Play.com New SteelBook Packaging Methods

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Just a general FYI ....

Your voice has been heard in regards to how steels are packaged and they are working on methods to better protect them in many different ways that I can't go into full details yet.

But once again this is great news for all those living in the UK ordering steelbooks. (and of course for all our group buy participants regarding their titles)

Things are being worked on in this regard, and it's not being taken lightly. No set date as to when you will start seeing this in action. (But it should be well before that insane wave coming in June ;) )

HDN salutes Play for being a company that listens to the consumer community!

Pictures of new packaging (thanks to Jaspar)
package1.jpg

package2.jpg

package3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully also european buyers will benefit from the then "improved" packaging!!!
Thanks for your effort here (again!) Wreck! :scat:

And thumbs up to play.com for listening! Now tell amazon.ca :hilarious:

Hopefully this new packaging is effective with the Chronicle Steelbook :ohno:

This is why I love the Ninja community, and became a Ninja and fully support this great site.

Hot off the press inside info. :) For all of those who collecting steelbooks around the World, and ain't aware of this site, we are a silent force on the background and getting this in motion. :)

Now the next big fish on the list are Amazon.ca & Amazon.com. Now that North-America finally is into the steelbooks, we need a decent solution for that too.

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 :oohyeah:

Reactions: MK50
Hopefully also european buyers will benefit from the then "improved" packaging!!!
Thanks for your effort here (again!) Wreck! :scat:

And thumbs up to play.com for listening! Now tell amazon.ca :hilarious:

Hopefully this new packaging is effective with the Chronicle Steelbook :ohno:

From my understanding, this will affect any steelbook that ships out the door. Don't expect this for normal amaray stuff people.

Reactions: MK50
Such wonderful news!

I'm actually wondering if Amazon Japan would improve their Steelbook's packing, if enough people send them bad feedback about this matter. I, for example, gave them bad feedback for all of my last orders from them, and added a literal explanation in addition, of course. I really hope it would make any change in the near future...

Thanks for the news and the influence, Wreck.

Play have really started to impress me lately. Their packaging is/was the only downside to ordering from them IMO, so this is fantastic news! Got to give them huge credit for actually listening to their customers too. Thanks for the info Wreck. :D

Fantastic news, i have had so many damaged Steels from them in the past, will start using them a bit more again once the better packaging is in place. :scat: