Predator (1987) (Discless SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #158) [Czech Republic]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: January 12, 2022 (E1 - E5) - January 19 (E2) - January 26 (E3) - February 2 (E4)
Purchase links: Edition 1 - Edition 2 - Edition 3 - Edition 4 - Edition 5
Price: 1799 CZK (E1) - 1899 CZK (E2 - E3) - 7499 CZK (E4) - 1199 CZK (E5)
Group buy: hosted by carllenc Edition 1 - Edition 2 - Edition 3 - Edition 4
Notes: This release will be discless per FA communication, quoted here.

A1D616BE-B74D-40F5-B237-63B4CF3AEC8A.jpeg6BF4D113-FAC3-4DAA-805C-AEA3AFAF72B7.jpeg0E6C988E-2AEC-480E-AC8F-A41D0E7F64BC.jpeg9429BB34-62D6-4E29-BE8C-1330C4148970.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just received my E3 today. I'm happy with it! The depth is great. But I'm wondering.. is the back of the slip supposed to glow in the dark? Cause mine isn't. And not seeing any kind of luminescent effect. Thought the mask was supposed to.
Did you unseal it? :naughty:

Received my E3 this morning. I like it, and I'm happy to just have it at this point, but I'm not bowled over with the overall quality. It's not up to Alien or Prometheus standards tbh.

The lenti is actually very good. Not pixelated, good colours and depth. Rear and sides/top are okay, but pretty much just flat thin gloss stock, except for the main central bit of the mask and any side/top text, which have a thin luminescent coating. It has a good effect (like Alien E1) when charged, but the slip itself doesn't feel special in hand. Thin is what springs to mind.

Steel is great. Not the sharpest image on the front tbh, and the black isn't inky, but otherwise all good. Back is better, sold colours and image. Interior image is a pretty blurry, but fine.

Booklet is great. Good res images inside and a decent writeup on each character/actor, discussing them and their role in the film etc.. Image resolution on the outside is poor though.

The folder is thankfully the old fold out fac style, instead of the cheaper feeling pocket envelope style they're using now. Image res outside isn't great again. Photo and character cards are a mixed bag, ranging from great to meh, both image and quality.

Worth pointing out all the logos on everything in the set still say FOX lol so this really has been made for a very long time. The only part that states "20th Century Studios" is the jcard.

Booklet is great. Good res images inside and a decent writeup on each character/actor, discussing them and their role in the film etc.. Image resolution on the outside is poor though.

Is it the same as the one from Black Barons edition? Still no unboxing videos for myself to check. Thanks!!!