Monsters University (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection #2) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release Date: November 25th, 2013
Price: £23.99
Buy Link: Monsters University LIVE!!
The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

10831199-1378486144-283787.jpg

10831199-1378486218-420282.jpg

10831199-1378486201-127193.jpg

10831199-1378486183-979116.jpg

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 371
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 411
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 402
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 400
Last edited by a moderator:
a little underwhelmed by the potential artwork when I first saw it, but the more I look at it I think maybe it could work- just needs some embossing like the other Disney/Pixar releases from Zavvi (Nemo, Aladdin) and to make the colors really pop off the white background

[QUOTEZavvi 1 disc Steelbook : £23.99 not worth it IMO...[/QUOTE]

The price difference between the 2d/3d version is always 5-6 dollars/euros/pounds what ever it may be. Zavvi not totally out of line asking £24 when the 3d is £30 in Germany. I ordered 2 of these as I prefer to have the english text and have no need for 3d (plus possible printed back) Ill order the US 3d ultimate collectors edition blu to open. Whilst an extra $6 for the 3d and special features is the better bargain 3d has yet to become widely popular in home, so most people pass on the 3d bluray.

Reactions: thewhiteknight
rip off....no 3d no 2 disc...$38 for that noooo way Ill just buy the 3d 3 disc version here in the us for $25

You're kidding, right? No reason for this not to be 3D though. I mean, they got to start somewhere!
No 3D + No Bonus BD = No sale
Amazon.us collectors edition, with slipcover : $34.99/£23.17.
With shipping & Import Fees it comes to $53.96

For me anyway, Blufans version is going to be similar in price to the US collectors edition. Therefor that's the one for me, as I want the full package...;)

Or amazon.de version is the other best option.

Zavvi 1 disc Steelbook : £23.99 not worth it IMO...
What is up with the £23.99 for new releases now. This is terrible
Amen +1 to all the above
Will probably just import the US 3D Superset....I dont have the first one on steel so dont mind sticking to slipped/amerays for these (and thats a BIG deal for me to say no to a steel, but its how bad Zavvi and their stupid prices have put me off)

Standard 2D collectors edition cover looks way better IMO

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61V2-UmFVbL._SY300_.jpg

...and AMEN to frankfish44's comment about these ridiculously silly single disc cheapskate offerings.

I dunno if it's :wtf: Zavvi? or :wtf: Disney? or :wtf: UK? or :wtf: Studio?

But I do know that somebody needs to understand... people who are willing to pay the piper for a collectible blu ray steelbook should not be screwed out of the full package deal.

Makes no sense.
I'd say its more likely Zavvi. Disney were able to make fairer priced steels in the UK before (Cars 2, POTC4, PoP for example, though all did have printed text on the rear and the latter two had double/triple play banners on the front. Still, prices were £15 or less AND all 3 came with at least the 2D blu and DVD copies)

Ordered Yesterday, cancelled Today.

Having slept on it and read through the thread, I have decided to go for the Blufans editions only.

It also made me re-think my current Zavvi pre-orders. Cancelled quite a few of them. Going to concentrate on Kimchi & Blufans type releases. Especially if like Le Grande Blue, we have two versions to welcome with open arms. :drool:

Thanks for making my decision relatively easy Zavvi. :thumbs:

There is a difference in £ and €. Germany uses € and takes out VAT as they should for non EU purchasers.

Zavvi offer 99p shipping which more than makes up for them not removing VAT (which they have no obligation to anyway). Amazon use all kinds of dodgy practices (such as not paying tax on their profits) which allow them to beat most retailers on price.

I'd say its more likely Zavvi. Disney were able to make fairer priced steels in the UK before (Cars 2, POTC4, PoP for example, though all did have printed text on the rear and the latter two had double/triple play banners on the front. Still, prices were £15 or less AND all 3 came with at least the 2D blu and DVD copies)

Yes those releases were cheaper, but the Steelbooks themselves were absolutely appalling. Some of the worst Steelbooks released to date in the UK. If Zavvi were selling similar quality for £14.99, I don't think anyone would buy them. I would rather pay extra for a quality Steelbook (there is no denying that the recent Disney/Zavvi partnership has produced some amazing results). You're also talking two or three years ago and things have changed a lot since then. Take into consideration inflation, increases in postage costs, the abolishing of LVCR and suddenly Zavvi's price don't look too bad.

Reactions: wildstang0302

Having slept on it and read through the thread, I have decided to go for the Blufans editions only.

It also made me re-think my current Zavvi pre-orders. Cancelled quite a few of them. Going to concentrate on Kimchi & Blufans type releases. Especially if like Le Grande Blue, we have two versions to welcome with open arms. :drool:

:thumbs:

Reactions: stephen3001

Totally agree. Only concentrating on truly limited releases. Although I'll get the DE version to open and watch the 3D version of this.

Reactions: stephen3001
No. Zavvi's prices seem to be a gigantic joke. Just to put this into perspective: Play.com's Prometheus was 23,99 pounds and it came out (with 3 discs (3D / 2D / Extras-7+hrs) UV Digital copy), and as I was used to those 9.99 paramount releases back then, it appeared to be really expensive in comparison. But this is just a bad joke. It feels like zavvi is saying: "You will pay anything for a steel as long as the artwork is ~ OK" Yes, I'd spend 50 $ on a blufans release, but at least I know that I will be getting a badass artwork, some really nice goodies, all possible discs and dunno, I don't feel ripped off.
I'll be spending more on Kimchi , Blufans & co. and 97% less on zavvi in the near future.
Just my 2 cents.

my german steelbook of the first monster inc is a 2 disc set with hell of a content and a super colourfull glossy finish which costs me only 10€ by the way. this right here would look really poor next to it, way too plain with the white background.

hope the blufans and german one have better artwork and more content.

Last edited: