Movie Style - SteelBook retailer thread [France]

bidou

Premium Supporter
Aug 26, 2010
Lyon, France
logo.jpg

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen ! :D

I would like to let you know that I am part of a really nice project, here in France, about a new e-company. It is called Movie Style, and is specialized in national and international sales of French Steelbooks, Star Metalpaks, Ironpacks and Viva Metal Cases (even if these last two have never been released in France so far ).

Movie Style will do its best to offer a large range of Steels.
It will be possible to pre-order each new release, and we will concentrate our efforts to propose many older releases too.

Of course, each sale will be concluded according to the French Tax System : the French VAT (19.6%) won’t be applied to people outside the European Union.

Moreover, be sure we will do our best to offer the lowest shipping costs for any destination. We are working hard at this time with the french postage company to find out the better price ! Packages over 2 kg are still on negotiation at this time. We hope to be in a position to put this shipping method into service in the next few days. Anyway, we are already able to fulfill any order below 2 kg.

Since the beginning of this project, a special effort is made on the packaging, in order to be sure that everyone will receive a mint Steel. At this point, I can say that every Steelbook sent by Movie Style will be bubble-wrapped and individually packed in a cardbox. Please have a look to our packaging method.

Movie Style is also thinking about us, meticulous collectors, and is working on two really nice transparent slipcovers for G1 and G2 Steels. They will offer a perfect protection for every Steelbooks (no Jumbos so far, but perhaps one day…), Ironpacks, Viva Metal Cases and Star Metalpaks on our shelves !

Movie Style will also be a complete and bilingual source of information for any French release, new or older, exclusives or not, with pictures, languages, subtitles, and so much more… We want to create a serious, complete and interesting area for this passion we all share. Thank you very much for your interest !

A last thing. We feel very concerned about the difficulties each of us encounter to obtain a store exclusive Steelbook (FNAC exclusive, Virgin exclusive, Auchan exclusive, etc...). Movie Style will do its best to offer a simple way for each of you to acquire some copies of these precious exclusives for the most decent price :D

Movie Style is happy to offer an alternative way to order it online.

To avoid any administrative trouble, these exclusive steelbooks won't be directly sold on mov-style.fr, but it is possible for anyone to contact us via PM.

You can order as many copies as you need.
All necessary instructions will be done once your email received.

Of course, the same goes for any future exclusive release : do not hesitate to approach us for any french store exclusive : FNAC Expendables 2, etc...

By the way, a few older or actual store exclusive steelbooks are still available in our stocks (a very few number of copies for each of them). Please contact us for more info via a PM here !

Do not hesitate to talk about this offer around you :)

Movie Style has already opened a few days ago !

www.mov-style.fr/en/

Last edited by a moderator:
Received another large batch of the hard plastic protective sleeves for G2 steels from Movie Style.

The sleeves are very good for steelbooks and I highly recommend them.

:thumbs:

Reactions: bidou
Just want to say a big thank you to Bidou and the people at Movie Style!

Great packaging and ultra fast shipping! Will definitely shop there again!

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Great news on the new improved protective slips bidou :thumbs:

Any idea when they'll be available to order and what the prices will be?

Thank you very much mate :)
Nothing is more important to me than the customer's satisfaction. So I couldn't do anything else than poring over everyone's wishes ;)

The manufacturing process is quite long for these slipcovers (due to the quantity ordered), so I think I will have them in about 5 weeks - which will be just one week before my holidays :ohno:

The price will likely remain the same. Perhaps a few cents more due to the new size (Steelcases), but not that much :thumbs:

Thanks for your interest !

Thank you very much mate :)
Nothing is more important to me than the customer's satisfaction. So I couldn't do anything else than poring over everyone's wishes ;)

The manufacturing process is quite long for these slipcovers (due to the quantity ordered), so I think I will have them in about 5 weeks - which will be just one week before my holidays :ohno:

The price will likely remain the same. Perhaps a few cents more due to the new size (Steelcases), but not that much :thumbs:

Thanks for your interest !

Cheers for the info bidou, I'm looking forward to them and will put an order in as soon as they are available. :D

In regard to the slipcases, JC has asked for opinions, listened to his customer base and come up trumps.

Good, old fashioned,Customer service! :oohyeah:

I agree with a lof of people here: Excellent service from movie-style !

I'm also waiting for the new G2 slipcases - will you (Bidou) let us know
when they are ready to order "here".

Thx.

I agree with a lof of people here: Excellent service from movie-style !

I'm also waiting for the new G2 slipcases - will you (Bidou) let us know
when they are ready to order "here".

Thx.

Thank you very much for your words of encouragement ! Greatly appreciated :)
The G2 slipcases (and protections for Metal Slipcases) will be available in the beginning of August :thumbs:

People will receive a newsletter once it is available, and I will post it here too ;)

Hi bidou! Can you tell me what will be new on the slipcases?

Of course, mate ;)

We received a lot of feedbacks and comments about this product, so we have been able to improve these Protective Slipcases. We pored over each recommendation, each advice and each wish expressed by our customers.

Most of you want to protect your whole Steelbook™ collection, even the sealed ones. The new batch of Protective Slipcases will be a little taller (1mm) and larger (0.5mm) in order to fit perfectly every sealed Steelbook™. The J-cards and the partial slipcovers won't be a problem. The same will go for the lenticular covers. Of course, they will still fit very well the unsealed steelbooks too ;)

The back of the Slipcases will also be aesthetically improved. It will look much cleaner thanks to the attachment flange stuck on the upper side. The Steelbooks™ will also be perfectly protected when slided in and out of the Slipase thanks to this new technique.

We also have decided to improve the practicality of these Protective Slipcases by adding a second semi-circle to facilitate the recovery of the Steelbook™.

At last, we are happy to announce the creation of a new "size" of Protective Slipcases. Made on the same model as these new G2 Slipcases, we will also offer Protective Slipcases for the Metal Slipcases !

Since a concrete example is worth more than a longspeech, here are the pictures of this new product, which will be available at the same time as the new G2-sized Protective Slipcase :

The new G2 Protective Slipcases and the new Steelcases Protective Slipcases are back in stock :thumbs:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPECIAL OFFER
FR.gif
Tintin : The Secret of the Unicorn (sealed/mint) - Auchan exclusive - 20 € + exact shipping cost - (5 copies)

Last edited: