Lone Survivor (4K Blu-ray SteelBook) (Astro Creations Exclusive 001) [UK]

Miffed

Ginger Ninja
Premium Supporter
Jun 5, 2013
Guildford, England
Release date: April 2024
Purchase links: Slim Slip Edition - XL Slip Edition (Pre-order on November 24, at 8 PM - GMT)
Price: £24.99 (Slim Slip Edition) - £44.99 (XL Slip Edition)
Notes: WEA SteelBook, 3K Print Run - Numbered Slim Slip Edition limited to 1200 - XL Slip Edition limited to 1800

380739115_878609903792567_4542752893804772421_n.jpg 384557611_349943481049141_6897853089237001952_n.jpgFB_IMG_1700481021178.jpg
384573667_990990995325618_3992189068536960081_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Coming soon a brand new UK retail line, Astro Creations.

This is being produced by someone who started out making custom SteelBooks as a hobby and now does it full time. This will be his first full official retail release though, and not a custom product. Photos and a support statement below.

I really hope this does well and we get to see further releases from him. The guy really is very passionate about movies, SteelBooks, and his standards and expectations are very high.

This is going to be sold direct and will ship worldwide.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting this and good luck to Dan on his endeavour. I am particularly excited to see what films he gets licenses for given his aim to provide releases of films that that are not being looked at by the bigger players. Even more so given the current over-saturation of releases in the superhero genre.

At £24.99 for the slim version it would seem rude not to support him and see how he develops the line.

im-out.gif

No, seriously, I wish the guy success and will probably try his first release to support him and see the quality.

But Im not so keen on this first film pick lol....but ok.

Prices seem to be reasonable.

Only Im not sure about this "One man show" approach, hopefully it wont be another Cinemuseum version 2.0 xD

Really wonder for how long the one guy can carefully pack and ship 1800 packages :dead: :rofl:

But, as I said, appreciate the effort and wish good luck!

Hmm. I also wish him luck and as whole the package looks fine but the artwork on the steel and slip don’t do it for me unfortunately. Plus the film isn’t worth this kind of edition imo. It’s a decent film but be more interested to see what he’s got planned.

Maybe my mind will change on in hand shots. And as I said curious to see what comes after

No, seriously, I wish the guy success and will probably try his first release to support him and see the quality.

But Im not so keen on this first film pick lol....but ok.

Prices seem to be reasonable.

I don't know for certain but I think as it was first release he had less option to choose what he wanted than would have liked to had to settle for a balance between studio and personal preference, plus I do think it has had no 4k UK steelbook release so its good to see a new option not a rehash of those already out there.

Hmm. I also wish him luck and as whole the package looks fine but the artwork on the steel and slip don’t do it for me unfortunately. Plus the film isn’t worth this kind of edition imo. It’s a decent film but be more interested to see what he’s got planned.

Maybe my mind will change on in hand shots. And as I said curious to see what comes after
To be fair to him, the film choice and approved designs are excellent given the options and material made available. It all actually looks rather good imo, particularly given there's f>ck all approved art for the film.

The best poster is on the Nova steel, and isn't actually available to license via Universal, so that was that out. He's had to reach out to individual artists for both slip designs, which again you are restricted by what's out there, but I appreciate actual "art" like that is subject to personal taste.

I like the steel myself, and it's easily the best art out of the available pot. I may be a touch biased there though, as I had a hand in design tips and tweaks for it lol

It wouldn't have been my first choice, but I like the slim slip art too. His slim slips are fantastic quality currently, so retail should be a step above, and it's a knockout at £25 shipped. £45 for the chucky boy is competitive as well tbh.

I don't know for certain but I think as it was first release he had less option to choose what he wanted than would have liked to had to settle for a balance between studio and personal preference, plus I do think it has had no 4k UK steelbook release so its good to see a new option not a rehash of those already out there.
You're not too far off the mark with some of that. Lone Survivor was easily the best choice from the list made available by Universal at the start of the process. Trust me on that, I read through the lot lol Plus it has a decent following, a big star attached, only one very old premium, and no 4K steel release.

How do u even go about getting approval and getting licensed to be able to do this stuff from the studios the films come from?
It's just one guy? i guess you gotta start somewhere, i'm just intrigued to know how this works.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
To be fair to him, the film choice and approved designs are excellent given the options and material made available. It all actually looks rather good imo, particularly given there's f>ck all approved art for the film.

Well that’s irrelevant and subjective because I don’t like the art used that much (could change on clearer and in hand shots like I said) and I don’t know what else there was to choose from in terms of art and other films so you can’t really say “trust me” lol

And I’ve stated clearly I like the idea and look of the set as a whole
The best poster is on the Nova steel, and isn't actually available to license via Universal, so that was that out. He's had to reach out to individual artists for both slip designs, which again you are restricted by what's out there, but I appreciate actual "art" like that is subject to personal taste.

I like the steel myself, and it's easily the best art out of the available pot. I may be a touch biased there though, as I had a hand in design tips and tweaks for it lol

It wouldn't have been my first choice, but I like the slim slip art too. His slim slips are fantastic quality currently, so retail should be a step above, and it's a knockout at £25 shipped. £45 for the chucky boy is competitive as well tbh.

Well that’s irrelevant and subjective because I don’t like the art used that much (could change on clearer and in hand shots like I said) and I don’t know what else there was to choose from in terms of art and other films so you can’t really say “trust me” lol

And I’ve stated clearly I like the idea and look of the set as a whole
I'm not attacking you mate haha jeez. I'm just chatting.. saying particularly given with what he had to work with, I think it's good. Appreciate that's just my opinion.

I did literally say the slip art is subjective though, anything by individual artists usually is. It's better than any of the official universal art anyway, IMO, even if it's not all fully to my taste.

I know you don't know what other choices there were, but seeing as I do, all I can say is "trust me".. I'm not about to go sharing specifics on someone elses business am I :facepalm:

How do u even go about getting approval and getting licensed to be able to do this stuff from the studios the films come from?
It's just one guy? i guess you gotta start somewhere, i'm just intrigued to know how this works.
It helped that he had his own thing going already I'm sure, but you just need to reach out, see what's available (if anything), and have the captial and operations to fund/facilitate it.

It's not gonna be easy for sure, but I think it's awesome he's made the bold move to go ahead with it. Great to see a collector living the dream I'm sure many of us would love to do.

To be clear it’s the white slip that I thinks poor along with the steel art. The other slip with the kind of pastel paint art is decent.

So we supposed to know who this Dan is or are people just trying to brag that they know someone from IG or Twitter because they liked a few photos and he replied to the odd comment and think they are in the know of everything? Lol

It helped that he had his own thing going already I'm sure, but you just need to reach out, see what's available (if anything), and have the captial and operations to fund/facilitate it.

It's not gonna be easy for sure, but I think it's awesome he's made the bold move to go ahead with it. Great to see a collector living the dream I'm sure many of us would love to do.
yeh its definately cool, agree with the other poster though, 3000 units could be hard to achieve.
Everythingblu never went anywhere near those numbers, was 500-800 pretty much.

To be clear it’s the white slip that I thinks poor along with the steel art. The other slip with the kind of pastel paint art is decent.

So we supposed to know who this Dan is or are people just trying to brag that they know someone from IG or Twitter because they liked a few photos and he replied to the odd comment and think they are in the know of everything? Lol
That would be my initial concern, how do you trust the source to start with.

Reactions: milky and Flloydo