Official MMA Thread!

Horhay

ホルヘ
Jan 27, 2009
San Pedro, CA
Yes, I think it's about time I start this! :scat: Place all info relating to MMA in this thread!

UFCLogo.jpg

wec_logo_3.jpg

strikeforce_logo15.gif

Last edited:
Hey I've watched UFC for a long time and many years ago the Diaz brothers were a big deal on the quiet I think Conor was getting into the business watching them very similar styles. They could have been big champions but problems with attitudes and drugs affected their careers.

It's been a long time since either brother fought but on the quiet I still think Nate will be a tough opponent as they were lucky enough to have natural talent. Have a watch on youtube some old clips of them.

I just really hope Conor doesn't underestimate Nate, it could go either way that Conor takes him out quick or it will be tough fight. I am a lot more worried about the original match than Dos Anjos, you watch the PPV money fly, lol

Thanx,Yeah I'll have to check some of those old fights out on YouTube....to be honest I hadn't heard of them but I am recently new to this and I know you have followed it for some time.

I don't know where you are in the world but are all these fights on PPV?I get them as part of my sports package,the hardest thing for me is staying up during the night to see them,I do record them just incase but ya can't beat live sport!

I am paying extra tomorrow night on PPV to watch our own Carl Frampton fight(boxing)

Reactions: Flash
Thanx,Yeah I'll have to check some of those old fights out on YouTube....to be honest I hadn't heard of them but I am recently new to this and I know you have followed it for some time.

I don't know where you are in the world but are all these fights on PPV?I get them as part of my sports package,the hardest thing for me is staying up during the night to see them,I do record them just incase but ya can't beat live sport!

I am paying extra tomorrow night on PPV to watch our own Carl Frampton fight(boxing)

Yeah it can be hard I'm a WWE fan also so having to stay up to watch PPVs is not uncommon agreed nothing beats it seeing it live even half asleep lol

Yes should be a good fight tomoz I think Frampton has got it. (Hopefully)

I am also hoping with UFC that Bisping can pull off the fight against Silva not going to happen but Bisping is a top guy (met him)

Reactions: EdNorton
Yeah it can be hard I'm a WWE fan also so having to stay up to watch PPVs is not uncommon agreed nothing beats it seeing it live even half asleep lol

Yes should be a good fight tomoz I think Frampton has got it. (Hopefully)

I am also hoping with UFC that Bisping can pull off the fight against Silva not going to happen but Bisping is a top guy (met him)

Here's hoping your right Flash.:)

What a night for great victories
Win for Frampton and Bisping beats Silva in UFC

You see it @EdNorton? :)

I watched the boxing Flash,it wasn't a very good fight but I was delighted with Frampton's deserved win....not sure what fight one of the refs was watching.

I was planning on turning over after that to watch UFC and for some reason that wasn't on BT Sport so that was that....you happy with that result?

Not long now to McGregor.....fingers crossed for that one.

I watched the boxing Flash,it wasn't a very good fight but I was delighted with Frampton's deserved win....not sure what fight one of the refs was watching.

I was planning on turning over after that to watch UFC and for some reason that wasn't on BT Sport so that was that....you happy with that result?

Not long now to McGregor.....fingers crossed for that one.

I am bit concerned as I said about the mcgregor fight now. I would be less so if he hadn't had to put on all that weight for his original fight so I think he may be slower and watching the press conference, have you seen it? I hope he's not getting caught up in an ego battle than just doing what he does best. Hmmm will just have to see. Yes I was happy for Michael top bloke I can't stand Silva so arrogant and I thought you idiot no one said the fight is over and they had to drag him back down.

I am bit concerned as I said about the mcgregor fight now. I would be less so if he hadn't had to put on all that weight for his original fight so I think he may be slower and watching the press conference, have you seen it? I hope he's not getting caught up in an ego battle than just doing what he does best. Hmmm will just have to see. Yes I was happy for Michael top bloke I can't stand Silva so arrogant and I thought you idiot no one said the fight is over and they had to drag him back down.

I haven't seen the press conference Flash,I don't know anything about the other guy but I am still confident he will win....he's a great fighter.
Have you ever seen McGregor's documentary?I only caught the last episode or two on TV but it was very good,I'll have to see if it's on YouTube and try and see all of it.

I haven't seen the press conference Flash,I don't know anything about the other guy but I am still confident he will win....he's a great fighter.
Have you ever seen McGregor's documentary?I only caught the last episode or two on TV but it was very good,I'll have to see if it's on YouTube and try and see all of it.

Yeah i got a boxset that has the one off documentary and then there was a wee series following him around, its pretty good. I would as i said advise looking at the diaz brothers early stuff on youtube, they were very similar in spriit and style to McGregor before he was McGregor lol

i am still hopeful that too much time has passed since Nate fought and that Conor's head is in the game and it should be good fight.

The hype has been huge now and I'm really hoping with the extra weight and all the press and fighting that Conor has his mind on the fight lol

I'm sure he will Flash.....looking forward to it and the Holm and Tate fight as well,going to have to set my alarm to get up about 3am to watch it.:wacky::coffee:

Sadly I called it. I had a feeling as I said that Conor would lose. I told you Diaz is good and I think Conor put on too much weight and was pretty slow and sadly as I also said he clearly got caught up in everything. His game plan went out of the window and it became a brawl and in a brawl Nate was always going to win. I've very disappointed as I am a big Mcgregor fan but that was bad fight.

Glad Miesha won though again predicted that Holly's win over Ronda was a fluke, she was rotten in this fight and Miesha dominated the fight and glad she won. I dont know why Ronda did take it to the ground. However I can also see Ronda vs Miesha again and Ronda winning again as she's beaten her before. Considering how often Ronda had to defend and then Hollys first defence and she was bit rubbish, odd.

Very disappointed for Conor. But hopefully he will bounce back, he looked a bit broken afterward suddenly the wee lad from Ireland was standing in the ring again a bit lost. He needs to feel himself again I think he's been a bit lost in the hype and money etc.' He didn't look confident coming to the ring first time in a long time. I think he wold she beat Dos Anjos but I had a feeling he would lose to Nate. He needs to lose the weight again, it was too much for him fighting someone at 170 is huge :(

Last edited:
Sadly I called it. I had a feeling as I said that Conor would lose. I told you Diaz is good and I think Conor put on too much weight and was pretty slow and sadly as I also said he clearly got caught up in everything. His game plan went out of the window and it became a brawl and in a brawl Nate was always going to win. I've very disappointed as I am a big Mcgregor fan but that was bad fight.

Glad Miesha won though again predicted that Holly's win over Ronda was a fluke, she was rotten in this fight and Miesha dominated the fight and glad she won. I dont know why Ronda did take it to the ground. However I can also see Ronda vs Miesha again and Ronda winning again as she's beaten her before. Considering how often Ronda had to defend and then Hollys first defence and she was bit rubbish, odd.

Very disappointed for Conor. But hopefully he will bounce back, he looked a bit broken afterward suddenly the wee lad from Ireland was standing in the ring again a bit lost. He needs to feel himself again I think he's been a bit lost in the hype and money etc.' He didn't look confident coming to the ring first time in a long time. I think he wold she beat Dos Anjos but I had a feeling he would lose to Nate. He needs to lose the weight again, it was too much for him fighting someone at 170 is huge :(

Yes you did indeed call it Flash,I thought Conor had him early on too,with that cut I said to myself this won't last much longer...well I was right about that but not in the way I thought...once Diaz caught him in the second then McGregor never recovered,not the result I wanted either but that and the Tate bouts were two good fights with results that took me by surprise....can only be good for the sport I guess.

I just heard this and I think it's a mistake it could significantly affect Mcgregors career, after such a loss he should be fighting maybe frankie Edgar or Aldo again people he could beat. Diaz is so unpredictable.

