Lawrence of Arabia - 60th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: June 13, 2022 - May 1, 2024 (Limited re-release)
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £29.99
Notes: 4 Discs

Lawrence of Arabia.jpg

Last edited:
Does that count for the german release too? It's 15 days away and still up for pre-order everywhere here.

I was thinking why this thread keeps getting new answers, but as I'm not interested in the title, wasn't reading, to avoid posting something stupid and offensive... :shipped:
I too bought a copy on US restock for a friend, guess that was a right decision.
Unless Germany does get its release, which ends up laying around for €15, all the while Americans will still buy their versions for $100 on eBay, just because...
There, I've said something offensive anyway. :naughty:

I was thinking why this thread keeps getting new answers, but as I'm not interested in the title, wasn't reading, to avoid posting something stupid and offensive... :shipped:
I too bought a copy on US restock for a friend, guess that was a right decision.
Unless Germany does get its release, which ends up laying around for €15, all the while Americans will still buy their versions for $100 on eBay, just because...
There, I've said something offensive anyway. :naughty:
Only if you're American, ,, so what, 340 million people? :rofl:

Hey I'm just glad Zavvi let us all know in advance so we could plan accordingly. The 8.27am email sent to people that had "bought" the cancelled steelbook before was a carefully considered and measured way of launching this product @9am. Kudos to the team @ Zavvi for understanding that a 33 minute window was all anyone needs in life to prepare for anything.
Screenshot_20240424_100227_Gmail.jpg

Managed to grab one 10 mins ago before it 'Sold Out', now fingers crossed I don't get that PAYMENT PROBLEM message as almost every order in the last month has been getting, zavvi need to get their sh!te together....and no, the we're in a transitioning period excuse ain't good enough..

Thinking about it now, should've used PP....:facepalm:

Hey I'm just glad Zavvi let us all know in advance so we could plan accordingly. The 8.27am email sent to people that had "bought" the cancelled steelbook before was a carefully considered and measured way of launching this product @9am. Kudos to the team @ Zavvi for understanding that a 33 minute window was all anyone needs in life to prepare for anything.View attachment 576707
I wondered why my email arrived at 9.15, mine was cancelled by HMV.
So previous Zavvi Lawrence of Arabia buyers got a heads up before the general notification?
That's actually pretty mature and decent of them for a change.

I wondered why my email arrived at 9.15, mine was cancelled by HMV.
So previous Zavvi Lawrence of Arabia buyers got a heads up before the general notification?
That's actually pretty mature and decent of them for a change.
It is tbf... perhaps send them out the evening before though as that's peak work time for many.

Reactions: TheWildEye
So when they re-released the Lawrence of Arabia steelbook but announced it was cancelled did the UK actually get some but they were just a woefully small number?

I'm trying to understand why Zavvi is listing a small batch now (given how quickly it sold out that's what 50-200 max?) and back in February another retailer on eBay listed a bunch of UK copies but yanked them after selling only 12 copies.