Votes: 9 30.0%
  • no

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Mine are on shelves in sleeves. How do you all organize, store them?

Here's what one member has done...

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: amen
Just around $530 for the total cost for those 3 seperate units. I can sqeeze a fourth one in there if I take off the baseboard. :D

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

Speechless EEK! Is that your big boy playroom behind you :D

Yes it is!!!

Last edited:
To do list:
-Get myself a REAL home theater room with a LOT of display space like Chip. :eek:

NOT to do list:
- Take a nice picture of the setup with me in the background like Chip. :hilarious:

BTW, this display is going to be AMAZING Chip. Hope your HP boxset will have a nice center spot next to Indiana Jones/IronMan and others ;)

Just finished putting together my storage from Ikea last night. Now I need more of those stands. I need at least 30 more of those two piece stands ASAP. Anyone who has any in bulk in the states please contact me. Here is a couple quick photos I took today.

Dec19thSteels004.jpg

Dec19thSteels001.jpg

Wow Chip, are each one of those shelves mirrored or is it just a reflection off the glass? Very nice though to display your collection. Ikea has some really cool storage solutions. I wanted to get a couple of the Bennos but they don't ship those from online. They're only in-store pickups. Unfortunately, I don't have an Ikea here where I live. :( So I have to shop at Racks and Stands online, but they have some storage similar to the Benno so I think I'm in luck. Anyways, really slick storage/display cases. They show your SB's off quiet nicely. :D

Wow Chip, are each one of those shelves mirrored or is it just a reflection off the glass? Very nice though to display your collection. Ikea has some really cool storage solutions. I wanted to get a couple of the Bennos but they don't ship those from online. They're only in-store pickups. Unfortunately, I don't have an Ikea here where I live. :( So I have to shop at Racks and Stands online, but they have some storage similar to the Benno so I think I'm in luck. Anyways, really slick storage/display cases. They show your SB's off quiet nicely. :D

Just one shelf has a mirror. I am impressed with the look and quality and price. Each unit came to about $175. 3 units total.

Here are my wrought iron shelves. I put them up Yesterday but still have to sort them out properly. Ideally I would have another one constructed, but I plan to move to Calgary by the end of 2012 and don't know if/ how I will get these there.

Shelf-01.jpg

Shelf-02.jpg

Shelf-03.jpg

Shelf-04.jpg

Last edited:
Here are my wrought iron shelves. I put them up Yesterday but still have to sort them out properly. Ideally I would have another one constructed, but I plan to move to Calgary by the end of 2012 and don't know if/ how I will get these there.

DSCF6383.jpg

EEK! You have the I-Robot head statue!!!! I have been looking for one for years! Congratulations!

Reactions: Blu-devil
Yeah, that Ben-Hur really sticks out. :hilarious::hilarious: I am just fooling with you. I am sure whatever your wife has gotten you will be awesome!

I don't even know what it looks like! They'll drop it at our place friday morning between 8am and 1pm. I won't even have the pleasure of using it since we'll hit the road a few minutes after that.

That picture doesn't even include the numerous steels remaining from the group buys, they are on the other side of the cabinet. Still waiting on the stupid monkeys :angry:

You be busy, man! To stay on topic - please make sure you grab a pic of it when it is all set up, just like how chip did it with a half-hidden picture of yourself (just kidding chip):hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Oh I'll do better than that, I'll shoot a video. I'm getting comments and private messages asking me for an overview of my collection. Only thing I was missing was these shelves and they should be here soon :)

I'll be back from my in-laws monday night. I'll assemble the shelves the day after that and if they light is good, I'll shoot a video tuesday night :scat:

Last edited:
Reactions: ash333
oh yeah you can bet on that. after seeing a friend do something similar and half of his steels fell on the floor i wont let that happen. i plan on adding some moulding on the end to prevent any mishap from happening.

wth is that :hilarious:

j/k :D

words of advice, avoid stacking your steelie like that...bad bad

You can tell from this picture that I can't wait for my new shelves for numerous reasons :joy:

2is9rh0.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

not bad, but I would be worried in mishap by hitting it against the medal stand.

good luck...

just finished putting this together for my steels.

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

very nice...I always love the row of "library" look....

picture.php

This is how I keep my steels displayed, I bought the display from barnes and noble bookstore. :scat:

Reactions: shonuff6
Sorry for the first picture it's blury, and I can't use my other camera since the cable is being used by my wife at the moment. The others are fine tho.

28jgs60.jpg

29x9176.jpg

1glu8o.jpg

ixvbsj.jpg

2ngem13.jpg

28gqsf7.jpg

Already running short on space and I've assembled these an hour ago.

I think I'm going to get another one from Ikea to use as a storage solution and keep this one for showing the ones I like the most.

Reactions: Pud1804 and Drum18