I'm very concerned about this I've been a huge mcgregor fan for years so I really hope this time he doesn't take Diaz so lightly and I hope for him and as a fan of his I hope he can beat him this time as another loss would be hard to come back from and he is one of the most entertaining fighters to join UFC in 10 years.

I am pretty appalled by the UFC's support of Jon Jones, many people have been let go for a lot less than what he's been involved in. He violated probation and shouldn't be fighting as if nothing happened.

Last edited:
It is risky @Flash your right,if McGregor was to lose the re-match then where would he go from there?that would more than likely be the end of him.

I think it's safe to assume that he won't underestimate Diaz this time and will be better prepared so all being well we will see the result we want this time.:)

It is risky @Flash your right,if McGregor was to lose the re-match then where would he go from there?that would more than likely be the end of him.

I think it's safe to assume that he won't underestimate Diaz this time and will be better prepared so all being well we will see the result we want this time.:)

I really think he should have have fought some he could beat to build confidence back. It can be timing and who you fight. for example Meisha Tate couldn't beat Ronda but when Ronda (total set up) mysteriously lost to Holly (who?) I knew that then when they fought Miesha would win which she did. Holly has turned down Cyborg as she knows she would lose and then two losses that's it. I really think after such a great rise Mcgregor should really be careful he can beat Diaz this time. I mean maybe the first fight was a suprise although I called it and this time Dana has paid Diaz a huge amount to then take a fall against Mcgregor who knows?

I really think he should have have fought some he could beat to build confidence back. It can be timing and who you fight. for example Meisha Tate couldn't beat Ronda but when Ronda (total set up) mysteriously lost to Holly (who?) I knew that then when they fought Miesha would win which she did. Holly has turned down Cyborg as she knows she would lose and then two losses that's it. I really think after such a great rise Mcgregor should really be careful he can beat Diaz this time. I mean maybe the first fight was a suprise although I called it and this time Dana has paid Diaz a huge amount to then take a fall against Mcgregor who knows?

I agree @Flash fighting an easier opponent would have seemed the way to go....that situation does generally happen after a loss but I guess the money on the table was too much for them to turn down.

McGregor out of UFC 200

Rumours of retirement.

You'll not like to hear that @Flash

http://www.skysports.com/share/10250709

I am not surprised by this. As I sadly said to you at the time he made a big mistake in taking the fight with Diaz. I knew he would lose and it has clearly affected him which I can understand. Yes people can say if you can beat the best but if everyone is honest in many sports if you happen to get the lesser opponent and you are champion no one cares how you did it. Particularly in boxing for example Klitschko who I personally still love was champion for so long because to be honest he fought no one. The same could be said for Floyd Mayweather only real notable fight in years was him against Pacman but the fight was five years too late.

In football if you get the luck of the draw and get lesser opponents to any final you don't care you got to the final.

So many people in the UFC particularly choose their fights very wisely against people they think they can beat. Miesha Tate couldn't beat Rousey but then easily beat Holly Holm for the title.

I think had the original fight gone as planned with Conor he would have won then for it to get changed last minute and coming against someone as similar as him in Diaz I knew he was going to lose. He had put on too much weight and hyped himself to oblivion. He should have said no if he's pulled out I will weight for him to be fit as many a fighter have done before. The loss has hit him hard and his credibility and I was amazed to hear he was to fight him again. The problem is he was doing incredible the way he beat Aldo was amazing but in any sport it's hard to undo a defeat like that. His unstoppable mantra has disappeared and I honestly don't know where he goes from here his confidence must be shot. Dana White must be struggling as he was the first real 'global star' for a long time in the UFC to really stand out. Rousey was the other but she fought and fought defending her title and I think the Holm fight was rigged. Then they promote this great new champion who loses it first time out and Miesha won.

It's a strange ol' game but this news doesn't surprise me he has taken a lot of stick online for the loss and don't know if he has the desire to continue.

Maybe a break would be the best thing for him.