Monsters University (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection #2) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release Date: November 25th, 2013
Price: £23.99
Buy Link: Monsters University LIVE!!
The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

10831199-1378486144-283787.jpg

10831199-1378486218-420282.jpg

10831199-1378486201-127193.jpg

10831199-1378486183-979116.jpg

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 372
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 412
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 402
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 401
Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking as a collector in the UK, until play.com and HMV before going out of business there were not really any where to purchase steelbooks from in the UK, before this I had to pay crazy prices from ebay as places like Walmart best buy and futureshop don't ship outside US and Canada so I am great full for Zavvi's impact on the steelbook world, this price is expensive but I was paying this regularly 2 years ago for lesser quality steelbooks! I think we should be great full for Zavvi's impact and let's not forget all the International buyers that you only pay £1 to have this shipped!
I not having a did at anyone but think we should consider te steelbook 2-3 years ago when US, Canada and Getmany dominated it and now the UK have a massive piece of the pie and am very happy!

Well I predicted £22.99 and Zavvi went one better at £23.99 total CON ARTISTS

I love the part on the site says "save £6" lmfao as if they would get £30 for it

Last edited:
International buyers that you only pay £1 to have this shipped!

This is one amongst the major reason for the high price. Zavvi are indirectly screwing us in the UK.

I think it is unfair to say this without proof. I will say that the costs even out in the end. We international customers still pay full price including VAT. If Zavvi were to take that off as they should, the picture is quite different. The VAT not taken off and the £1 paid for postage would quite make up for shipping costs surely.

Last edited:
Well I predicted £22.99 and Zavvi went one better at £23.99 total CON ARTISTS

I love the part on the site says "save £6" lmfao as if they would get £30 for it

Con artists? The price is clear for everyone to see. Don't like the price? Don't pay it.

I think it is unfair to say this without proof. I will say that the costs even out in the end. We international customers still full price including VAT. If Zavvi were to take that off as they should, the picture is quite different. The VAT not taken off and the £1 paid for postage would quite make up for shipping costs surely.

I think it's unfair for certain members (not necessarily yourself) to continue to insult and attack Zavvi in every thread but most members seem to find that acceptable? :confused:

Last edited:
Bottom line is the UK buyers pay more for these in the long run as we are subsidising international postage.

Anywhere else would be charging more than 99p!!! Do the maths

Reactions: Blu Nick
Con artists? The price is clear for everyone to see. Don't like the price? Don't pay it.

Instead of responding to comments like the above (which I can understand but totally disagree with), maybe i'll just start to add people to my ignore list. The question is, how many members are we allowed to add?

I think it's unfair for certain members (not necessarily yourself) to continue to insult and attack Zavvi in every thread but most members seem to find that acceptable? :confused:

I quite often criticize a steelbook and not the retailer. Many pple do so yourself included. It is part of collecting. In each and every thread this happens. Be it an Asian release, UK release, other EU nation, or a North American release. The difference is that there are so so many UK releases from one merchant with as many as 15-23 releases on the steelbook index page at any particular time of day then the criticisms multiply. HMV, ES and Amazon UK exclusives are so wide apart, the point is made and over with. Are people disappointed about price points....ABSOLUTELY... especially in relation to what play.com charged.

Reactions: wildstang0302
Personally I dont think £23.99 is that ludicrous for a new release disney title. Not to mention this has only been listed for a cpl days and doesnt come out for another 4 months. I cant say if the price will drop or not but seems a little premature to complain about price. Cant wait til Nov 25th Gonna be a great steelbook, and look nice next to my nemo/aladdin/wfrr/jb and lm!

Last edited:
Standard 2D collectors edition cover looks way better IMO

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61V2-UmFVbL._SY300_.jpg

...and AMEN to frankfish44's comment about these ridiculously silly single disc cheapskate offerings.

I dunno if it's :wtf: Zavvi? or :wtf: Disney? or :wtf: UK? or :wtf: Studio?

But I do know that somebody needs to understand... people who are willing to pay the piper for a collectible blu ray steelbook should not be screwed out of the full package deal.

Makes no sense.

So according to you, they should start releasing the special collector's edition with just a single disc?
So all the special boxes with lots of goodies inside, they should have a collector box and no extras, no 3d, nothing...

Maybe they should release 2 versions of the Steelbook. A 3D+2D+extras version, and a 1 disc version too. Then we "the consumers" would be able to decide which one to get.

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

If I just wanted the movie in a single disc, I have Internet for that, and free.
If I spend a lot of money in something, I want it to be complete, the full package. Otherwise I can give you a few websites to download the 1080p movie.

If I just wanted the movie in a single disc, I have Internet for that, and free.
If I spend a lot of money in something, I want it to be complete, the full package. Otherwise I can give you a few websites to download the 1080p movie.

true, studios shouldn't mess with there last customers left.
we want the whole package :D

Reactions: Steeler
International buyers that you only pay £1 to have this shipped!

This is one amongst the major reason for the high price. Zavvi are indirectly screwing us in the UK.

Just to add on to what I said earlier, I believe international customers have less to do with price points. In retail, we talk about what the core market can support. With Zavvi, it is clear from the very beginning that the UK market will support their base price of £14.99. Even if you were to take away all international customers, I doubt the price will go down unless Pple in the UK stop buying at that price point. Every release has been £14.99 or higher and here and there they as any business would, adjust it higher by a bit or a lot to test the boundaries

Last edited:
[/COLOR]If I just wanted the movie in a single disc, I have Internet for that, and free.

So, if it's not up to scratch, rather than not buy it, you steal it?

I think it's **** that this does not include the 3d disc, so what do I do?

I buy another version that does. Any thief will find means to justify their actions, but it doesn't make it right.