Monsters University (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection #2) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release Date: November 25th, 2013
Price: £23.99
Buy Link: Monsters University LIVE!!
The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

10831199-1378486144-283787.jpg

10831199-1378486218-420282.jpg

10831199-1378486201-127193.jpg

10831199-1378486183-979116.jpg

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 371
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 411
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 402
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 400
Last edited by a moderator:
Zavvi Single disc release = 24 pounds = ~$38 shipped = No 3D

UK amaray 3D/2D release = 18.50 pounds available HERE

German edition 2 disc release = 28.20 euro = ~$37 shipped = 3D/2D+ Bonus disc

Blufans release will probably be the usual $50 or so but 3D/2D at least

It is ok to say you don't care about the 3D disc. That does not excuse retailers / studios short changing premium products which steelbooks are and just sticking a 2D disc yet there are amarays better put together and probably cheaper or similarly priced. If you are going to charge a premium price at least make sure the content included reflects the pricing. IMO this UK release fails in every category due to that. NOT MOANING, JUST FACTS As stated above for me in the US it is cheaper to get the better put together German edition than the Zavvi release shipped as Amazon take away VAT as they should.

Last edited:
The price was predictable bearing in mind that this is a new release. The standard amaray will be about £18.99 on release, the collectors edition being $31.99 on amazon.com, so a £5 premium puts it into perspective.

Reactions: wildstang0302
Amazon.us collectors edition, with slipcover : $34.99/£23.17.
With shipping & Import Fees it comes to $53.96

For me anyway, Blufans version is going to be similar in price to the US collectors edition. Therefor that's the one for me, as I want the full package...;)

Or amazon.de version is the other best option.

Zavvi 1 disc Steelbook : £23.99 not worth it IMO...

Last edited:
I love the artwork, but I think I will be going with the amazon.de version as it's a better release, cheaper and shipping is a lot better than Zavvi's. Zavvi needs to take the box back to the drawing board. The cardboard is way too flimsy

Stopped with Zavvi almost completely - they just don't seem to get that releases like these just put collectors off. No 3D, single disc and shipping to my location isn't cheap either. Plus have had to return at least 10% of my steels coz they arrive damaged in that flimsy cardboard box.
Thanks, but no thanks, Zavvi.

Amazon.us collectors edition, with slipcover : $34.99/£23.17.
With shipping & Import Fees it comes to $53.96

For me anyway, Blufans version is going to be similar in price to the US collectors edition. Therefor that's the one for me, as I want the full package...;)

Or amazon.de version is the other best option.

Zavvi 1 disc Steelbook : £23.99 not worth it IMO...

Also the US edition will most likely be cheaper on release week before jumping back up the week after. Disney coupons further reduce the price

Reactions: earthscope
Ordered it, but gonna cancel it asap depending on how better artwork/content of Blu-fans and Amazon.DE versions are gonna be.

Standard 2D collectors edition cover looks way better IMO

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61V2-UmFVbL._SY300_.jpg

...and AMEN to frankfish44's comment about these ridiculously silly single disc cheapskate offerings.

I dunno if it's :wtf: Zavvi? or :wtf: Disney? or :wtf: UK? or :wtf: Studio?

But I do know that somebody needs to understand... people who are willing to pay the piper for a collectible blu ray steelbook should not be screwed out of the full package deal.

Makes no sense.

...and AMEN to frankfish44's comment about these ridiculously silly single disc cheapskate offerings.

But I do know that somebody needs to understand... people who are willing to pay the piper for a collectible blu ray steelbook should not be screwed out of the full package deal.

Makes no sense.

:thumbs:

I love the artwork, but I think I will be going with the amazon.de version as it's a better release, cheaper and shipping is a lot better than Zavvi's. Zavvi needs to take the box back to the drawing board. The cardboard is way too flimsy

The Amazon.de version will only be the better release if you don't mind having 'Die Monster Universität' emblazoned across the front :(

Makes no sense.

The colours make me all giddy inside!! :oohyeah: