Lone Survivor (4K Blu-ray SteelBook) (Astro Creations Exclusive 001) [UK]

Miffed

Ginger Ninja
Premium Supporter
Jun 5, 2013
Guildford, England
Release date: April 2024
Purchase links: Slim Slip Edition - XL Slip Edition (Pre-order on November 24, at 8 PM - GMT)
Price: £24.99 (Slim Slip Edition) - £44.99 (XL Slip Edition)
Notes: WEA SteelBook, 3K Print Run - Numbered Slim Slip Edition limited to 1200 - XL Slip Edition limited to 1800

380739115_878609903792567_4542752893804772421_n.jpg 384557611_349943481049141_6897853089237001952_n.jpgFB_IMG_1700481021178.jpg
384573667_990990995325618_3992189068536960081_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Flloydo's PC:
Computer Pc GIF by Squirrel Monkey
I can never use the see more option to links from Facebook on my iPhone. But I can access the other link that sam provided. No idea why. Sometimes I can’t scroll across on IG posts that are linked here and sometimes I can

The fact these aren’t being sold through retailers already puts me off. One of the things I didn’t like about EB too

The fact these aren’t being sold through retailers already puts me off. One of the things I didn’t like about EB too
Really, how come? I get the whole order security and CS aspect, but that's about it imo. We all had to order from every other independent steelbook retailer for the first time too.. kimchi, weet, nova, manta etc.. were all nobody's at one point that we had to trust. I mean there may be scope for GBs, probably only for international buyers, but again then that's the same as every other retailer when they started out.

Really, how come? I get the whole order security and CS aspect, but that's about it imo. We all had to order from every other independent steelbook retailer for the first time too.. kimchi, weet, nova, manta etc.. were all nobody's at one point that we had to trust. I mean there may be scope for GBs, probably only for international buyers, but again then that's the same as every other retailer when they started out.
So different when it’s from another retailer from another country. Screams bootleg this way in the U.K. not saying it is, but comes across this way to me. Plus nova and kimchi were selling other releases at the time. Cine museum is the only foreign retailer (to me, a Brit) that seemed bootleg. Which...... well..... still up for debate with that guys antics and shenanigans

You gona be replying to everyone in here to every message because you think you’re their spokesperson? Or can I post sh!t without you commenting on every single thing? Because this will get tiresome quickly

So different when it’s from another retailer from another country. Screams bootleg this way in the U.K. not saying it is, but comes across this way to me. Plus nova and kimchi were selling other releases at the time. Cine museum is the only foreign retailer (to me, a Brit) that seemed bootleg. Which...... well..... still up for debate with that guys antics and shenanigans

You gona be replying to everyone in here to every message because you think your their spokesperson? Or can I post sh!t without you commenting on every single thing? Because this will get tiresome quickly
Fair, hasn't stopped people ordering from CM mind you, but I get your point. No I don't lol crack on, comment away. I'll leave ya be. I just wanted to do this justice, lay down the reality of it, and not let speculation run away with itself.

Fair, hasn't stopped people ordering from CM mind you, but I get your point. No I don't lol crack on, comment away. I'll leave ya be. I just wanted to do this justice, lay down the reality of it, and not let speculation run away with itself.
Good luck to the guy. He’s doing what we all want to do. Just hope down the line it’s a better film with better art that I can personally support

If he’s got a contract with universal then it’s gona be the same ole sh!t we constantly get releases of. Even my favourite film Jurassic park, bet they tried to push that on him. Although done well I would buy. As contradicting as that sounds

Reactions: samdavies

You gona be replying to everyone in here to every message because you think your their spokesperson? Or can I post sh!t without you commenting on every single thing? Because this will get tiresome quickly
Hi,

I appreciate your concerns with not being sold directly via a retailer.

The reason for this is due to the below..

As a collector myself I'm sick and tired of doing returns for damaged stock that's sent out in terrible packaging and for that reason zavvi were off the cards before I even considered a retailer.

Amazon are a close second but there is an Ave with them i can explore where as I can still ship the item myself.

Hmv being the final retailer, upon my enquiry there is a charge for stock sat in stores, If I can reach an agreement with them later down the line to do a website exclusive, then that would absolutely be something I'm interested in.

I want full control (at least for the first release) of every package that leaves my unit. In over 5000 customs I've yet had a single return due to packaging issues/damages.

On a seperate note.

Ive just had a flick through the comments and I really appreciate the support some are showing without even knowing or dealing with me before, it really means a lot.

As for the choice of title.

It wouldn't of been my initial desire to produce a premium package for LS.
This was a pipe dream for me that started to really take fruition from hard work I've put into building my current custom sets and steels, I had to pursue it even it it meant it didn't set the world a light. I'd have kicked myself for not rolling with this opportunity, life has taught me over the last 40 years sometimes you need to take a risk to get the reward, sometimes that pays off sometimes it doesn't, I hope this is the former!

Any questions or concerns you may have or if you just want a general chat about all things steelbooks, feel free to reach out, more then happy to discuss.

One of my main "missions" with this venture is to bring affordable premium editions to the UK market, created in the UK, with customer service and shipping being right up there as a priority for me.

Thanks again everyone for your kind comments and support, I really hope if you order you will love the final product, I do!

