Paramount Wave (Blu-ray MetalPaks)(Walmart Exclusive) [USA]

Oct 22, 2011
So a member on BD forum posted this in the hot deals forum his name is kaye
Does anyone her have any info on

Hey everyone, just wanted to let yall know that next week Walmart (should be most if not all) will be setting a new mod for some steelbooks. I'm not sure how many titles we will be getting,I'll have the full list either sat or sun, but I'll post any new ones we get till then. Here's the ones that came in today, the price for all of them so far is $12.96.

MI-I
MI-Ghost Protocol
Transformers 1
Transformers 2
Deep Impact
Saving Private Ryan
The Godfather
War of the Worlds
The Hunt for Red October
Patriot Games

Thanks to White Rat for posting pictures.
IMG_20130430_085104.jpg

IMG_20130430_085202.jpg

IMG_20130430_085220.jpg

IMG_20130430_085231.jpg

IMG_20130430_085303.jpg

IMG_20130430_085055.jpg

IMG_20130430_085249.jpg

IMG_20130430_085042.jpg

IMG_20130430_085211.jpg

Thanks to snooloui for posting pics of the spines:

View attachment 32740

Last edited by a moderator:
MI-Ghost Protocol is a good quality steel release IMO...I'm interested in what Paramount US will produce for this wave, quality wise :movie:

Given the last one I recall from them being TF2 in Canada, besides the normal ones we think as "holy grails" from the early days of Future Shop, it is very interesting to see if they

a) understand collectors and make an attempt at a great wave
b) or are drinking the kool-aid and think that any old release with matte finish will do.

i don't get some posts, do you already know the arts?

if there only were "already released" titles i would assume that you think it' ll be re released steels
but there is deep impact, which has never been released anywhere [and also" The Hunt for Red October"and "Patriot Games" if i 'm not wrong ]so they might all be unique steels

if that's the case, wouldn't it be better to wait and see the art(s) for the steel(s) you want before saying you 'll purchase this and that? :/

i don't get some posts, do you already know the arts?

if there only were "already released" titles i would assume that you think it' ll be re released steels
but there is deep impact, which has never been released anywhere [and also" The Hunt for Red October"and "Patriot Games" if i 'm not wrong ]so they might all be unique steels

if that's the case, wouldn't it be better to wait and see the art(s) for the steel(s) you want before saying you 'll purchase this and that? :/

Germany has already released HRO and PG in steel and nothing special about them, same art as usual - but you have to remember that until recently the USA market has been SO starved for steelbooks (we hardly see any, and it's not like very often we go into a store and there they are, on the shelves), that I think members are interested in any release, given the price.

Cost of an import, might be as low as $20 but as high as $60 for some USA members.

ok, but that's not my point,.
The steel's art does not matter? for me it does , a lot..lol

For a lot of people the artwork is not as big of a determining factor as it is for you.

To my point above, many will take whatever they can get - great art or not.

oh..ok i'm surprised
cause yes for me it's very very important,to the point that i rather having a nice stee(nice for me anyways)of a movie that i " enjoy" , than having a steel i don't like even it is for one of my favorite movies.

Not sure how valid this is...these are not listed on the Walmart site, but the WB release for 5/7 is listed for pre-order and will be available on 5/7 as well