167.6 KB · Views: 838
  • panback.jpg
    panback.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 458
  • panslab.png
    panslab.png
    16.1 KB · Views: 448
Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm i'm not so sure about the artwork myself...

I still love the Italian steel version...but have the German one seen as its the 1st steel ever made :D

Wow, great artwork! I got the amaray for £5 a couple of months ago though...could I justify spending 3 times that on a steelbook? I'd like to see the spine/back/interior first methinks.

EDIT: oh I clicked the link...not too sure about the back, they should've put that on the inside instead! Hmm...

Reactions: Ataneruo
more artwork is now up at Zavvi. Not a bad image for the back but it is not at all complimentary to the superb front art. I'll still be getting this but it's a shame unless they come up with something better. It's as though they have one person in charge of the front art and another person selecting the back and the two never speak to each other!

Reactions: lolwut and Ataneruo
Personally I think this looks absolutely amazing! Please let there be no text. :LOL:

I have a 2 disc dvd special edition w/directors scetchbook and the Canadian steel and had originally no plans on another edition.

Well, there goes that plan out the window. This will be mine!

Love this artwork not seen the film so a blind buy for me at £14.99.

keep the full size pic with no title/a film by GDT name or rating/studio at the bottom that's the best bet imo it will look sweet.

Definitely! Very please there is no text on the front cover.
Looks amazing, and does not need to be spoiled by a title. :D

lets hope it stays at 4k this time instead of zavvi changing it willy-nilly as they please.

As for the back cover i'm not the biggest fan I do hope they change it i'm not sure how many people would agree with me though.

Front great, with slip great, price fine at £14.99, inside?

Reactions: Ataneruo
You've got to be kidding me.

#1 - I am extremely surprised that artwork got approved, since it's more of a drawing than actual movie image. It's not a bad looking pic, but once again, NO TITLE? The title is the brand! Pan's Labyrinth is an awesome title. Put it on the cover. Jeez. And... although it's not an awful pic, the German cover image or some variation of it is much more appropriate.

#2 - I cannot believe the back is gonna be that ugly beast. It might have been a tense scene in the movie, but it it was also a really small part, and it shouldn't take up the entire back cover of the steelbook. This movie is lush with scenery/backdrops/mystical characters. Better options could have been chosen.

#3 - Disappointed to see that this is another Studio Canal release, since they'll probably Region B lock it.

Ah.. :( .... I think this is a missed opportunity to capture the art of this film correctly. Man what a bummer.