Pirates of the Caribbean : Dead Man's Chest (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release Date: 6th of April, 2015
Price: £15.99
Purchase Link (Not Live Yet): POTC: Dead Man's Chest
Limited to 3K.

11070533-1421414480-427354.jpg

11070533-1421414480-427538.jpg 11070533-1421414480-427447.jpg 11070533-1421414480-427455.jpg 11070533-1421414480-427464.jpg 11070533-1421414480-427529.jpg

Other editions:
Curse of the Black Pearl || Dead Man Chest || At World's End

Last edited:
Disgusted again by Zavvi, they really do themselves no favours, pure greed. :greedy: :meh: Not sure I want my two POTC steelbooks, may consider sending them back or selling them.

Last edited:
I just realized Zavvi could very likely put out Strange Tides and pretty much name their price and attach it to a Z-Box and most of us will pony up for it to complete the set.

@dfoles and @Geek Tragedy what do you think about the PoTC steel? I'd like you to share your opinions as I've heard it's terrible :)

Got all 3 of these in. It's kind of sad; they have a nice matte finish with spot glossing, they have embossing, and there's a running theme between all three. Unfortunately that theme is lazy artwork.

Other than the use of the main movie poster for artwork on the front, and having a section of that same common artwork reused on the back in a miniscule size, I think the thing that irks me the most is that the embossing doesn't line up with the unnecessary frame some designer threw around the generic poster art.

I feel like that one thing might've shown someone thought about the design of these Steelbooks. Clearly, they did not.

Reactions: charleybusko
I actually like the steelbooks quite a bit. They look great together as a set and the colors are very nice IMHO. Just watched this movie last night for the first time in years and it totally holds up. I love the cliffhanger ending and Davey Jones is just stunning to look at.

Reactions: charleybusko
I actually like the steelbooks quite a bit. They look great together as a set and the colors are very nice IMHO. Just watched this movie last night for the first time in years and it totally holds up. I love the cliffhanger ending and Davey Jones is just stunning to look at.

thanks for sharing, it appears you're in the minority. I may consider getting them, if the price drops to 9.99 or less.

thanks for sharing, it appears you're in the minority. I may consider getting them, if the price drops to 9.99 or less.

Count me in that minority with him, these steelbooks are gorgeous.

Reactions: Geek Tragedy