On Air Once Upon a Time (Season 4) [ABC]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
10649526_711054892283341_1892351677785735300_n.jpg

The stories you grew up with are true. The residents of Storybrooke are living proof...

Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz (Lost, Tron:Legacy) invite you to a bold new vision of the world where fairytales and the modern day are about to collide.

Emma Swan (Jennifer Morrison) knows how to take care of herself. She's a 28-year-old bail bonds collector who's been on her own ever since she was abandoned as a baby. But when the son she gave up years ago finds her, everything will change. Henry (Jared Gilmore) is 10 years old now and in desperate need of Emma's help. Henry believes that Emma actually comes from an alternate world ... and is Prince Charming (Josh Dallas) and Snow White's (Ginnifer Goodwin) missing daughter. According to his book of fairytales, they sent her away to protect her from the Evil Queen's (Lana Parilla) curse, which trapped the fairytale world forever, frozen in time. Of course Emma doesn't believe a word, but when she brings Henry back to Storybrooke, she finds herself drawn to this unusual boy and his strange New England town. Concerned for Henry, she decides to stay for a while, but she soon suspects that Storybrooke is more than it seems. It's a place where magic has been forgotten, but is still powerfully close ... where fairytale characters are alive, even though they don't remember who they once were – including the Evil Queen who is now Henry's foster mother. The epic battle for the future of all worlds is beginning, but for good to win, Emma will have to accept her destiny and fight like hell.

Brace yourself for a modern fable with thrilling twists and hints of darkness. Brimming with wonder, and filled with the magic of our most beloved fairytales, Once Upon A Time is a fitting follow up to Lost from two master storytellers.

Attachments

• Once-Upon-a-Time.jpg
    Once-Upon-a-Time.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 177
Last edited by a moderator:
Oops, didn't realize it was season 4 already, i'll have to update it a bit.

Anybody feel free to tell me when shows they like have a new season starting, by posting in that shows thread, as i can't keep up on every thread for every show, by myself.

Reactions: kaw
S04e01 got so much negative feedback and I cannot see why. I loved it, I thought it was charming and well within both the established feel of OUAT AND Frozen.

Can't wait for episode 2. I thought Season 3 was dreary, but this Frozen storyline has supercharged it! :)

I binged watched the series so I could watch season 4, here's my lil opinion/review

S1, 8/10
Great plot, great build up, great main and side character setups/filler eps, well paced mystery revealing and teasing and awesome final episodes when curse finally break and everyone gets their memories back.

S2 9/10
Finally Emma believes, story can now move forward, good character development for Snow and Emma, even better for Regina and Rumple, bouncing their good X evil. Although it ends pretty weak with the outsider subplot that carries over to S3. I just didn't think they were interesting at all.

S3 8/10
I've got a bunch of issues with this season, there were bad filler plots that rehashes problems that really adds nothing to the story such as Snow wanting Medusa's head to kill Regina, Prince Charming's fear complex, wasted use of Ariel and Rapunzel roles.

Pan wasn't very intimidating, throughout the plot we're reminded how Pan is much more powerful than Rumple but all we get of him really is being a taunting little bastard. I mean Rumple and Regina in their past lives showed them killing many many people, Pan just teases them, there wasnt even any much face-offs. Really? Although the twist reveal was great, awesome Rumple development.

Then comes Wicked, Regina development (yeah by this point, its just Regina/Rumple show). As oppose to Pan's 'evilness', Zelena showed more strength with multiple face-offs, battles and kills. However, it does end on a weird note with some BackToTheFuture subplot.

S4 ?/10
I feel manipulated because of Frozen shoehorned into the series. So far im somewhat liking it. Anna's character is pretty spot on, shes super quirky and talk too much, its awesome and all the little fanservice here and there. However one major flaw for me is Elsa, the fact that this is "SUPPOSE" to be based after Frozen, for some reason Elsa can't control her power, not even very well and some out of character moments like closing off Storybooke with icewall. Pretty evil of her, Elsa would never do that? Although I am super intrigued with the plot and the potential Elsa VS Snow Queen.

Overall, consider me a Once Upon a Time Fan :D

I love this show, even when it's not so good, love the cast, love Frozen, my kids love the show, everyone seems to be loving it again this season, but I'm feeling a bit underwhelmed by the story so far.