Parasite (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Korea]

famagosta

Premium Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Milan, Italy
Release date: February 3, 2021
Purchase links: Nova Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Quarter Slip- Kimchi Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Quarter Slip - Plain Archive Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Quarter Slip (Pre-order on December 10 at 2 PM - Korea time)
Price: Full Slip A $50.99 (Nova) - $53.99 (Kimchi - PA) - Full Slip B $53.99 (Nova) - $55.99 (Kimchi - PA) - Quarter Slip $45.99 (Nova) - $48.99 (Kimchi - PA)
Notes: WEA - Full Slip A includes a 60-page essay book - Full Slip B includes a 120-page photobook

2B0C36D4-C4AD-4697-9D27-42718C8D7FD2.jpegE2EDC24E-DFE0-43AE-9B4E-0223985441E5.jpeg39DFF2C3-0691-4088-A9BB-BEF200C83718.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I must say it really is kind of funny how you cry about it :LOL: it´s just a fakin slip lol.....I mean I understand your disappointment, but you pushing it a lot mate xD

Not really mate. We pay a high price for premiums. I expect premium slips. I’m allowed to show my disappointment. Especially when it’s something your really looking forward to and you have a image in your head of how great it can look. Sorry to hear that some you guys don’t have standards in premiums if I’m honest

Reactions: MajimaGoro
I really think both will be great in hand!

I mean cmon, when Plain is doing the textured paper on their slips (carol, rust and bone, midsummer fantasia etc) everyone thinks it's great but now it sucks?

I don’t own those but are they just textured or do they have more to it?
I personally can’t stand just one style of finish on a slip. Whether it’s fully textured or fully gloss etc. I’ve always vocalised that. I’ll always say it’s disappointing once we see pics or get them In hand. This isn’t a new thing from me. And I’ve never known plain to do a one style finish slip personally. I don’t own all their releases though.

Anyway it seems to only be me who annoyed so looks like everyone else just accepts it because it’s plain (who I personally think are great but have annoyed me this occasion - or whoever it is who’s in charge of how it’s turned out)

I personally can’t stand just one style of finish on a slip. Whether it’s fully textured or fully gloss etc. I’ve always vocalised that. I’ll always say it’s disappointing once we see pics or get them In hand. This isn’t a new thing from me. And I’ve never known plain to do a one style finish slip personally. I don’t own all their releases though.

Anyway it seems to only be me who annoyed so looks like everyone else just accepts it because it’s plain (who I personally think are great but have annoyed me this occasion - or whoever it is who’s in charge of how it’s turned out)
They are just textured, nothing else. They look great, however I just realised that they all have watercolor, dreamy art, so the finish fits that kind of style perfectly. Still think this will look good too, but I understand your frustration, especially if you expected something else.

I didn't have high expectations from the beginning because plain simply isn't the best in terms of finishes in my opinion. Kimchi could've made something incredible here. I'm happy enough though.

Reactions: Flloydo
Not really mate. We pay a high price for premiums. I expect premium slips. I’m allowed to show my disappointment. Especially when it’s something your really looking forward to and you have a image in your head of how great it can look. Sorry to hear that some you guys don’t have standards in premiums if I’m honest

Of course you are allowed, I didn´t say opposite, Im just saying its a bit funny that´s all :)

That´s exactly what always make disappointment even worse - the expectations, same is with films etc......always better to not expect anything.

I have standards in premiums, it´s just different to yours ;) I really agree with Noodles on this one, it looks great like this, he explained it why nicely in his post #214

Reactions: Noodles and Flloydo
full slip b looks much better in the video than on the instagram photo two pages before.. that gives me some hope as i went for that one instead of the white one.. these kind of artworks look quite boring to me..

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
They are just textured, nothing else. They look great, however I just realised that they all have watercolor, dreamy art, so the finish fits that kind of style perfectly. Still think this will look good too, but I understand your frustration, especially if you expected something else.

