chosen-a plus for most actors.

Yes a chameleon with tons of sensual grace and toughness :D

Back on topic - just in case Amazon fails to come through for the rest of the world, would a German member volunteer to run a group buy of this title? Please?

Reactions: alvinhwang21