167.6 KB · Views: 840
  • panback.jpg
    panback.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 462
  • panslab.png
    panslab.png
    16.1 KB · Views: 450
Last edited by a moderator:
Back art really doesn't tie in with the front at all - shame, I was going to buy this based on the front but as I've already got the deluxe boxset with the pop up art in it I think I'll leave this.

Reactions: Ataneruo
I disagree with #1
But #2 has some merit.
As for #3 that might be a strange choice if it's locked as zavvi does have more than region B customers there kind of tying one hand behind there back in regards to our u.s friends.

AWESOME!!!!! EEK! Couldn't wait to place the order (even it's B locked...:D) one minor thing is, I just don't think the back art goes really well with the cover, it should be the same illustration style... but either way, it looks awesome!!! :)

Last edited:
Front is gorgeous. Back is unrelated to the front and is ugly as hell :(

amen to that.

---------- Post added at 07:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

The image used for the front should be the back and artwork from the German version should be the front. Very disappointing as it is.

Yes I agree Snooloui. This cover image would look perrrrrfect on the back.

Quite a few recent titles seem to have been put together with little thought to the overall artistic impression. Some look as though they've taken the front and rear art from two separate steelbooks and chucked them together with their eyes closed. This is one of those but I'm willing to overlook it for that lovely front artwork.

I think the front looks good and i like the Style (not sure how to call it??? Comic possibly!
And i would probably not open this one as i have my german Steelbook to watch the movie ;-)
And with that said, i do not think the back art is that bad... as i would possibly NEVER see it at all :hilarious:

I actually really really like the artwork, but

imagine the current front as a back art, and a real picture/poster from the movie as the front?

Awesome Front Artwork On This.

Slight Disappointment With The Back Artwork Due To That The SteelBook Isn't Consistent. It'll Be Near-Perfect If The Back Artwork Was Amended To A Drawing/Comic. :/

Due To That I've Not Purchased Any Version Of This, It'll Be A 'Buy' Here. :)

Reactions: Ataneruo and Hooch
You've got to be kidding me.

I am extremely surprised that artwork got approved, since it's more of a drawing than actual movie image.

I think this is a missed opportunity to capture the art of this film correctly. Man what a bummer.

There's some interesting history behind this cover image, as it was the rejected art for the UK one-sheet poster designed by Drew Struzan, who did the iconic poster for the 1982 version of 'The Thing' and couple of the Indiana Jones movies. The design was discarded by studio execs, who opted for the more familiar 'gateway' artwork, and who explained they didn't use it because "it looks too much like art."

It was used for the cover of the soundtrack album, but some people will be very pleased to see Struzan's painting finally being used to sell the film.

The details:

http://www.filmonpaper.com/posters/pans-labyrinth-one-sheet-special-uk/