135.9 KB · Views: 300
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 305
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 261
Last edited by a moderator:
Have to agree the 3D looks terrible. Id prefer it if the slip said man of steel (put 3D on there if you must) then have nothing but the S on the front of the steel, no title on there or names of who is in film. Just a clean looking cover.

This is the type of situation where a clear slipcase would be a great idea. Put the Blu-ray banner, rating logo/banner, cast list, the title (including '3D') and any specifications on the rear on the slipcover and leave the Steelbook completely free of text. The design is so iconic that no title is necessary.

I really wish more companies would use clear slipcovers. Not only do they look better than stupid cardboard J-cards, but they are a lot more durable and it's unlikely they are going to rip or damage at all.

EDIT: I have started a poll, please vote if you can: Plastic slipcovers instead of cardboard J-cards

Last edited by a moderator:
Very true, Snooloui.
I think this steel would even manage having no title on the cover.

The "S" symbol is unique even to not be confused with previous superman films.

40 Euro - that's steep. The 3D text on the spine looks a bit lame to me....who am i kidding if Amazon UK or Zavvi don't turn up the party I'll be getting this:emb:

I think the artwork looks pretty good, the 3D doesn't bother me so much although I can see why it would. It needs to come down in price though for me to be tempted.

Artwork looks like they took a lowres pic and made it the front cover xD also what bothers me every new amazon SB is 40€ did they smoked some bad stuff or what ? if we don't set a sign they will continue raising prices!

Very true, Snooloui.
I think this steel would even manage having no title on the cover.

The "S" symbol is unique even to not be confused with previous superman films.

There was a survey carried out several years ago that concluded that the top three most recognisable images/designs worldwide, even amongst non English speaking people were the original Coca-Cola bottle, the Batman symbol & the Superman shield, so why the hell slap that ugly white title font over the top of it. :angry:

Artwork looks like they took a lowres pic and made it the front cover xD also what bothers me every new amazon SB is 40€ did they smoked some bad stuff or what ? if we don't set a sign they will continue raising prices!

Yes it must be to be a mix of Black Afghan and Green Turk :scat:
Is only fun the price is sad enough

I'm sure the price will go down. G.I. Joe had a similar priced and it dropped before release.

BTW I'm wondering if this edition will have the holographic card like The hobbit had in Germany and France for the 3D edition.

Woo, Im glad I'm not the only that is bothered by the 3D text/placement on the Steelbook. Even though I have the Wal-Mart G2 Magnetic Pre-Order Cover I would hate to 'have' to use it to cover the cover.

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

I would actually prefer no title at all on the front cover. The Superman symbol is as recognizable as the Christian Cross, Coca-Cola or Ghostbusters logo. The Man of Steel Shield bossed on the front cover and title on the spine would be perfect and with that Crysis 2 mesh type suit effect mentioned by Sabertooth, that would make it Steelbook of the Year!

crysis214.jpg

(pic by Arkangel of cinephobic.forumfree.it)

Last edited:
Oh Jesus, that is kind of ugly. Not liking that big 3d either. Fingers crossed for a better UK edition

The worry is, being a Warner release, if the 3D is included they might well put the 3D logo on it like they did Wrath of the Titans.

Putting on the 3D logo is getting more common on steelbooks here, with Life of Pi and The Wolverine being recent/forthcoming examples. Might want to hope for the 3D version being left out.

Need to see the back before I even consider ordering, if its blank I will order in heart beat but if its covered in German writing I will pass!