Dan

I hope they succeed and put out a lot of quality editions. This first one looks nice. I would never purchase this particular movie, but it’s refreshing to see that it’s not another Marvel rehash.

Anyway, it’s great to have a new player in the game.

Long and short of it is he was never going to get Back to the Future Trilogy on his first set and if it's not supported and he is left with thousands of copies to shift, I don't think there would be a 2nd, better title.

I've never seen the film, so for £24.99 it's ok for me, trailer looks ok, i'm not into those sorts of macho films normally but cast is decent, Eric Bannana is usually good in films. Quite a funny story on this film though, Mr. Chinny (Dan Bilzerian, professional bullshit artist) loaned the production company some money in exchange for appearing in the film, and then they cut most of his scenes, so I'd buy it just for that because it's funny af. :')

Only Im not sure about this "One man show" approach, hopefully it wont be another Cinemuseum version 2.0 xD

I think he said before he has someone helping him do some of the more repetitive tasks, but it will for sure be a lot of work, wish him luck! I wouldn't compare it to ****** Museum, for one he has actually licensed this, and named the artists rather than just download it from Google Images and hit print.

To be clear it’s the white slip that I thinks poor along with the steel art. The other slip with the kind of pastel paint art is decent.

So we supposed to know who this Dan is or are people just trying to brag that they know someone from IG or Twitter because they liked a few photos and he replied to the odd comment and think they are in the know of everything? Lol
Do you live up your own arse or just on vacation there?

That would be my initial concern, how do you trust the source to start with.

It is quite easy to tell it is official because I doubt Scanavo are out there making Steelbooks for unlicensed releases, especially with Studio labels printed all over it. As good as customs can be, you can clearly see the print is different from Scanavo and customs. If it was WWA and you didn't know the background of this release, you might have more reason to be suspicious but WEA, no chance it is not licensed.

Astro Creations is also a bit of a laughable name. So without reading that people who know who this is I’d think it’s a proper shifty bootleg release. So I assume retailers like zavvi etc will be selling it so it will be legit.
But then what’s a name? What the f**k does Manta Lab mean? Sounds just as silly :LOL:
That would be the only thing I would personally have done different, picked a different name to separate it fully from the unofficial stuff he does, but I guess he already has a following in FB groups on that name so makes it easier to keep it. But ultimately who cares, nobody is out there buying a premium for the logo, this isn't Rolex.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Having bought a lot of the mans work I can attest to its great quality. Yes, people will need to be patient as he is doing all he can considering in the main he is a one man band. However to compare him to those jokers at cinemuseum without having even bought from him is just ludicrous.

He's done some fine unofficial custom packages in the past, namely for the lost boy's, bloodsport and demolition man, all work of the highest quality. He gave up his job to do this full time, It's his passion.

I think everyone should give him a fair go before writing him off as being some sort of bootleg dealing shyster. You won't regret it.

I missed some beautiful steelbooks with John Cordero art, like Die Hard and Demolition Man!
I'd love to buy those if he'll be able to make more later...

To be clear it’s the white slip that I thinks poor along with the steel art. The other slip with the kind of pastel paint art is decent.

So we supposed to know who this Dan is or are people just trying to brag that they know someone from IG or Twitter because they liked a few photos and he replied to the odd comment and think they are in the know of everything? Lol
Alot of people won't know him of course. Some will especially in certain social media circles in the UK.
I've met him several times and I have several of his custom steelbooks.
One of the main reasons I posted was to increase knowledge of him and his product. I've been really impressed with how he's left a good job and started this business up and hope he does well so wanted to help by posting.

Long and short of it is he was never going to get Back to the Future Trilogy on his first set and if it's not supported and he is left with thousands of copies to shift, I don't think there would be a 2nd, better title.

I've never seen the film, so for £24.99 it's ok for me, trailer looks ok, i'm not into those sorts of macho films normally but cast is decent, Eric Bannana is usually good in films. Quite a funny story on this film though, Mr. Chinny (Dan Bilzerian, professional bullshit artist) loaned the production company some money in exchange for appearing in the film, and then they cut most of his scenes, so I'd buy it just for that because it's funny af. :')

I think he said before he has someone helping him do some of the more repetitive tasks, but it will for sure be a lot of work, wish him luck! I wouldn't compare it to ****** Museum, for one he has actually licensed this, and named the artists rather than just download it from Google Images and hit print.

Do you live up your own arse or just on vacation there?
What? Sorry but how can you get angry at that comment but then try to be normal with me about the name change? Weird

It’s as if you’ve taken the comment about knowing him because you only know him over social media lol. Which is an odd thing to take personally :rofl:

And not doing the back to the future trilogy is probably a good thing tbh.
It is quite easy to tell it is official because I doubt Scanavo are out there making Steelbooks for unlicensed releases, especially with Studio labels printed all over it. As good as customs can be, you can clearly see the print is different from Scanavo and customs. If it was WWA and you didn't know the background of this release, you might have more reason to be suspicious but WEA, no chance it is not licensed.

That would be the only thing I would personally have done different, picked a different name to separate it fully from the unofficial stuff he does, but I guess he already has a following in FB groups on that name so makes it easier to keep it. But ultimately who cares, nobody is out there buying a premium for the logo, this isn't Rolex.