PS3 Slim News Megathread

Jan 29, 2009
The number of E3 rumors are starting to escalate, and we're starting to wonder if gigantic announcements will be in abundance at the show...

As most of you are aware, a new PSP - quite possible the PSP Go! - will be unveiled during Sony's press conference, but that may not be the end of the new hardware announcements. According to PlayStation LifeStyle, a new iteration of the PlayStation 3 may be headed our way soon. We have no idea what sort of alteration one can expect; as the site says, it may just be new colors like the Matte Silver or the Ceramic White. We're actually expecting that anyway, as the silver and white Dual Shock 3 controllers will soon be arriving at retailers nationwide. But the other possibility is a slimmer, lighter PS3, which is a rumor that has been circulating for quite some time (take a look at the launch PS2 and the current Slim PS2, for instance). It's just that the word "redesign" could mean almost anything so at this point, the imagination's the limit... We don't believe it'll be a whole new model with different features and a bigger hard drive, but you never know; they might introduce one so as to issue a price drop. That's what we really want.

Well, it's just another bit of speculation that will run wild for the next few weeks. At the very least, it'll keep people talking, right?

Slim Line PS3 Real/Fake

Well i will let you guys make of this what you will? Sony are saying its fake, but what do you guys think?

Source:kotaku.com/5253475/these-the-first-pics-of-the-ps3-slim"]http://kotaku.com/5253475/these-the-first-pics-of-the-ps3-slim

ps3_slim_box.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
my guess is its not a PS3 slim, its the cheaper PS3 that is rumored to come out this next year.

slim is misleading i suppose. but its def smaller, and its def happening. i'm still undecided about these pictures, but i'm leaning towards real

so the more i look at these pics the more i think it's real. i just hope when it's all assembled and finished it doesn't look as cheap as the separate parts do by themselves.