Play.com New SteelBook Packaging Methods

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Just a general FYI ....

Your voice has been heard in regards to how steels are packaged and they are working on methods to better protect them in many different ways that I can't go into full details yet.

But once again this is great news for all those living in the UK ordering steelbooks. (and of course for all our group buy participants regarding their titles)

Things are being worked on in this regard, and it's not being taken lightly. No set date as to when you will start seeing this in action. (But it should be well before that insane wave coming in June ;) )

HDN salutes Play for being a company that listens to the consumer community!

Pictures of new packaging (thanks to Jaspar)
package1.jpg

package2.jpg

package3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll certainly buy more from them if this works out. The packaging is the only thing that lets Play down as a seller of steelbooks; everything else is good.

Great news, 4/5 Play exclusives that I have received have been damaged so far. :(
I hope this remedies the situation and the Fox releases all arrive minty mint because they are too nice to be dented on arrival. :)

Play.com was already one of my favorite stores to buy stuff since they dont charge shipping, but now with all this i guess it will be my absolute favorite!

Thanks Wreck and thanks play.com!

So would the big upcoming news be............a box and bubble wrap!

I kid, I kid!
Good stuff. nice to hear this along side the new SB releases.

Hats off to Play.com who sent me these. :scat: I'm supposedly going to get some pics next week of how they will pack steelbooks. But you can see the extra care will go for steelbooks, tins, etc.

Attachments

• 2 Box Set.jpg
    2 Box Set.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 4 Box Set.jpg
    4 Box Set.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 5 Box Set.jpg
    5 Box Set.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 76
  • 7 Box Set.jpg
    7 Box Set.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 83
  • 9 Box Set.jpg
    9 Box Set.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 77
very great news!!! :scat:
i was affraid and worried with the new wave of steelbooks (the 4th June) and now i can sleep like a baby!

Hats off to Play.com who sent me these. :scat: I'm supposedly going to get some pics next week of how they will pack steelbooks. But you can see the extra care will go for steelbooks, tins, etc.
As Mr. Burns would say... EXCELLENT!

that's amazing. Great Job...now if only they shipped to US....;)

Whoop!

Just a general FYI ....

Your voice has been heard in regards to how steels are packaged and they are working on methods to better protect them in many different ways that I can't go into full details yet.

But once again this is great news for all those living in the UK ordering steelbooks. (and of course for all our group buy participants regarding their titles)

Things are being worked on in this regard, and it's not being taken lightly. No set date as to when you will start seeing this in action. (But it should be well before that insane wave coming in June ;) )

HDN salutes Play for being a company that listens to the consumer community!

I sent Play.com an email a few weeks back suggesting they addressed the way they sent steelbooks and that it should increase their popularity and sales as well as decrease their returns also. Nice to see that some places listen! :oohyeah: