[Ninja Week 2014 Giveaway] HDN Exclusive #1 7 Psychopaths & Zavvi Thor 2 Steelbooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

jammyone

Slurped Ninja
Premium Supporter
Mar 28, 2012
Sheffield UK
Competition Now Closed

Winners
Winners chosen via random.org

Winner of the HDN Exclusive #1 Seven Psychopaths Steelbook

3k12.jpg

BradG1984

Winner of the Zavvi Thor The Dark World Steelbook

avcc.jpg

wayne71

Congratulations and I will PM you both for your address

[Ninja Week 2014 Giveaway] -

First Prize
My own personal copy of the HDN Exclusive #1 Seven Psychopaths Steelbook (No. 191, see the picture below for the full contents), this is sealed and in excellent condition with no damage as far as I can tell without actually opening it.

This will be dispatched very well packed as soon as possible to the winner

Second Prize
The Zavvi Thor The Dark World Steelbook.

This will be dispatched when I receive my ordered copy from Zavvi and I've had chance to check it for damage.

Pictures
0mn0.jpg

o983.jpg

Rules
Contest ends Sunday 4.00PM GMT
Winners will be announced by 4.00PM GMT Monday
Only one entry per person
Winners will be chosen via random.org
Postage world wide, I will include up to £15 worth of P&P for each prize.

To Enter
My pet hate with films is the dreaded 12A rating because studios tone and dumb films down to get this rating so films aren't always as good as they could be.

So to win tell me what films you think are the worst victims of this 12A toning down.

Last edited:
World War Z. I was personally very disappointed with many elements of it, but it was still a decent movie.

Thank you for the giveaway!

Thanks for the giveaway.

I gotta go for The Hunger Games. Its kinda the same premise as the vastly superior Battle Royale, but with much less blood, gore and nasty kills!
Obviously catering to young teens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just saw pompeii and it seemed like it was really toned down due to its PG-13 rating def should have been rated R

i'll agree with just about everyone else here and say Hunger Games...even though I still very much like the movies the way they are.

I would have to say Hunger Games Catching Fire, and that i believe 12A certainly doesn't achieve anything its set out to do.

Thanks for the giveaway :)

I remember reading at the time about die hard 5 and didn't go to the cinema to see it. Decided to wait for the blu ray. This is the article.

Here’s that full BBFC explanation of what merits a 12A for this film:

A Good Day To Die Hard is the fifth film in the Die Hard action franchise starring Bruce Willis as New York City cop John McClane. In this film McClane travels to Russia and joins forces with his son to foil a nuclear weapons heist. It is rated 12A for strong language and violence.

The film contains four uses of strong language (‘f**k’) and a partial use of ‘motherf***er’, the end of which has been cut short so the implied strong language is not heard in full.

Against a backdrop of explosions, car chases and the destruction of property, there are a number of scenes featuring shootings which occasionally show brief bullet impacts, but there is no focus on blood or injury. In scenes of hand-to-hand combat we see brief punches and kicks, impressionistic rifle butt blows and an implied, but unseen, neck break. Although there are some crunchy sound effects and incidental shots of the heroes with blood on their faces and clothes, no detail of injury is shown.

A Good Day To Die Hard also includes scenes of gun threat to the head and several brief shots of knife-blades as the heroes prepare to defend themselves. There are also passing references to ‘doing drugs’ and some mild innuendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.