Media Dealer - Retailer thread [Germany]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
logo.png

Feel free to share experiences about shopping, returns, communications, etc.

Last edited:
You should only order from them if you want some exclusives as the packaging is cardboard only. I ordered 3-4 times from them and when I tried to return a scratched steel, I had to write about 10 emails before they agreed to refund me ...

Reactions: snooloui
Shop recommended. sent in hard cardboard box with inner protection. satisfied and within 7 days in my house (German website, sent to Spain). 'll buy

I've made 25 orders from them in total. No any single item was damaged, so I can recommend them. Very often nice prices - in comparison to Amazon.

I've made 25 orders from them in total. No any single item was damaged, so I can recommend them. Very often nice prices - in comparison to Amazon.

Unfourtantly this experience only happends if you don't receive any damaged stuff.

For me what makes a Companys Service good or bad is AFTER the fact - how do they deal with you when you DO receive damamged merchandise.

And this Company has a very bad attitude towards the customer when it comes to damaged Merchandise.

I have learned my lesson and WILL NOT buy again, I would encourage you not to buy unless you are not worried about the customer service AFTER the fact.

ITs definitely a NOGO to company!!

Take care
john

Reactions: lgans316
I'm trying to order something from them. The site says it accepts Paypal but the I only thing I can choose is Credit Card...(which I don't own :()
Am I the only one having this problem?

Ohh 7% Gutschein is gone now as well.....:angry:

Update 02-05
Not getting any responses here but if anyone is wondering...
I emailed them in my best German:emb:. Got a response very quickly!
As I understand it, it has something to do with buying stuff with FSK 18.
I have to prove I'm 18 years old or older but in Germany you're not allowed to send a copy of your ID.
So I can prove that by Sofortident or Postident (got no clue what that is). Postident costs 9 euro. There is no mention of any costs for the Sofortident but I'm not going to make an account just for this.

This all might be normal in Germany but for buyers outside Germany it's nice to now beforehand I think ;).

No mention of my lost discount code btw.

I only had Wanted 100th anniverary steelbook in my order with FSK 18, so I'm just going to cancel that one :(.

Last edited:
I received "2 Guns" from MM on Friday. Never seen someone sending a steelbook like that. The steel was in a box without any protection, I dont know how but it arrived in perfect condition.

I received "2 Guns" from MM on Friday. Never seen someone sending a steelbook like that. The steel was in a box without any protection, I dont know how but it arrived in perfect condition.

That is usual for MM!

@Zephyr: you are right.

Do these guys ship to America? As when I went to pay it didn't list it as an option so I am thinking no.

afaik they don´t ship outside of the European Union with the exception of a few countries like Switzerland, Norway and 2 or 3 other Euro (non EU) countries..

Reactions: James125
How long do they usually take to ship items? I'm in the UK, ordered on the 24th June, no dispatch email/update, nothing. Should I pursue contacting them or does it usually take a while?

Thanks.

How long do they usually take to ship items? I'm in the UK, ordered on the 24th June, no dispatch email/update, nothing. Should I pursue contacting them or does it usually take a while?

Thanks.

I ordered from them once. I got three mails from them. One confirming my order (I think on the day I ordered) A day later a mail that they received my payment. A day after that I got a dispatch mail.
Don't you have any updates in your account either?
If you don't, I think you could contact them.
When I mailed them I got a reply the same day (not on a Sunday though ;)).

Reactions: UpsetSmiley
Time to test the customer service. 47 Ronin Steel - horribly misaligned text.

Photos on an email sent. Asked for a replacement. In light of MB comments, I will give them a few emails to sort it. Luckily, I paid with PayPal, should it get messy.

Time to test the customer service. 47 Ronin Steel - horribly misaligned text.

Photos on an email sent. Asked for a replacement. In light of MB comments, I will give them a few emails to sort it. Luckily, I paid with PayPal, should it get messy.

Hope you get it sorted. I was annoyed since I ordered from Media Dealer for the first time last week, almost straight after ordering, 47 Ronin was down to 17,99 EUR, so could've saved on postage, ordered it from Amazon.de instead.

I wonder if these are the same versions? Quite a few SB's these days suffer from misaligned text :(

Reactions: PKAVFC
Hope you get it sorted. I was annoyed since I ordered from Media Dealer for the first time last week, almost straight after ordering, 47 Ronin was down to 17,99 EUR, so could've saved on postage, ordered it from Amazon.de instead.

I wonder if these are the same versions? Quite a few SB's these days suffer from misaligned text :(

Cheers dude... I'm in 2 minds to just now order from Amazon and request a refund, not a replacement... Or do I give them a chance.... Once bitten and all that.

The text is way off, so much that it makes your eyes hurt (imagine watching a 3d movie without the glasses on)

I thought I was being paranoid until I saw other peoples copies were fine.

Frustrating as hell!

:hilarious: here's the reply, that basically says there is no issue.

Looks like paypal and re purchase off amazon. You live and you learn. Email:

"Sorry but we can not discernible error in the product. All products are the same marked without exception"

Case opened with PayPal. Now ordering with Amazon.De. Fingers burnt!

Master blaster was right - after the event service is a joke.

UPDATE - 1/7/2014.

I opened up a paypal case today... no reply to this, or the email to the website on the Saturday.

I think its safe to assume I am being ignored, so I have opened up a proper Paypal case now. Looks like I will be down on some money posting it back, but if Media Dealer has their way, it would be a big ol fat £0.

These guys make Zavvi look half decent at customer service!

Last edited:
EEK!I am lost for words..... EEK!

"Why register through Paypal is a conflict?

The product is supplied by the manufacturer. If you do not want the product, they can return them"

Viele Grüße aus Berlin Ihr Media-Dealer.de Kundenservice

So the policy is that there are no returns and any defects mean I have to send it back to the manufacturer :hilarious:

Last edited by a moderator: