Votes: 9 30.0%
  • no

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Mine are on shelves in sleeves. How do you all organize, store them?

Here's what one member has done...

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: amen
Last edited:
I found some awesome floating shelves here for displaying your SteelBooks. Could probably make them myself but IDK yet. If I do it will be two 60" wide ones. They seem to be just perfectly wide enough for placing your easel and SteelBook on. Imagine a wall full of these neat shelves. Just wanted to share what I found with others.

l2455420880.jpg

r24554.jpg

Cheers...

Reactions: jayce20 and vurt
Built this 2 days ago, just letting the stain have a good long dry, and I'll give it the steelbook treatment. It's a boat shelf, debating on putting a little light in the top under the stained triangle to shine down the front of it.

so did you finish this project ? would love to see the finished product :)

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

I found some awesome floating shelves here for displaying your SteelBooks. Could probably make them myself but IDK yet. If I do it will be two 60" wide ones. They seem to be just perfectly wide enough for placing your easel and SteelBook on. Imagine a wall full of these neat shelves. Just wanted to share what I found with others.

l2455420880.jpg

r24554.jpg
Cheers...

Nice find Acid. While Im sure that the quality will be high as well but the price is high too. You can find nice shelves similar perhaps a bit less in quality but for much cheaper. My shelves I have only cost $17 for a 48" length if your looking for something similar. And they have enough front lift that you don't need a stand to stand up the steel book. You just put the steel book in and stand it up against the wall for support.

The ones you found do have some pretty fantastic finish options though and again like I said the quality on them looks great.

Reactions: Lone Crusader

l2455420880.jpg

r24554.jpg

Cheers...

Man AcId, I have been looking for these exact shelves to mount behind my TV for a while. I need them to be 6 feet wide but most don't go that far and I don't want 2x3 footers due to lost space in that middle section. But for sharing the source and the pics. They really well-built and high quality.

Brilliant thread and some really good ideas, thanks guys.

At the moment I have mine on a standard bookcase, but it makes the collection look very, very small (which to be fair it is anyway at around 50!) - so instead of buying smaller shelves, it seems easier to just buy more steels ;)

Hey guys, Im new to the scene, and was wondering, do you have to put baggies on the steels if you are going to put them next to each other? Will they get scratched up? All I have are the best buy ones right now, but still dont want them to get all scratched. Thanks!

Hey guys, Im new to the scene, and was wondering, do you have to put baggies on the steels if you are going to put them next to each other? Will they get scratched up? All I have are the best buy ones right now, but still dont want them to get all scratched. Thanks!

It is very likely your steels can be scratched if you are putting them on a hard surface or wood bookcase.

You can view this thread below that talks about the different types of sleeves you can purchase to protect your steelbooks from scratches, etc.

https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/5766/

Last edited:
Thanks Hooch. Hopefully I wont need any more storage for a couple of years at least. I don't buy Amarays any more (just the occasional 3D Amaray) so It should take a while to gather enough SteelBooks or Vivas to fill my existing storage.