Attachments

• 81VI1ys-f1L._SL1069_.jpg
    81VI1ys-f1L._SL1069_.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 239
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 256
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know whether this has already been asked/answered ... but what about the other 2 LOTR films?

I only bought this expecting the whole trilogy to be released that way. But there's no sign of the other 2. Any info?

interested to here this as well, got a funny feeling that they will release them like this, smaug extended then 2 towers jumbo, hobbit 3 then return of the king jumbo to maximise interest and to drag it out a bit also

Reactions: psychoscot
interested to here this as well, got a funny feeling that they will release them like this, smaug extended then 2 towers jumbo, hobbit 3 then return of the king jumbo to maximise interest and to drag it out a bit also

I hope not!

If they wanted maximum profit they would have released them together. Brits have no patience, It's why Lucasfilm always did boxsets, they made vastly more money than if selling separately. If these are spaced out more than a few months being a catalogue release, buyers will get fed up and buy the boxset.

The Hobbit was close to selling out just after release, but this is far from it.

They need to get the other 2 out within the next 3 months or they will loose profit.

I'm not so sure. Even if the second one isn't released until next year, the first one will undoubtedly sell out once the second is released. Could be quite a nice/desirable set if it takes some time to complete.

In fairness the majority of people buying these will have seen them all and probably have (or have had) the trilogy at some stage anyway. I know it's hard to predict but I'll stick with this one and hope for a 2nd/3rd eventually, with no real urgency. LOTR stuff is always desirable from a collector's point of view. Even the jumbo extended Hobbit is close to being sold out (if not already) with several retailers. Zavvi dropped the price recently, but I can't imagine they've many left. It was OOS for quite some time.

We'll see though. I'm very happy I got this for £14 regardless. Worth it in my opinion.

Wow, that would be one of the worst ideas I've ever heard ... not that I don't think Warner would be capable of it, but ... jeesh ;)

Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
It's the most likely, in my opinion. But until we get a release announcement by Warner, we won't know for sure. I just hope they move already!

Any news, whatsoever, about Two Towers? This is starting to get silly

I would say it would probably come out around the fall when they release Desolation of Smaug Extended Edition, or next spring around the same time this was released this spring. I am hoping for the former.

I think the same, but find it odd not to have any release info at this point, specially in the case of this coming out when Smaug's EE

Wow, we're going into July and still no word on TTT!!!!! Altough there's still no word on EE of Desolation of Smaug, sure, but man.... I'm getting really impatient on this!

LOTR: FOTR was announced November 2013. I reckon LOTR: TTT will be announced in November 2014.

I really do think they're going to stagger all the releases.

Reckon any chance of adding 3d to them

Don't think these can even be converted to 3D as mentioned with The Hobbit,the camera tricks done with forced perspective couldn't be translated to 3D as they inmidiately gave the trick away.

I was certainly hoping for a shorter window, but ONE YEAR BETWEEN RELEASES? I mean, these films have 12 years in the case of TTT. Was hoping for part to to come out by the time EE of Desolation of Smaug came along and ROTK to come up with theatrical of BOTFA. Now that's the commercial way to go, not one year between releases!

Literally Just bought this on Zavvi for £17.95. Happy with that price and it's about damn time i got my LOTR collection up and running. always ummed and arred in the past getting the massive extended collection and never got round to it but i thought sod it i'll dip into it now. Happy days.

Reactions: roo
Literally Just bought this on Zavvi for £17.95. Happy with that price and it's about damn time i got my LOTR collection up and running. always ummed and arred in the past getting the massive extended collection and never got round to it but i thought sod it i'll dip into it now. Happy days.

Hopefully your copy of this arrives undamaged. They usually ship these in a plain thin cloth mailer without any padding.

They've given themselves a problem in terms of the artwork. By just sticking a picture of the ring on the front, it's gonna look out of place if the other two have proper poster style art. Alternatively ALL THREE could just have a picture of the ring :rolleyes: