Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: TBA
Price: TBA

Note: From Manta Lab via Collectong

Dear Customers,

Happy CNY everyone! We are happy to announce the 2023 exclusive steelbook releases (Tentative). All releases from the list are not guaranteed. 2022 releases that were not released in 2022 may not release in 2023 due to issues from our distributor.

326787643_1285166488882234_2990381971228511755_n.jpg

Let's be honest here, this one had to „convince” cinemas to keep it on the run for almost two months (or more) to actually get those money...
I can't recall when other movie than the first Avatar stayed that long in cinemas, the only NOTABLE difference is that Avatar stayed FULL DAY in cinema, while this „masterpiece” only had one or two screenings on each cinema ... at least that's what happened here in Romania, Bucharest, and more notably in IMAX.
Just stating the facts, not looking for an argument or to start a dispute...
The Sound of Music played in theaters in America for 147 weeks. That's the current record I found. Avatar was in theaters for 54 weeks. So there's precedent for a film staying in circulation for a long time.

As for Oppenheimer, I can't speak for anything but what I know firsthand: the Dallas 70mm IMAX theater sold out really quickly every time they opened up more showings. It took me a while before I looked at the app at just the right time to get great seats.

Reactions: Felix_ro
Barbie and Mario have both done fantastically well, far better than Op actually, since Avatar. Nothing else really this year though after Indy 5, MI:7 & Fast X massively underperformed.

Reactions: yeslek and Felix_ro
The Sound of Music played in theaters in America for 147 weeks. That's the current record I found. Avatar was in theaters for 54 weeks. So there's precedent for a film staying in circulation for a long time.

As for Oppenheimer, I can't speak for anything but what I know firsthand: the Dallas 70mm IMAX theater sold out really quickly every time they opened up more showings. It took me a while before I looked at the app at just the right time to get great seats.
I was not on „movies at cinema state” when The Sound Of Music was on theaters, but I believe it stayed that long, because of the times and the theme of the movie put in that skillful way out...

Reactions: samdavies
Barbie and Mario have both done fantastically well, far better than Op actually, since Avatar. Nothing else really this year though after Indy 5, MI:7 & Fast X massively underperformed.
My opinion...
Indy 5 - crap
Fast X - double crap (or better said, Crap X :naughty:)
MI7 - little weak, especially following after the GREAT TRIO of Ghost, Rogue, and ESPECIALLY Fallout... REALLY HOPE will actually be better when completed with the „part 2”

Barbie IS GREAT, need to see it SEVERAL more times, but is no longer in cinemas here (despite coming after Oppenheimer, I believe)
Mario... well.. good popcorn movie... as it is said... way far from Lego and stuff where „Star Lord” voiced in.

Have I said it this is my opinion? :p

Reactions: samdavies
My opinion...
Indy 5 - crap
Fast X - double crap (or better said, Crap X :naughty:)
MI7 - little weak, especially following after the GREAT TRIO of Ghost, Rogue, and ESPECIALLY Fallout... REALLY HOPE will actually be better when completed with the „part 2”

Barbie IS GREAT, need to see it SEVERAL more times, but is no longer in cinemas here (despite coming after Oppenheimer, I believe)
Mario... well.. good popcorn movie... as it is said... way far from Lego and stuff where „Star Lord” voiced in.

Have I said it this is my opinion? :p
So you saw every movie this summer except Oppenheimer, and you decided to share your opinions on all those movies in a thread about Oppenheimer? ;)

After that nothing else this person says should be taken seriously, and that is my opinion. :naughty:
I don't think Barbie is a great movie, but I did like it and his take on Indy and MI aren't too far off. Indy is better than crap, but it wasn't very good either. MI was fun, but it's probably the first one I've been disappointed in since MI2. For the record I hated MI:1 and MI:2. Maybe I'd like them now, but at the time they didn't feel like MI at all. I know MI:3 gets some criticism, but it was the first one that felt like the old show (albeit on steroids). I've got no opinion on Fast X, since I didn't see it.

Hey you guys which ar mocking me about Barbie… I usually don’t use/
After that nothing else this person says should be taken seriously, and that is my opinion. :naughty:
Welcome to the inside of @Felix_ro's head.....
View attachment 564552

You guys... I believe you just prove my point....
Barbie is indeed not a movie for everyone... especially for those which actually judge something just by appearances (a book after its covers, as it is said)... you need real depth and strong nerves to admit Barbie is an excellent satire of the current (and not just) male-centrist society...

Yet, is good that you not just liked Oppenheimer, but even consider it a masterpiece... (oh those males and their wars and weapons)...

Anyway, I for one will not continue with this (whatever it is), cause it seems here, most of the time, is only mockery and harassment all the time, even between so called „friends”.... I will go back into my mind... as @leelee17 showed us it is in there... :naughty:

Reactions: Ranavalone
I don't think Barbie is a great movie, but I did like it and his take on Indy and MI aren't too far off. Indy is better than crap, but it wasn't very good either. MI was fun, but it's probably the first one I've been disappointed in since MI2. For the record I hated MI:1 and MI:2. Maybe I'd like them now, but at the time they didn't feel like MI at all. I know MI:3 gets some criticism, but it was the first one that felt like the old show (albeit on steroids). I've got no opinion on Fast X, since I didn't see it.
I liked M:I-7 better the second time, when I knew what to expect of it. But I consider Fallout the real finale of the series—the loose ends were tied up sufficiently for me at that point. M:I-7 feels like a fun but unnecessary victory lap, kind of a "what movie would we have made right from the start if we'd known everything we know now?" sort of thing. As for the first two in the series, I find them very charming for what they are. I actually enjoy the second one more and more every time. It's just so 110% committed to the goofiness that it is.

Look at me, babbling about M:I in an Oppenheimer thread. :)

the incredibles syndrome GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Steely-Booked
Hey you guys which ar mocking me about Barbie… I usually don’t use/

You guys... I believe you just prove my point....
Barbie is indeed not a movie for everyone... especially for those which actually judge something just by appearances (a book after its covers, as it is said)... you need real depth and strong nerves to admit Barbie is an excellent satire of the current (and not just) male-centrist society...

Yet, is good that you not just liked Oppenheimer, but even consider it a masterpiece... (oh those males and their wars and weapons)...

Anyway, I for one will not continue with this (whatever it is), cause it seems here, most of the time, is only mockery and harassment all the time, even between so called „friends”.... I will go back into my mind... as @leelee17 showed us it is in there... :naughty:
Don't worry about it.
It's just good natured banter. It's beneficial for mental health to be able to laugh at each other.
I'm sure it's all friendly fun.

And hey, I liked Barbie a lot as well, much more than I thought I would. :happy:

The Barbie banter has escaped the Barbieland thread and invaded Christopher Nolan's universe. Just to piss him off even more than ever. :LOL:

Anyway, I for one will not continue with this (whatever it is), cause it seems here, most of the time, is only mockery and harassment all the time, even between so called „friends”.... I will go back into my mind... as @leelee17 showed us it is in there...
No offence intended, @Felix_ro, just meant as light banter..
Taking the Mickey has always been a way of life around here and some of us just can't help ourselves!!

Yeah, we're just having fun, 'putting a Sandy Lyle all over our Chevy Chase'...
I'm a fan of M:i-2, Scream 3 and Jason X, so anything I say or like should be ignored! :D
I do believe you're giving Barbie too much credit, but people stare at splashes of paint and pretend to see something beautiful all the time, so whatever. :shipped:

P.S. Inside my head:
Feeling Myself Dancing GIF by FILMRISE