Attachments

• 81VI1ys-f1L._SL1069_.jpg
    81VI1ys-f1L._SL1069_.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 239
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 256
Last edited by a moderator:
They've given themselves a problem in terms of the artwork. By just sticking a picture of the ring on the front, it's gonna look out of place if the other two have proper poster style art. Alternatively ALL THREE could just have a picture of the ring :rolleyes:
There are actually amarays out there of the trilogy that has a picture of the ring on each one. The difference between them is a different coloured background. The steelbooks will likely do the same thing.

They've given themselves a problem in terms of the artwork. By just sticking a picture of the ring on the front, it's gonna look out of place if the other two have proper poster style art. Alternatively ALL THREE could just have a picture of the ring :rolleyes:
99.9% sure they will all end up looking like this
LOTR.jpg

I like the simple look this has. I had the complete set of extended editions on DVD that looked like this as well as the other two, I'm glad to be able to finally get these on Blu-Ray finally. I really enjoy mine and can't wait until the other two are released. :)

@Flash @jukka

Just wait untill the Santa Season . My money is on super delux sets .

The anoying thing about the LOTR trilogy is that all three are split over 2 disks per film .

EVEN the Blu Rays . So I recon part of the reason the other 2 never metrilised was the split film issue .

1 disk 1 film these whould have gone like sloppy poop off a shovel .

Reactions: Flash
@Flash
Ahh then the older sets will be undera tenner for the GORGEOUS LOTR boxset . Just a pain swapping disks to finish the movie .

First relised £49.99

I nabbed mine perfect Evilbay 36 including p+p only about 3 weeks later .

Reactions: Flash
I'm very surprised they have not done the extended steelbooks yet
Lord of the Rings The Two Towers
Lord of the Rings Return of the King

The Extended Steelbook of Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring sold very well so its not anything to do with poor sales

I'm very surprised they have not done the extended steelbooks yet
Lord of the Rings The Two Towers
Lord of the Rings Return of the King

The Extended Steelbook of Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring sold very well so its not anything to do with poor sales

Seems a coincidence that the other 2 never serfaced after The Hobbit went into production .

As I have already stated I have the breathtaking box set .

Swapping the disks half way through the movie you have to change disks .

Surly it makes more sence . 1 movie 1 disk hoping this is what is on the horizon .

Seems a coincidence that the other 2 never serfaced after The Hobbit went into production .

As I have already stated I have the breathtaking box set .

Swapping the disks half way through the movie you have to change disks .

Surly it makes more sence . 1 movie 1 disk hoping this is what is on the horizon .

That's already happened you can get the steelbooks of the films but they are not extended with all the extras

A big NO to single steelbooks with no extras
We need to have the other 2 films as jumbo steelbooks to match the first jumbo steelbook

That's already happened you can get the steelbooks of the films but they are not extended with all the extras

A big NO to single steelbooks with no extras
We need to have the other 2 films as jumbo steelbooks to match the first jumbo steelbook

I know the steelbooks none extended have been done .

This IS THE Extended Edition thread :) .

Jumbo personally I never watch the extras . That is just me . Matching not that fussed .

The only way I whould re buy LOTR's because I am happy with my Box set edition is for1 disk for each film :drool: .

I know the steelbooks none extended have been done .

This IS THE Extended Edition thread :) .

Jumbo personally I never watch the extras . That is just me . Matching not that fussed .

The only way I whould re buy LOTR's because I am happy with my Box set edition is for1 disk for each film :drool: .
I know that but you quoted Surly it makes more sense . 1 movie 1 disk hoping this is what is on the horizon :p
That's not possible for an extended edition as the extended edition the film is over 2 discs

As we already have Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring extended SteelBook
The other 2 would have to match in size by been jumbo steelbooks so the collection matches each other on a shelf
Also golden rule with Blu-ray release is IMO you never ever drop extras in fact you provide all existing extras and new extras if possible be included

I know that but you quoted Surly it makes more sense . 1 movie 1 disk hoping this is what is on the horizon :p
That's not possible for an extended edition as the extended edition the film is over 2 discs

As we already have Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring extended SteelBook
The other 2 would have to match in size by been jumbo steelbooks so the collection matches each other on a shelf
Also golden rule with Blu-ray release is IMO you never ever drop extras in fact you provide all existing extras and new extras if possible be included

WHY IS IT NOT POSSIBLE ??.

The Hobbit movies in lighth and glorious cinematography and music production . Plus the higher film rate .

They remasterd Fellowship and Two Towers to Blu Ray Standard .

Why not put two halfs of 1 film on disk ???.

Why will them match them ? .

Warner know people out thire are collectors , compleationists movie lovers .

It is a Cash Cow that thay can milk to infinity .

I'm not sure what's happening here :-/

The extended editions are too big to fit on one blu ray. That's it. If you want it on one disc then get the original unextended edition.

Fellowship is nearly 4 hours long. In 1080p. With multiple HD audio channels. It comes to around 70gb. A blu ray holds about 50gb. Yes there are dual layer blu rays but a lot of players can't read them.

• Informative
Reactions: Scary Hair