Purchase links: Zavvi

Winner:

ogf.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 298
Last edited by a moderator:
Cancelled, it's an ugly steelbook considering how colorful, neon, and beautiful the other choices/posters/film is. Hopefully we get a slip with one of the theatrical posters.

:hilarious:

I've just read elsewhere that this artwork had already been submitted to another competition run by the website Little White Lies.

The competition was for an alternative theatrical poster for Only God Forgives and the closing date for the competition August 2nd this year so before the steelbook was announced.

The person who did the artwork has just recycled it to fit a steelbook rather than a poster.

Nicolas Refn also judged this competition too.

Little White Lies Only God Forgive Competition - link

Google image search for the entries to the competition - link

The 3rd image down on the right hand side

:hilarious:

I've just read elsewhere that this artwork had already been submitted to another competition run by the website Little White Lies.

The competition was for an alternative theatrical poster for Only God Forgives and the closing date for the competition August 2nd this year so before the steelbook was announced.

The person who did the artwork has just recycled it to fit a steelbook rather than a poster.

Nicolas Refn also judged this competition too.

Little White Lies Only God Forgive Competition - link

Google image search for the entries to the competition - link

The 3rd image down on the right hand side

If that was the comment from me on AVForums...I probably only posted that as I had entered my own design and was annoyed the winning design was not unique to the competition. Fair play to the winner, but it's a bit lazy re-appropriating your design like that in my opinion and it should have gone to one of the more unique designs...way too 'illustratorly'.

I cancelled my order last night. For the amaray too - I'll wait 'til it's a tenner and get the amaray most likely.

If that was the comment from me on AVForums...I probably only posted that as I had entered my own design and was annoyed the winning design was not unique to the competition. Fair play to the winner, but it's a bit lazy re-appropriating your design like that in my opinion and it should have gone to one of the more unique designs...way too 'illustratorly'.

I also agree that it should have gone to something completely original :thumbs:. I did see your post on AVF so googled it because I was intrigued thats all.

TBH I just found it strange that it could win this competition when it had been seen before in another Only God Forgives competition by the same judge (Refn). :wtf:

Last edited:
Even with gloss I can't see this looking that good. The front artwork just doesn't work for me. It didn't help that there were a lot of amazing artworks with vibrant neon colours. I think this is a let down in comparison to what I was expecting.

I think the artwork is nice, I've seen other entries that I like better but this one will do too. I think with gloss finish it wouldn't be as dark as the picture suggests and of course the back would look nice too. Imo, with the right finish this steelie might surprise us.