That’s fair enough. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen photos of them but I thought they might of had some kind cool finish on the titles or little pieces here and there. I know they like to do those lovely paint like messy titles and sometimes spot gloss them so I thought they might of included that. But again if I bought those and they turned up one style finish then I personally wouldn’t of been happy. All the steel slips I have from them have lovely finishes. And I don’t mean just spot gloss. The one that always gets me is their train to Busan illustrated purple-ish slip, it has so many cool styles of finish on it.

But yeah unfortunately I was expecting a bit more on this one. It is what it is. I’ll shut up now and just wait till I get it in hand, like i said I still love the art so hopefully it won’t be too bad in hand for me

Reactions: zeebeer
Of course you are allowed, I didn´t say opposite, Im just saying its a bit funny that´s all :)

That´s exactly what always make disappointment even worse - the expectations, same is with films etc......always better to not expect anything.

I have standards in premiums, it´s just different to yours ;) I really agree with Noodles on this one, it looks great like this, he explained it why nicely in his post #214
it definitely would have looked much better with spot gloss.. it doesnt look terrible without tho.. but pretty dull

I don’t get what’s funny mate? I’m deadly serious. I’m paying for a premium. I expect premium. They’ve ruined my favourite art for this film.
Basically what @Hereticz said. I'm sure we've all been disappointed by a release before, but you seem genuinely angry about the outcome of this one... I could understand if they specifically stated that it'd be spot-glossed, but that's apparently not the case.

That said, I've had a lot going on in my personal life lately, so it's kind of put everything into perspective and made me realise just how little these things matter. I'm sure someone will be happy to take it off your hands if you're not satisfied with it anyway mate.

I really think both will be great in hand!

I mean cmon, when Plain is doing the textured paper on their slips (carol, rust and bone, midsummer fantasia etc) everyone thinks it's great but now it sucks?
They also used the exact same texture for their Ernest & Celestine release and that's a stunner! :drool:

It is not a Plain Archive slip. CJ entertainment.

Reactions: sminister
Basically what @Hereticz said. I'm sure we've all been disappointed by a release before, but you seem genuinely angry about the outcome of this one... I could understand if they specifically stated that it'd be spot-glossed, but that's apparently not the case.

That said, I've had a lot going on in my personal life lately, so it's kind of put everything into perspective and made me realise just how little these things matter. I'm sure someone will be happy to take it off your hands if you're not satisfied with it anyway mate.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen plain explain the finishes of a slip before a pre order anyway. Mainly manta do that. Sometimes Nova

sorry to hear that, and same too, had a death in the family within the first 2 weeks of the new year as well as other sh!t going on but I use this site and hobby to escape the crap. Although I agree and other things have been put into perspective for me but especially with what happened in 2020 and still continuing now. I very nearly stopped this hobby a few months back and deleted my HDN account. I found that hard because I love it here and collecting too much so I said to myself only come on here at small amounts in a day or every few days but then that never worked out either, been such a boring and awful 12 months this was my escape I suppose. Which is why I’m probably still so vocal about stuff I’m annoyed with if I’m paying for it. But I hear you man x

It is not a Plain Archive slip. CJ entertainment.

yeah I knew someone else was involved in the release I just couldn’t remember who but I’m sure plain designed it all or set up the art from the artists etc. I dunno. It gets confusing after a while haha

I don’t get what’s funny mate? I’m deadly serious. I’m paying for a premium. I expect premium. They’ve ruined my favourite art for this film.

I know you hate me with passion and all that but I'm willing to take this off your hands. What's your price ?

I know you hate me with passion and all that but I'm willing to take this off your hands. What's your price ?

I don’t hate you with passion mate. I suppose we clash but I don’t hate you.
we still have some things in common

my price is a steak dinner and a hand job....

joke. I’m gona wait until it’s in hand because regardless of the slip finish I still love that steelbook and the slip art is my favourite. I missed getting the vinyl which uses the same art so this was a great way for me to get that art. I need to see it in hand tbh