Monsters University (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection #2) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release Date: November 25th, 2013
Price: £23.99
Buy Link: Monsters University LIVE!!
The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

10831199-1378486144-283787.jpg

10831199-1378486218-420282.jpg

10831199-1378486201-127193.jpg

10831199-1378486183-979116.jpg

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 374
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 413
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 404
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 403
Last edited by a moderator:
You know what... seriously... I am getting sick and tired of this. That might be one of the stupidest looking steelbook covers I've ever seen.

I haven't heard ONE single person.. not a single comment, on any thread, in any way, say that they like that front. I have only heard that everyone hates it. At least put that crap on the back. Gah! :angry:

If this is a worldwide release like Choi alluded to, then shame on Disney/Pixar. I hope the Monsters University steelbook crashes and burns.

I'm sorry but I am just beside myself. The artwork presented in this thread in the last few pages is INCREDIBLY awesome. People can say all they want that it's the studio... and it needs to be approved... and yada yada.

Earth to Disney... either fire the head of your steelbook art department or make your approval process more collector friendly, because this cover is HORRIBLY inadequate compared to the other choices presented.

0% chance of me keeping any order of Monster U if this is the cover art for all releases.

Agree agree agree!

Change it to Mdewater for outside art and inside disco art from anthony80.. :drool: both of their designs.

I think this is the worst pixar steelbook art I've seen. Pixar and disney produce amazing movies with beautiful animation therefore you would think they would be ashamed to put this front art on a collector's steelbook edition, on any edition for that matter.
Someone said that wreck it ralph's was changed more easily because it was a uk exclusive and that monsters is worldwide so basically there may be no hope to getting this artwork changed, I would have thought that would make it easier for all countries getting this to get together and vote on the awful front and spine of this release.if everyone got together for a collective NO vote to this art maybe that response would somehow make it to pixar and disney.
Having seen what members put together themselves in these post,
It should put pixar to shame that what they have approved is soooo inferior.
I'm sorry to go on but I just can't seem to get my head around this one:confused:

That spine is atrocious. Looks like a glitch error occurred when rendering the art file. Front is bad as well and looks like 75% will just be bare metal. Disney knows they can do better than this.

Reactions: jimmyv
I will order but cancel if the blufans has different artwork. I need this tho to go with my kimchi monsters inc I ordered. If its the same artwork as blufans then I would rather pay the cheaper price for this and they can keep the 3d disc.

Last edited:
I will order but cancel if the blufans has different artwork. I need this tho to go with my kimchi monsters inc I ordered. If its the same artwork as blufans then I would rather pay the cheaper price for this and they can keep the 3d disc.

I heard from Disney

They said All monsters university is same artwork worldwide and it will be released over the world

right now Zavvi, Amazon es & Fnac release same steelbook

Blufans owners confirmed that they will release different artwork

I hope it will looks better than this but blufans is always pricey like 50$ per each

Thanks for confirmation that blufans will be different, that's good to hear! You're right that it sucks its more expensive, but in this case I'm willing to pay a premium when the alternative is THIS bad.

edit: ...wait a minute. Maybe that's Disney's evil scheme.

I heard from Disney

They said All monsters university is same artwork worldwide and it will be released over the world

I hope it will looks better than this but blufans is always pricey like 50$ per each
I won't care if it's 50$ on Blufans as long as it's NOT what we have right now here... geeessshhh :angry:

Come on Disney/Zavvi, you can do it guys!!! Come on!!! Don't drop the ball on such a big release!!! :naughty:

Reactions: jimmyv
I heard from Disney

Thanks for the info! Was not really wanting to spend a bunch but hopefully BF is nice!

I don't hate the artwork, but I don't love it either. I'll probably only buy it if the price is right.

I don't hate the artwork, but I don't love it either. I'll probably only buy it if the price is right.

Exactly my thoughts as well. It's okay, but it isn't great. I wouldn't mind it if there is nothing that is more appealing released around the same price.