Monsters Inc (3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection #6) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: February 17th, 2014
Purchase link: Monsters Inc 3D (sold out)
Price: £20.99
Note:
The others:
Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

10864600-1385053395-322752.jpg

10864600-1385053395-322844.jpg

10864600-1385053395-322953.jpg

Last edited:
It goes to show the game ain't what it used to be. A certain retailer has a lot to answer for. They should just concentrate on high quality low print run specialities but instead they are just mugging you off and milking every last drop they can. I am about half way through selling my entire collection and good riddance to them as well. I spent far too much money on steelbooks in the last few years and for the members on here that are living in dreamland most have sold for a loss. Even the sealed mint ones have lost a lot of value. And with the state of the market at the moment this downward trend in values will just continue and continue until they are worth jack shite. Which is why I am doing this now not later, at least I will get something back for this over priced over hyped crud.

It's the only good thing Zavvi have done, make me realise it's a waste of cash, most of the films I did have are available on demand from one source or another and a lot in HD Too.ok not quite the detail of blu ray but it's getting their. I no longer see the point in wasting hard earned cash on steelbooks that just sit on a shelf collecting dust which one day the format will be down the road with VHS and be worth zilch. That's just my view on it, no disrespect to others that are still feeding their addiction I know what it's like, but my advice would be get out now while you are still able to recoup something or carry on and you will really be counting your losses. For every hundred steelbooks released I'd say on average 2 or 3 might or just might increase in value a bit while the other 97 won't even make their money back. FACT.

if my pulp fiction steel book was worth a fiver,i really wouldnt care. i would still love and enjoy having it. i'll take a "cheap" steelbook over a plastic amaray any day of the week

Reactions: Icekalt
It goes to show the game ain't what it used to be. A certain retailer has a lot to answer for. They should just concentrate on high quality low print run specialities but instead they are just mugging you off and milking every last drop they can. I am about half way through selling my entire collection and good riddance to them as well. I spent far too much money on steelbooks in the last few years and for the members on here that are living in dreamland most have sold for a loss. Even the sealed mint ones have lost a lot of value. And with the state of the market at the moment this downward trend in values will just continue and continue until they are worth jack shite. Which is why I am doing this now not later, at least I will get something back for this over priced over hyped crud.

It's the only good thing Zavvi have done, make me realise it's a waste of cash, most of the films I did have are available on demand from one source or another and a lot in HD Too.ok not quite the detail of blu ray but it's getting their. I no longer see the point in wasting hard earned cash on steelbooks that just sit on a shelf collecting dust which one day the format will be down the road with VHS and be worth zilch. That's just my view on it, no disrespect to others that are still feeding their addiction I know what it's like, but my advice would be get out now while you are still able to recoup something or carry on and you will really be counting your losses. For every hundred steelbooks released I'd say on average 2 or 3 might or just might increase in value a bit while the other 97 won't even make their money back. FACT.

I think most here fully aware of that, thanks for wisdom anyhow.

For most it's not about the money, it's about having something limited and collectable

Exactly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thats why you shouldn't see them as future investment and also why you should only get the movies you like. Also only buy them, if you can play them (Region lock). I started collecting in February last Year and this kinda helped me to don't spend too much. Quality over quantity ;)