Prey (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Aug 10, 2023
Release date: October 3, 2023
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $40.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

20230817_160901.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Far from truth. Ppl are excited for right reasons that this one is getting physical release, but artwork is far from being best.
Inside is better from outside if two would be compared. Also kinda cartoonish style doesn't suit this movie.
Expect full gloss for this one nothing less.
Amaray with no cartoonish style looks way better.
Also, prob no DV on this one :D.

This one is one good example of better custom than original one:

No, no way. Seen this one, and another different one, which is a little better, but still the kind I'd have expected from Dishney and been disappointed with. They went the Lionsgate route and hired/used outside artist for new, better art this time!

That's the one:

Here's another:

Reactions: Masta Norris
these customs always look like some scrub mindlessly pasted art on the cover and ruined it with amateur cropping, sh1tty title placement and overall misalignments

Reactions: astycorax
these customs always look like some scrub mindlessly pasted art on the cover and ruined it with amateur cropping, sh1tty title placement and bad zooming..

And cartoonish style is better? Inside is same as from custom one... look for Dog Soldiers steelbook from FNAC.
That's from Swish custom image... just red paint put over.
Well at least it'll have addition of dings/dents that's for sure. :D

And cartoonish style is better? Inside is same as from custom one... look for Dog Soldiers steelbook from FNAC.
That's from Swish custom image... just red paint put over.
Well at least it'll have addition of dings/dents that's for sure. :D
i think the art on the official one is better than any of the custom ones.. only lennys last custom looks halfway decent.. but choice of art is ofc just personal preference, those customs have other problems than the actual choice of art

but unfortunately you got a point with the best buy trademark dents..

Reactions: samdavies
xD and yet they copy pasted interior.
Lmao xD
What? You’re not making any sense again

The artworks you both posted are fine. The poster art you originally posted is great (close up of her face). But the execution of vinyl wrap custom steels is so bad it’s hilarious. I’ve yet to see a good custom.

• Making of Prey: Step behind the scenes of Prey as the cast and crew explore the genesis of the project, how they gave authenticity to the story, the intense physical training the cast endured, and the effects work that brought the iconic Predator back to the screen.
  • Prey FYC Panel With Cast & Crew: Go deeper into Prey with a lively panel discussion featuring director Dan Trachtenberg, actor Amber Midthunder, producer Jhane Myers, director of photography Jeff Cutter, film editor Angela M. Catanzaro and creature effects designer Alec Gillis.
  • Alternative Opening Scene: Check out a scene that didn’t make the cut with commentary by Dan Trachtenberg.
  • Deleted Scene: Big Warrior, Little Warrior: Check out a scene that didn’t make the cut with commentary by Dan Trachtenberg.
  • Deleted Scene: Treetop Chase (pre-vis): Check out a scene that didn’t make the cut with commentary by Dan Trachtenberg.
  • Audio Commentary: Play Movie With Audio Commentary By Dan Trachtenberg, Amber Midthunder, Jeff Cutter & Angela M. Catanzaro.
Extras are on the Blu-ray Disc
secret bonus...
Back to retail: We at Disney realized that we are totally retarded and we were stupid to believe streaming only is the future and after we lost a lot of money, we finally decided to release Prey on physical media... give us your money now.

• Making of Prey: Step behind the scenes of Prey as the cast and crew explore the genesis of the project, how they gave authenticity to the story, the intense physical training the cast endured, and the effects work that brought the iconic Predator back to the screen.
  • Prey FYC Panel With Cast & Crew: Go deeper into Prey with a lively panel discussion featuring director Dan Trachtenberg, actor Amber Midthunder, producer Jhane Myers, director of photography Jeff Cutter, film editor Angela M. Catanzaro and creature effects designer Alec Gillis.
  • Alternative Opening Scene: Check out a scene that didn’t make the cut with commentary by Dan Trachtenberg.
  • Deleted Scene: Big Warrior, Little Warrior: Check out a scene that didn’t make the cut with commentary by Dan Trachtenberg.
  • Deleted Scene: Treetop Chase (pre-vis): Check out a scene that didn’t make the cut with commentary by Dan Trachtenberg.
  • Audio Commentary: Play Movie With Audio Commentary By Dan Trachtenberg, Amber Midthunder, Jeff Cutter & Angela M. Catanzaro.
Extras are on the Blu-ray Disc
It's not very often I watch making-ofs or listen to the commentary, but I'm actually excited to see/hear this one. Same for the alt opening and deleted scenes... can't wait!

This is like a crayon drawing by a 12 year old. Not good.
This is really subpar artwork.
IMG_6471.jpeg

to give you an idea of what this should look like...
I made a custom amaray version for myself awhile ago since I thought it would never get a release. I think I'll stick with that!
IMG_6476.jpeg

IMG_6474.png

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of the 20th Century Fox logo over the title..... Why would they start doing that?
Probably because they are still releasing fils under the studio name and changed it to 20th century studios. To differentiate it from Disney but Disney own it