Purchase links: Zavvi

Winner:

ogf.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 298
Last edited by a moderator:
^ Lol sorry to laugh redlemon but your opening gambit was too funny :D .
Come on though you gotta admit the back is kind of unique looking - you don't see that sort of art everyday on a steelbook, and I like the way he incorporated the dragon into it. I'm kind of intrigued to see actual pictures of it :movie:

Unique is definitely one way of describing it I could think of a few others.:p

I suppose it might not end up being that bad but was hoping for something like Zesty's design.

Too be honest Farewell My Concubine had butterfly's all over it and that's one of my fav steels if they did something similar with the flowers and dragon on this I think that would look cool.

You maybe right I'll reserve judgment until we get actual pics.:thumbs:

It's ugly :(
I'm cancelling that one.The bad artwork is doing me a favor.I was going to blind buy it but with Drive (too slow and boring) and a 6,0 rating on imdb.I'm not missing much :)

Unique is definitely one way of describing it I could think of a few others.:p

I suppose it might not end up being that bad but was hoping for something like Zesty's design.

Too be honest Farewell My Concubine had butterfly's all over it and that's one of my fav steels if they did something similar with the flowers and dragon on this I think that would look cool.

You maybe right I'll reserve judgment until we get actual pics.:thumbs:

I won't be pre ordering, gonna wait and see too :thumbs:

Even with gloss I can't see this looking that good. The front artwork just doesn't work for me. It didn't help that there were a lot of amazing artworks with vibrant neon colours. I think this is a let down in comparison to what I was expecting.

Exactly, the film exploded with bright neon colours. The theatrical posters had bright neon colours. The steelbooks gets bright....... No, scrap that. We get, another black matte steelbook :D

German mediabook it is. Maybe that'll be embossed :D

Reactions: lolwut
Really nice choice they went for, I expected something a little different and that's been delivered. Enjoyed the movie after repeated viewings and an easy pre order choice for me.

I'm surprised how butt hurt everyone is about the art work. I don't see how people could moan about this. The back is beautiful and the front is stunning.

Reactions: Bluprint
I'm surprised how butt hurt everyone is about the art work. I don't see how people could moan about this. The back is beautiful and the front is stunning.

I concur, it's something different and unique.

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

Just what I wanted I steelbook with fickin flowers all over it.:angry:

This could have been an absolute belter up there with Drive but we get this wtf.

Really wanted this to go with Drive and Place Beyond the Pines, I keep clicking on Zavvi's website trying to convince myself I like it, but end up closing the page shaking my head.

Can't see this selling out any time soon if it come down in price I may pick it up then.

What's wrong with the flowers on a steelbook?

Dude, I've been following this since the artwork was announced earlier today and I can easily say that more people have commented on how poor it looks compared to some of the entries that were posted to how good it looks. I agree that the back is nice. But the front???? Come on!!!! It's annoying when you have seen better designs thrown in front of you, thus we have the right to complain.
Also the steelbook community/collectors is/are pretty much a ninja so we know what we like!
And by that I dont mean others shouldn't buy them but I bet it's only a small percentage of non collectors actually realise what they are buying. The beauty that is steelbook.
Congrats to the person who won and some are gona love it some are gona hate it, I guarantee more people will hate than like in this case. Hell zavvis mock up with the ? Was better!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: lolwut and ETSC