North by Northwest - 65th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Ultimate Collector's Edition) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: TBA
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - WB Shop UK
Price: £44.99

North by Northwest.jpeg

Last edited:
Celebrate 65 years of Alfred Hitchcock's legendary North by Northwest with a brand new 4K restoration and Ultimate Collector's Edition featuring a Steelbook with new key art, theatrical poster lenticular, and other vintage premiums.

All Artwork Subject To Change

Features In-Pack:

• Film on 4K Ultra HD and Blu-Ray
  • Steelbook (Artwork TBC)
  • Rigid Slipcase with Detachable Lenticular (Artwork TBC)
  • Matchbox Capacity Envelope
Paper Premiums:

• A3 Double-Sided Vintage Poster
  • Double-Sided Vintage Art Card
  • Double-Sided Vintage Bookmark
  • 3x Double-Sided BTS Art Cards
  • 40 Page Booklet
On-Disc Special Features

4K:

• TBC
BD:

• Commentary by Screenwriter Ernest Lehman
  • New 2009 Documentary Reveals The Master's Touch: Hitchcock's Signature Style
  • Explore in Depth the Movie's Innovations and Influences in the New North by Northwest: One for the Ages
  • Vintage 2000 Documentary Destination Hitchcock: The Making of North by Northwest
  • Stills Gallery
  • Theatrical Trailers & TV Spot

Everything is double-sided now, so it's 1+1+3 cards.
Something 'detachable' - wonder how it'll stick on...

Everything is double-sided now, so it's 1+1+3 cards.
Something 'detachable' - wonder how it'll stick on...
Yeah, I wondered how a detachable lenticular on the cardboard slipcase would work. Do they mean detaching it won't cause the slipcase any damage but then you can't reapply it. Not reusable.

Yeah, I wondered how a detachable lenticular on the cardboard slipcase would work. Do they mean detaching it won't cause the slipcase any damage but then you can't reapply it. Not reusable.
I expect it'll have a proper mechanism, like it'll be a slot on the side and that yellow square section in the middle will slide out, or similar. It won't be stuck down, so you have to carefully remove it and have it loose. That's too much to expect of joe public not to damage and return their sets lol either that, or it'll actually be a loose lenticular, which should be worded better..

Reactions: TheWildEye
I expect it'll have a proper mechanism, like it'll be a slot on the side and that yellow square section in the middle will slide out, or similar. It won't be stuck down, so you have to carefully remove it and have it loose. That's too much to expect of joe public not to damage and return their sets lol either that, or it'll actually be a loose lenticular, which should be worded better tbh

Maybe they finally managed to create magnetic cardboard. :D

Maybe they finally managed to create magnetic cardboard. :D
I mean, that would be my preference tbh. Obviously not actual magnetic cardboard lol but you could easily have a magnetic layer (like on the back of lenti magnets) sandwiched between 2 walls of card on the front, and for the lenti to be a lenti magnet. I doubt it, or they'd likely say magnetic lenti, but who knows.

According to the photo and description, the Ultimate Collector's Edition does not contain . . . any discs.

But I am looking forward to that Double-sided Vintage Bookmark and the Capacity Envelope.

I've still got the original steelbook, but this is one of my favourite films. Still, £45 for 4K releases is a bit much even with a slipbox and extras when the regular 4K release will be probably be £10-15 3 months after release.