Paramount Wave (Blu-ray MetalPaks)(Walmart Exclusive) [USA]

Oct 22, 2011
So a member on BD forum posted this in the hot deals forum his name is kaye
Does anyone her have any info on

Hey everyone, just wanted to let yall know that next week Walmart (should be most if not all) will be setting a new mod for some steelbooks. I'm not sure how many titles we will be getting,I'll have the full list either sat or sun, but I'll post any new ones we get till then. Here's the ones that came in today, the price for all of them so far is $12.96.

MI-I
MI-Ghost Protocol
Transformers 1
Transformers 2
Deep Impact
Saving Private Ryan
The Godfather
War of the Worlds
The Hunt for Red October
Patriot Games

Thanks to White Rat for posting pictures.
IMG_20130430_085104.jpg

IMG_20130430_085202.jpg

IMG_20130430_085220.jpg

IMG_20130430_085231.jpg

IMG_20130430_085303.jpg

IMG_20130430_085055.jpg

IMG_20130430_085249.jpg

IMG_20130430_085042.jpg

IMG_20130430_085211.jpg

Thanks to snooloui for posting pics of the spines:

View attachment 32740

Last edited by a moderator:
Paramount produces the highest quality of steels IMO. Hopefully thats a standard for them regardless of price. But now i think about it, Paramont released a wave of catalog titles at Media Markt Germany and they didnt have inside art or embossing and were matte. So I guess we should expect something like that from this possible wave in the US?

Reactions: gaeljet
We'll know more when the member at br.com or Wreck can get the full list Sat. or Sun. I'm scared to see how many there are and how big the display will be. God for $12.96 that is a bit high for catalog titles imo. Nice to see WM getting more exclusives. I would get them ASAP because I have seen how people treat movies at my WM. Throw them in the bins are shove them so hard into the displays it damages the cases. I can see a bunch of kids man handling them and putting dents into them.

I would get them ASAP because I have seen how people treat movies at my WM. Throw them in the bins are shove them so hard into the displays it damages the cases. I can see a bunch of kids man handling them and putting dents into them.

That is so true. I was impossible to find a copy of a resident evil steel in good condition from walmart, resellers and collectors. I just have to live with a couple of dings in my copies.

So yes when they put these out, I will be the first there to get the ones I want. Maybe even before they put em on the shelves from a 24hr Walmart :D

If this info true then on the one hand I want these to be inferior to the Play.com versions, on the other I can't be the only one that's sick of crappy Steelbook re-releases in the USA. That said if they are similar to the German wave from a few months ago, then I don't think they'll be too bad at all as they actually had some really great artwork.

Being $12.96 imo has nothing to do with quality when it comes to paramount, i mean, have they ever released a bad steel...?

Just look at the play excl. SB's, they were £10.99 and top top quality : Iron Man, Top Gun etc...

Also good to see that the USA are getting a few rather than another UK or EU wave...

MI-Ghost Protocol is a good quality steel release IMO...I'm interested in what Paramount US will produce for this wave, quality wise :movie: