Lights and Sound FuturePak Feedback

Would you purchase a Futurepak with lights and sound?

• Yes

Votes: 23 76.7%
  • No

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters
Aug 16, 2012
Midlands UK
Anyone seen this?

These things are going to get mental!

I guess this is what the Amazon listing for Godzilla means when it says you will hear Godzillas iconic roar?!

Attachments

• LightSounds.jpg
    LightSounds.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 204
Last edited by a moderator:
Really hope they pull of the embossing on both the front exterior and interior on Captain America that's show on the video

That would be insane!

A new concept coming from the makers of FuturePak with a light sensor that once opened, plays music/sounds appropriate for the product. This gets rid of the need to have a button on the case.

Video was send exclusively to HDN from Novobox -

Reactions: oselallo and tridon
That HTTYD2 is gorgeous, but I wouldn't like it to play sounds on its own whenever I opened it. I like the button concept better. My wife often goes to bed before me, so it would suck if my movie cases were singing when I went to grab a disc for another room. :p

Reactions: cooey
A new concept coming from the makers of FuturePak with a light sensor that once opened, plays music/sounds appropriate for the product. This gets rid of the need to have a button on the case.

Video was send exclusively to HDN from Novobox -

I need this you have no idea! A kickin' HTTYD2 futurepac with sounds, maybe have toothless' month light up IDK, but it's beautiful look as it is! Make it so! Please.

Not a fan of the automatic sound tbh. Ruins the inside a little bit in looks and maybe a bit tacky? The Godzilla roar is cool but i wouldnt be interested in music or multiple quotes etc - just my opinion!

Reactions: earthscope
Really neat idea, but what happens if/when the battery runs out... batteries aren't usually too cheap, and will it be easy to replace? Also, if the sound and lights feature bumps the price up, then I'd rather them not have it to be honest. I'm sure others would be more than happy to pay a little extra for such a cool feature though! :)

Reactions: justboy
Really neat idea, but what happens if/when the battery runs out... batteries aren't usually too cheap, and will it be easy to replace? Also, if the sound and lights feature bumps the price up, then I'd rather them not have it to be honest. I'm sure others would be more than happy to pay a little extra for such a cool feature though! :)

I am sure the batteries are easy to replace. No biggie like how you replace battery operated toys. No need to be a genius to replace batteries.

I am sure the batteries are easy to replace. No biggie like how you replace battery operated toys. No need to be a genius to replace batteries.
Except these aren't toys that will be played with on a regular basis, so they probably expect the battery life to be a lot longer in this case and may see no need for them to be replaced, and that's the main reason I asked... because with the few VHS tapes I had that played music there was no way to replace the batteries since they were hidden behind the plastic casing. Same goes for some of the old Goosebumps books I had with flashing lights and sounds too... the batteries were built into the front cover with no way of accessing them, and years later neither the tapes or books work anymore. Obviously you'd need some sort of compartment that's easy to access to be able to replace them if/when the times comes.

That's my only concern with this concept. Somewhere down the line the battery will fail and with it a cool feature.
If they had the option to replace the battery then that would tempt me, but having a removable battery would probably complicate the manufacturing process.

Reactions: Noodles