Monsters Inc (3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection #6) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: February 17th, 2014
Purchase link: Monsters Inc 3D (sold out)
Price: £20.99
Note:
The others:
Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

10864600-1385053395-322752.jpg

10864600-1385053395-322844.jpg

10864600-1385053395-322953.jpg

Last edited:
THIS ONE! PERFECT.

very nice!:drool:

it is great works well, should be a lesson if you're gonna use blank character imagery on the back, be creative with the sizing & positioning.

though the problem is the low resolution of the boo picture.(mike & sulley are fine) but if you can get a higher res picture we should push for zavvi to use it. cause if they used it now you'd end up with a blurry and pixelated image it would ruin the image as well as the steelbook.

one more thing, i loved how you did the colour blends on some of your previous mock ups. like this one:

uaty.jpg

I think you should add that kind of blend to the last mock up. but instead of fading to white fade to a really pale blue (like the door on the front cover) adding colour continuity to imagery on the front and back makes a huge difference and would turn this steel into a thing of beauty.

Last edited:
^
I hunted and hunted and that is the highest res I could find. I'm sure Disney could provide the high res graphics and I'd be happy to re-comp it all in high res but I'm not holding my breath.

Glad you liked them though. Thanks.

Randell on back.:thumbs:

Futureshop & Kimchi versions are dominated with Mike & Sulley would set Zavvi's release apart from the rest and make it a viable alternative.

Surprised "The Right Stuff" parody didn't make it onto any of the any of the releases, still makes me smile every time and I think it would be a good choice for inside art.

MonstersInc_zpsc18fbc36.jpg

Mine already does,
MON-03.jpg

MON-04.jpg

Reactions: redlemon
I actually wonder if Zavvi is really going to change the back? Have they declared to be open to negotiation or are we just hoping they might give in like they did with Wreck-It Ralph? :dunno:

^
disagree.

It has always bugged me how they artificially extended the height of the door in that image with the logo above them.

LAST, last one...

jie3.jpg

Hi geek, they all look great! brilliant.. my absolute favorite is this last one with the 3 characters. Send it to zavvi.. show them how its done right :thumbs:

Reactions: Geek Tragedy
who here is actually an artist? it seems everyone is.

however, if it true that the little mermaid steelbook is the result of peoples opinion on this site of what it should look like... then i think its better to leave the art to the artists.

can you imagine a fashion designer releasing the designs for an item of clothing, only for people to demand he/she change it. with every single design he or she produces. it makes the designer redundant. its also an insult.

how about, we just enjoy the artwork these professional artists give us? if we dont like it, dont buy it. personally, i like the idea of the designs coming from disney (or whatever studio), rather than some 'armchair artist' who think they know better by cutting and pasting random images into a steelbook template.

Reactions: IRON MAN